• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Throwing a Party: Tips for Managing 25 Guests

In summary, if you are having a party with over 25 people, do an interactive show. It is much more beneficial to your guests than an non-interactive show.
KivaSlade
Hi! I am new here but have found lots of great information.

I have a show on Saturday with my SIL and she already has 25 confirmed guests....I have not done a party so large - are there any tips that anyone can share on managing a crowd of that size yet remaining interactive.

I do know that a few of the guests are quite familiar with PC...

Thanks!!

You could put a 1 on some name tags and 2 on the others...Have an amazing race kinda thing where Team 1 work on something and Team 2 work on another....?

Maybe set up stations for guests to prep ingredients, that way they all get hands on time with the products

I too might be having a lg attendence at a party in april becuse the host had asked if i am ready for a crowd with 40-60- people there. but than again not all will come. she is hanging up sign up flyers in her town where she knows a lot of people and also sending invites too. have not goten the list yet but she lives 2 hours away. so any pointers?

I've found that you are better off doing an non-interactive and quick demo with so many people. Keep in mind, you have to make time for a full service check-out with everyone!

One of the things I do at all my shows is have them introduce themselves and (most importantly) tell everyone about their favorite product. When I explain that we are going to do introductions, I tell them to please locate their favorite product in the catalog. This way they can get the other guests on the right page and talk about what they like. Your guests are SO much better at selling to each other than you are. Use this resource!

If you do this with a large group, that's going to take up most of your time. If there's time, pass around a few of the new things. Be sure to use your booking slide or whatever tool you use to explain the benefits of booking a show.

my hosy is counting on the interactive show format.

milkangel said:
my host is counting on the interactive show format.

Maybe she is counting on that, but if you decide it will not be best for the situation, you can advise her. You’re the Consultant and that makes you the expert.

I do the fully interactive shows. I let my hosts choose how many recipes they want (since they purchase the ingredients). With 20 or so people, they normally opt for 3 recipes. I then send them a list of ideas (things I have the tools to make!) and beside each recipe I list the stone used and the cooking method. So they can't choose 2 recipes with the DCB or 2 recipes that take 30 min's in the microwave, etc. It always works out really well! They chose different tools & different cooking methods. When the show begins, I introduce myself, tell them that I do the fully interactive cooking shows which means that THEY make the recipes today. "My theory is if you can't go home & repeat what was done here today, what's the point of coming?" (They always nod in agreement!) I then introduce the recipes that we are going to make, invite them to come wash their hands so that we can get started AND emphasize that the first ones to the work stations get to choose which recipe they want to do! Some of the women will literally jump from their seats to wash their hands so that they can work on a certain recipe. They are pretty good about breaking down into equal groups. If I see only one person working on something, I'll ask if anyone's willing to come help. Someone always does. During lag times (while one is in the microwave or oven) they tend to get curious & go see what the other groups are doing. Occasionally a group will work back to their seats, but normally they are still up and curious about what's happening at the other work stations. I've done shows with 2-3 guests and shows with 20-22 guests. I've done 12 cooking shows in 2010. The lowest was $300.10 (she didn't do the online invitations, waited until the week before the show to send out regular invites & I later heard that she told them that they didn't have to buy anything, just come & have fun! :eek:) and my highest was $1,537.50. 5 have been over $1,000, so my 2010 Cooking Show Average right now is $888.59. ;) The interactive shows work REALLY well for me. They do take longer, but I always have them thanking me on their way out the door & telling me how much fun it was to actually make the recipe. :D

My recruit just called me to tell me about a large show she did Wednesday night. She said that she put a different tool on each table and had the guests kind of go from station to station and try out the tools (she used the mandoline, chopper, and I'm not sure what else..). She then did a quick demo and played a game where she talked about the biz. The show is up to $1500 in sales (still waiting on outside orders) and she is meeting with two ladies on Sunday about starting their own businesses. I think the interactive show is awesome, even in a large group!

I'm like Sheila...I tell them I want to be sure they can make the recipes when they get home, and that I know how great my toys are so everyone will be helping prepare the recipes so they can have a chance to see how awesome my tools are. Again, like Sheila... For a crowd that large, make 2 to 3 recipes (make 1 a trifle). Set up posts for the recipes with ingredients and products in workstations. Welcome everyone and do a quick intro. Have everyone split up and gather around. One person for each recipe will have a recipe reader. Let everyone have a great time as they prepare the recipes. You'll walk around and highlight the benefits of the tools being used and sprinkle booking and recruiting lines as you go.

Morgan032032 said:
My recruit just called me to tell me about a large show she did Wednesday night. She said that she put a different tool on each table and had the guests kind of go from station to station and try out the tools (she used the mandoline, chopper, and I'm not sure what else..). She then did a quick demo and played a game where she talked about the biz. The show is up to $1500 in sales (still waiting on outside orders) and she is meeting with two ladies on Sunday about starting their own businesses. I think the interactive show is awesome, even in a large group!

Love it! Make a BINGO game out of it! Print up little cards (2 or 4 to a sheet of paper) with each work station on it (all identical). When they visit the tool & do the task, they can mark it off. When they complete their card, they can turn it into you for a free Season's Best! :D

sheila,
i love the Bingo game idea, i have a host next Friday who wants to play games. can you describe the design of the card, it sounds like you have different tools and tasks in the squares, is that correct?
thanks,
Loretta

I love your idea Sheila! I actually made a bingo card once that has products and other topics on it. There are 20 different cards (just placement is different, all the same stuff) that I use and people can mark it off when the topic/product name comes up. First to have 5 in a row horizontal, vertical, or diagonal wins.
I'll attach one of them.

Attachments

• bingo2.jpg
    bingo2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 527
Thank you Shelby. This is terrific. I just Googled Bingo templates and found a 5x5 one that I filled in with the tools and ingredients for the Taco Ring and a second one that has the tools and ingredients for the Molten Lava Cake (DCB) and Easy Salsa recipes. My thought was to make up 2 stations one for the Taco Ring and one for the Cake/Salsa (same station) but I'm not sure how to utilize them. Am I trying to do too much??? HELP any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I just had a show with 23 guests. I brought a friend who would help me add up orders (now I'm setting up a recruiting interview with her!) I made two recipes. I took four bags and stocked them with the tools for each step of the recipe. I retyped each step in large, bold print and slipped each page into a page protector and put those in each corresponding bag. When I got to the party, I set each bag on a cutting board and set the ingredients next to it. After introductions, I just asked them to get into groups of 4 or 5 and choose a bag. They had a great time! It made things go much faster. During lulls, they checked out what the others were doing. I had two DCBs and we prepared two recipes at once along with the Garlic-Parmesan Bites (I had one baking in the oven when guests arrived so that they could smell it as they entered). I had them go over their catalogs after all the work was done. The show closed at over $1600. I had guests calling ME to add to their orders in the days that followed. I got 3 bookings and a wedding registry. Having someone to help process the orders was key. I also brought my laptop and used P3 right there to make it go faster. I didn't want people to be waiting all night for their totals. One more thing... I told guests I wanted them to enjoy themselves instead of standing in line. I invited them to set their orders in a pile next to me. I would draw from the bottom of the pile as I went and call their names when i was ready to process each person.
good luck!

Here is the Bingo Game I do at my parties and the guests have a blast. Depending on how many show up and how many prizes I have, determines how many winners I will allow for the game. Usually I will allow 2...after the first winner yells BINGO I tell the rest to hold on we will go until we have another winner.

After the game I tell them that if any guest purchases 4 items on their bingo board I will throw in a free Season's Best or 1/2 shipping.

I cut out each Bingo Board and let guests choose one. All of the products that I mention in the game are products I have on display.

Attachments

• Bingo Game.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 728
  • bingo sheets.doc
    154.5 KB · Views: 554
I love this idea with the bingo game. Now do you do this all at once or during the show? I have a big crowd party coming up soon and I would love to do this at her show.

I usually have half of my food demo already prepared before I get to the hostess' house...like the cornbread bake, I do everything except the cornbread topping...that is what I prepare in front of the guests and pop it in the microwave...while it is cooking I do the bingo game. I tell the guests that I will only read it once so if they don't hear what I am reading they either miss it or ask one of the other guests. It usually doesn't take long to get through this game. I stand near my products so as I get to each product I will either hold it up so all can see or point to it. The guests really seem to like this. Let me know how it goes for you!

1. How can I ensure that all 25 guests are comfortable and engaged during the party?

One tip for managing a larger group is to have designated areas for different activities, such as a cooking station, a snacking area, and a mingling space. This will allow guests to move around and feel more comfortable. Additionally, make sure to introduce guests to each other and encourage conversation to keep everyone engaged.

2. What is the best way to handle RSVPs and keep track of the number of guests attending?

The best way to handle RSVPs is to send out invitations with a clear RSVP deadline and request that guests respond through a specific method, such as email or phone. This will make it easier for you to keep track of the number of guests attending and plan accordingly.

3. How much food and drinks should I prepare for a party with 25 guests?

A good rule of thumb is to plan for each guest to have around 4-6 bites of food per hour. For drinks, plan for each guest to have 2-3 drinks per hour. Keep in mind any dietary restrictions or preferences of your guests and plan accordingly.

4. What are some tips for setting up the party space to accommodate 25 guests?

First, make sure to have enough seating for all guests, including some extra chairs in case more guests show up than expected. Consider using disposable plates and utensils to make clean up easier. Also, have designated areas for food and drinks, and make sure there is enough space for guests to move around comfortably.

5. How can I make the party fun and interactive for all 25 guests?

One way to make the party more interactive is to have a fun activity planned, such as a cooking demo or a game. This will encourage guests to participate and engage with each other. You can also ask guests to bring a dish to share, which will add variety to the food selection and get everyone involved in the party planning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tys1031
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cookingwithdawn
  • krahema
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
krahema
  • pcheftammy