• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

End of an Era: Was the Last Episode of Guiding Light a Bittersweet Farewell?

In summary, the last episode of Guiding Light was sad. Everyone got to know the characters well and it was the last time we would see them.
chefcharity
Well, today was the last episode of Guiding Light. How silly is it that it is so sad! I mean the show has been on for 70 years and I have been watching for about 25. You really get to know the characters! It is the only soap I watch any more and I can't even watch it at regular times. I DVR it so I can watch them after kids are in bed and it's quiet.

I'll miss you GL!!!! :cry:

Oh that's sucks! Sad for you, as I know how it is when you are stuck on a particular soap! lol. How do soaps just go off the air after that long anyways lol?

I watched, I laughed I cried. My grandma got me hooked on this soap. My questions is what will they replace it with??? Please or Please not another reality show, game show, or even talk show.

It is a game show, Shelly. I think Let's Make a Deal. I thought they wrapped 70 years of drama up pretty good, though.

Did they address Jeffery at all? I watched but couldn't remember seeing him....and, at least now (a year later now on the show), Lizzie (Marcy Rylan) could actually be pregnant and look pregnant instead of not being pregnant on the show and us seeing that she is obviously VERY pregnant in real life. hated that.

No, they didn't address Jeffrey at all. It ended up with Josh and Reva leaving together as a couple with Collin.

It was very hard for me to watch this end. It has been a part of my life for over 30 years too! After watching for so long (started with my grandmother) it was like second family. I never was hooked on a show like this and it was the only daytime soap I ever watched.

I am thinking of saving my tape from this past week so from time to time I can rewatch it. My DH knew enough to bring me the tissue box this week when it came on and to of course leave me alone and not bother me during the airings.

I liked them showing a year later so you could see updates.

Glad to see that I am not the only Cheffer hooked on GL!

I grew up watching GL. I'll miss it. I have not watched it since they went to the new way of recording it I must admit as I cannot stand that new format (like they do on The Office) but it will be one of my fav shows always. I hope when I have children to have a girl so I can name her Maura - its always been my fav girls name ever since I started watching the show at around age 8. My fav boy's name comes from Days of our Lives (Brady). I'm such a sucker for soaps. :)

Well, they kind of addressed Jeffery on Thursday. I think when they showed that last scene of him and Edmund it was pretty much saying that that chase was going to go on for a long, long time. How sad, Jeffery is off protecting Reva and she didn't even know it. So, now he is just protecting her so she can be with Josh. I know, I know... Its just a show. Its just a show. Its just a show. :)

Speaking of Lizzie... did you see her poor ankles when they did the jump rope scene? I bet she was miserable during those last takes. I think she got as big as I did when I was prego.. and that wasn't fun! LOL!

1. What happened in the last episode of Guiding Light?

The last episode of Guiding Light aired on September 18, 2009 after 72 years on television. It featured the wedding of Josh and Reva, a popular couple on the show, with many of the show's beloved characters returning to celebrate their love.

2. Did the show wrap up all of its storylines in the last episode?

While the last episode tied up some storylines, not all were resolved. The show's producers wanted to leave some open-ended for the possibility of a future revival.

3. Did the show have a satisfying ending?

Opinions on the ending of Guiding Light vary among fans. Some found the wedding of Josh and Reva to be a fitting conclusion, while others were disappointed with the lack of closure for certain characters.

4. How did the cast and crew react to the show ending?

The cast and crew of Guiding Light were understandably emotional about the show's ending. Many shared their thoughts and memories on social media and in interviews, expressing gratitude for their time on the show and sadness over its conclusion.

5. Is there any chance of a Guiding Light revival?

While there have been rumors of a possible revival, there are currently no plans for Guiding Light to return to television. However, fans can still enjoy the show through reruns and streaming services.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jenniferlynne
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl