• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions About Simple Additions Large Square Bowl

In summary, The Simple Additions large square bowl is a versatile and beautiful piece, but its 20 cup capacity may be too big for daily use. It can be used for a variety of purposes such as serving chips and dips, pasta salad, taco toppings, and as a centerpiece or fruit bowl. Some users have also used it for meals, as a candy bowl, and to hold catalogs. Overall, it is a favorite among many users but may not be practical for smaller households.
Belle4562
I'm thinking about getting the Simple Additions large square bowl, but I'm not sure about the size. It is almost 13" by 13", which doesn't seem huge to me, but the 20 cup capacity seems crazy. Do any of you have this, and if so, what do you use it for?

i have it and i love it! i use it for so many things...chips and dips with the small bowls, caesar pasta salad, i also put 4 of the small bowls in it and put various taco toppings for a taco bar, the possibilities are endless!

I sold mine to a friend who does a lot of entertaining. It's beautiful and huge, but I have no use for it.

How deep would you say it is?

Here it is in my big LazyBoy recliner with a 3 lb bag of mints inside the bowl. It's BIG!!! LOL

DSC00422.jpg

Thanks for all of the feedback, and especially for the picture to put it into perspective! haha I think I am going to wait on the bowl - I love it, but I'm not sure I would use it enough.

It's great for salads, both green and pasta, for parties. But it's realistically too big for daily use - unless you use it as a centerpiece/fruit bowl or have 10 people in your family.

chefann said:
It's great for salads, both green and pasta, for parties. But it's realistically too big for daily use - unless you use it as a centerpiece/fruit bowl or have 10 people in your family.

Or farmers ;)

darlinclem said:
Or farmers ;)

WEll, we're farmers and mine mostly sits in the store room waiting for a party, so I guess I don't quite get that one...:confused:

ChefPaulaB said:
WEll, we're farmers and mine mostly sits in the store room waiting for a party, so I guess I don't quite get that one...:confused:

I feed my FIL, DH and hired man at least 2-3 times a week. It works great for meals for them. Since they do so much manual labor, they eat.. a lot! :)

I love it for when I have friends over for breakfast or lunch...I fill it with ice, and put yogurts in it. Everyone oohs and ahs. I've also used it to put wine coolers in for an evening party. I have the freezer space, so I'll freeze it first, and it keeps the ice from melting for a long time.

I also use it for salads, as a fruit bowl, to serve pasta in (if I'm making too much for the large dots bowl), to float candles and flowers in as a center piece...

I use it a lot, especially when entertaining!

I love the picture demo - great way to put the size in perspective. I'm thinking it would make a fab pasta bowl.

I had it sitting on the edge of my counter for a LONG time & used it as a fruit bowl. Last year, we sat out front of the house & handed out Halloween Candy and I used it as the Candy Bowl. I went as a Pampered Chef Consultant with my apron hoping to get a few leads, but no luck. :(I think this year I'm going to wrap all the candy in marketing material! LOL

darlinclem said:
I feed my FIL, DH and hired man at least 2-3 times a week. It works great for meals for them. Since they do so much manual labor, they eat.. a lot! :)

Ah, that makes sense, I just have to feed DH and he doesn't eat like a normal hard working man (very small eater)...

Sheila said:
I had it sitting on the edge of my counter for a LONG time & used it as a fruit bowl. Last year, we sat out front of the house & handed out Halloween Candy and I used it as the Candy Bowl. I went as a Pampered Chef Consultant with my apron hoping to get a few leads, but no luck. :(

I think this year I'm going to wrap all the candy in marketing material! LOL

I LOVE IT!! I laughed so loud, that the family wanted to know what was so funny. My hubby just smirked and said, "Yup. It's confirmed. The Pampered Chef is a cult". I told him....yup, it's an obsession and a lifestyle. :D

This is so funny, I have this also. It is one of my favorite pieces, I actually got it before I was a consultant as one of my hostess perks. I have the basket it goes in also. What's evenmore funny is that now it holds my current catalogs on my dining room table/office. It has had many lives, though it is most appealing with a nice salad in it.:)

I hadn't even given this bowl a second thought - that is until I read this thread! Now I want it!! AND I think I even have the Woven to go with it!

Now, I can't wait to order it.

1. What is the size of the Simple Additions Large Square Bowl?

The Simple Additions Large Square Bowl has a capacity of 10 cups and measures 9.5 inches on each side, making it perfect for serving large portions or for use as a decorative centerpiece.

2. Is the Simple Additions Large Square Bowl microwave safe?

Yes, the Simple Additions Large Square Bowl is made of durable stoneware that is safe to use in the microwave, oven, and dishwasher for convenient cooking and clean-up.

3. Can the Simple Additions Large Square Bowl be used for both hot and cold foods?

Yes, the stoneware material of the Simple Additions Large Square Bowl is designed to withstand both hot and cold temperatures, making it versatile for a variety of dishes and recipes.

4. Does the Simple Additions Large Square Bowl come with a lid?

Unfortunately, the Simple Additions Large Square Bowl does not come with a lid. However, it can be paired with the Simple Additions Large Square Bowl Lid (sold separately) for easy storage or transport of leftovers.

5. Can the Simple Additions Large Square Bowl be used in the freezer?

Yes, the Simple Additions Large Square Bowl is freezer safe, allowing you to store leftovers or prepare dishes in advance for later use. Just be sure to thaw the bowl before placing it in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ahinchey
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • RAWOLFI