• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Party Planning on a Larger Scale: Tips & Ideas

In summary, the conversation discussed tips and ideas for managing a large party with many guests. Suggestions included keeping the presentation short and interactive, having hands-on recipes for guests to participate in, and incorporating games to keep them engaged. It was also mentioned to do as much prep work beforehand and to choose a quick demo that showcases a desired product. The key takeaway was to not get discouraged if some guests are not paying attention, as long as everyone is having a good time.
JennyJennJen
Gold Member
Most of my parties have been between 5-10 people. I have a show coming up next week, with 15 yeses so far and some of them are bringing guests and there are still a number of maybes. Any ideas on how to keep this from getting crazy but keep them excited about what is going on. Any tips, suggestions, ideas are appreciated :)

The larger the show, the shorter I talk. Harder to keep their attention with a large group. I envoke this when more then 20 attend.

Hands-on recipes are good to get them involved so they don't chat the evening away and not pay attention to you :)

I had a large show recently. I also kept the presentation short and made the rush hour chicken fajitas. I had one DCB cooking a batch during my presentation and then put the demonstrated batch in the microwave when the first finished. (I borrowed the 2nd DCB from a consultant friend). I sold 4 DCBs, over $850 in sales, and booked two shows so they could get the DCB free or discounted.

I now wish I wouldn't have given my host an option for a recipe, he chose the three cheese garden pizza over the Fajitas...awe well. awesome job though!

Do as much prep work before the party as possible!! just leave a few things to slice to show the product, and that's it. Have the crust already baked (can't remember if it is prebaked some or not...been awhile since I've done that recipe).Then pick a short quick demo you WANT to feature- like the DCB with a chocolate cake! It's cheap, and you can talk about the DCB, and have a dessert too- with a large group, it might be worth it. Or the RockCrok, or whatever you might want to demo.But I agree...keep it a short demo. If you can do interactive....do it. Even if there are only 4 steps, you can get 4 volunteers. Give them tickets or a small gift for helping. Have a game too.....Queen of Shoppers is an easy one, or something easy. I don't know if there is one for this season or not. I've had a couple shows with lots of guests, and these are great interactive and fun games when they start getting into it. (just keep it a quick game...not long and complicated).Those are just a few things I recall doing with LARGe shows, and they worked well. After that, just keep it short and sweet, and mingle with the crowd.

The most important thing to remember is that the larger the show the more likely it is that many of them will be talking to one another and paying little attention to you. Don't let this throw you. Do your demo for those who are paying attention. Those who are talking are having fun, and you'll get the credit for the fun they're having.

1. How many people should I invite to a party on a larger scale?

It's recommended to invite at least 25-30 people to a party on a larger scale. This will ensure a good turnout and allow for a variety of guests to attend.

2. What type of menu should I plan for a larger scale party?

For a larger party, it's best to offer a variety of food options to accommodate different dietary restrictions and preferences. Consider including appetizers, main dishes, sides, and desserts to ensure all guests have something to enjoy.

3. How far in advance should I start planning for a party on a larger scale?

It's recommended to start planning for a party on a larger scale at least 4-6 weeks in advance. This will give you enough time to send out invitations, gather RSVPs, and make any necessary arrangements.

4. What are some budget-friendly ideas for a larger scale party?

To keep costs down for a larger party, consider potluck-style meals where guests can bring a dish to share. You can also opt for simple decorations and DIY activities to add a personal touch without breaking the bank.

5. How can I ensure a smooth flow of activities during a larger scale party?

To keep the party running smoothly, create a schedule or timeline for the event and make sure to communicate it with guests. This will help keep everyone on track and ensure all planned activities and food are enjoyed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Halle-Doodle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
Rosechef