• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has anyone else experienced issues with the Large Stone breaking in the oven?

In summary, the stones with handles are having a lot of issues. Customers have to pay to return them, and the warranty does not cover them if they break.
I just had another one returned. 4 of the 11 I've sold have cracked...so far. PC has such great quality products. I hope they get a "handle" on this situation. Ok, it's late.

I am on number 14 broken large stone with handles, INSANE!!!!! Just got the 14th call today.

One I gave as a wedding gift broke and the girl didn't want to let me know! Found out through her mom. I got it replaced w/no problem. But.....since there have been so many break....(at least 6 for my customers) why would we be getting rid of the large stone w/o handles? Love mine and never had any problems. Everytime I have someone order the handled stone I just hope there will be no problems.

I think the problem might be that people don't realize that they are putting it against the side of the oven or it may be hitting the door - this stone is a little bigger than others because of the handles. That could cause a stone to break.

I have had just one customer that had problems with her stone and she got 2 replacements and finally exchanged it for something else. We brainstormed everything I could think of that she might be doing and we couldn't figure it out - I never asked if it was touching the wall or door of the oven though. Just a thought...

I agree Beth - I have double ovens and the top oven is convection - I can't use it in my convection b/c it's not as deep and the stone touches the oven door.

I am now up to 16 broken stones with handles, totally unacceptable. Have not gotten a response from HO about my compalint. They are all from November too.

I talked to HO yesterday and asked about the Large stone with handles and the lady said that there are no issues with this piece. UGH This will make my 3rd stone. I know for a fact it doesn't touch the sides or the door. I have also been asked if I store it in the oven - nope! I will say that each time it happens it is getting messier. First time it broke into 3 clean parts - second time wow it was all over my oven.

I had a customer buy one the other day and it took all I had not to say anything.

At my show last night I told everyone that if they wanted the round stone w/out the handles to get it now.
I didn't like the one with handles because of storage issues and a few other reasons (didn't list them).
I really have a problem with the handles and I was hoping they would keep both!:cry:

Kelly V :chef:

Add me to the laundry list of people doing returns of the large round with handles!! I've done my own, but DANG IT! I delievered the stone Friday and this afternoon its already broken! The woman is a PC groupie so she knows what is going on!! ARGH!! Then of course the on line adjustment isn't working so now i have to wait til tomorrow to call! FRUSTRATING!!!

And another large stone with handles to do an adjustment on. I had been reading about all of these posts and it finally happened to me. I am scared to even sell these stones now. I sure hope they do something about this soon..

Geeeeez, really?!?!?! I have one of these stones still in the box... I haven't used it yet. Maybe I should go ahead and order one of the flat round stones now before it's too late & give away the one with handles as a door prize or something... Do people have these same issues with the flat round stone?

Hello,

I am having a problem with the large pizza stone with handles. I ordered it from my show back in November before I became a consultant as a part of the pizza party gift set. I gave it as a Christmas present and the stone had arrived cracked. I called HO and they sent a replacement.

Now the replacement was in the oven cooking at 375 and it exploded while my friend was cooking dinner. This is a really good friend/customer of mine, who is hosting a big show for me in 2 weeks. What am I supposed to tell her? She LOVES all the other stones and pretty much every PC product but how do I handle this situation? This is her second one already! I don't think she will want another one... what happens now?

I thought they fixed this problem... I am a new consultant and do not know what I am supposed to say b/c I believe that our products are awesome but not if they are exploding in ovens. Then it makes me anxious that if this one has a problem maybe others do too and I just haven't discovered it. I am very nervous b/c I do not want to tell people not to buy it but I am really scared of getting yelled at and being embarrassed by future hosts soooo HELP!!!!

bumping ....

<h2>1. What is the Large Stone used for in the oven?</h2><p>The Large Stone is typically used for baking and roasting in the oven. It is a popular product among Pampered Chef customers for its ability to evenly distribute heat and create a crispy crust on baked goods.</p><h2>2. How common is it for the Large Stone to break in the oven?</h2><p>While it is not a common occurrence, we have received some reports of the Large Stone breaking in the oven. However, we have taken steps to address this issue and ensure that our customers are satisfied with their purchase.</p><h2>3. What should I do if my Large Stone breaks in the oven?</h2><p>If your Large Stone breaks in the oven, please contact our customer service team immediately. We offer a satisfaction guarantee and will be happy to replace the broken stone for you.</p><h2>4. Is there a specific reason why the Large Stone may break in the oven?</h2><p>There are a few factors that may contribute to the Large Stone breaking in the oven, such as sudden changes in temperature, placing the stone on a hot stovetop, or using metal utensils on the stone. It is important to follow the care instructions provided with the product.</p><h2>5. How long does the Large Stone typically last?</h2><p>The longevity of the Large Stone depends on how well it is cared for and used. With proper care, it can last for years. However, if you experience any issues with your stone, please reach out to us and we will be happy to assist you.</p>

1. What is the Large Stone used for in the oven?

The Large Stone is typically used for baking and roasting in the oven. It is a popular product among Pampered Chef customers for its ability to evenly distribute heat and create a crispy crust on baked goods.

2. How common is it for the Large Stone to break in the oven?

While it is not a common occurrence, we have received some reports of the Large Stone breaking in the oven. However, we have taken steps to address this issue and ensure that our customers are satisfied with their purchase.

3. What should I do if my Large Stone breaks in the oven?

If your Large Stone breaks in the oven, please contact our customer service team immediately. We offer a satisfaction guarantee and will be happy to replace the broken stone for you.

4. Is there a specific reason why the Large Stone may break in the oven?

There are a few factors that may contribute to the Large Stone breaking in the oven, such as sudden changes in temperature, placing the stone on a hot stovetop, or using metal utensils on the stone. It is important to follow the care instructions provided with the product.

5. How long does the Large Stone typically last?

The longevity of the Large Stone depends on how well it is cared for and used. With proper care, it can last for years. However, if you experience any issues with your stone, please reach out to us and we will be happy to assist you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • ChefZee
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Chef Gilles
  • kdangel518