1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Large Square Bowl

1. Belle4562

Belle4562 Member

I'm thinking about getting the Simple Additions large square bowl, but I'm not sure about the size. It is almost 13" by 13", which doesn't seem huge to me, but the 20 cup capacity seems crazy. Do any of you have this, and if so, what do you use it for?

Oct 9, 2009
  2. kewaters

kewaters Member

i have it and i love it! i use it for so many things...chips and dips with the small bowls, caesar pasta salad, i also put 4 of the small bowls in it and put various taco toppings for a taco bar, the possibilities are endless!

Oct 9, 2009
  3. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

I sold mine to a friend who does a lot of entertaining. It's beautiful and huge, but I have no use for it.

Oct 9, 2009
  4. Belle4562

Belle4562 Member

How deep would you say it is?

Oct 9, 2009
  5. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

Here it is in my big LazyBoy recliner with a 3 lb bag of mints inside the bowl. It's BIG!!! LOL

[​IMG]

Oct 9, 2009
  6. Belle4562

Belle4562 Member

Thanks for all of the feedback, and especially for the picture to put it into perspective! haha I think I am going to wait on the bowl - I love it, but I'm not sure I would use it enough.

Oct 10, 2009
  7. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

It's great for salads, both green and pasta, for parties. But it's realistically too big for daily use - unless you use it as a centerpiece/fruit bowl or have 10 people in your family.

Oct 10, 2009
  8. darlinclem

darlinclem Advanced Member Gold Member

Or farmers ;)

Oct 10, 2009
  9. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

WEll, we're farmers and mine mostly sits in the store room waiting for a party, so I guess I don't quite get that one...:confused:

Oct 10, 2009
  10. darlinclem

darlinclem Advanced Member Gold Member

I feed my FIL, DH and hired man at least 2-3 times a week. It works great for meals for them. Since they do so much manual labor, they eat.. a lot! :)

Oct 10, 2009
  11. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

I love it for when I have friends over for breakfast or lunch...I fill it with ice, and put yogurts in it. Everyone oohs and ahs. I've also used it to put wine coolers in for an evening party. I have the freezer space, so I'll freeze it first, and it keeps the ice from melting for a long time.

I also use it for salads, as a fruit bowl, to serve pasta in (if I'm making too much for the large dots bowl), to float candles and flowers in as a center piece...

I use it a lot, especially when entertaining!

Oct 10, 2009
  12. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

I love the picture demo - great way to put the size in perspective. I'm thinking it would make a fab pasta bowl.

Oct 10, 2009
  13. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I had it sitting on the edge of my counter for a LONG time & used it as a fruit bowl. Last year, we sat out front of the house & handed out Halloween Candy and I used it as the Candy Bowl. I went as a Pampered Chef Consultant with my apron hoping to get a few leads, but no luck. :(

I think this year I'm going to wrap all the candy in marketing material! LOL

Oct 10, 2009
  14. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Ah, that makes sense, I just have to feed DH and he doesn't eat like a normal hard working man (very small eater)...

Oct 12, 2009
  15. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

I LOVE IT!! I laughed so loud, that the family wanted to know what was so funny. My hubby just smirked and said, "Yup. It's confirmed. The Pampered Chef is a cult". I told him....yup, it's an obsession and a lifestyle. :D

16. This is so funny, I have this also. It is one of my favorite pieces, I actually got it before I was a consultant as one of my hostess perks. I have the basket it goes in also. What's evenmore funny is that now it holds my current catalogs on my dining room table/office. It has had many lives, though it is most appealing with a nice salad in it.:)

17. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I hadn't even given this bowl a second thought - that is until I read this thread! Now I want it!! AND I think I even have the Woven to go with it!

Now, I can't wait to order it.

Oct 21, 2009
Have something to add?