• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Large Bar Pan Cracked in Oven - Troubleshooting Tips for Customers

In summary, the customer's large bar pan broke under the broiler and she is considering what to do. Solution Center has determined that the pan is no longer covered by the warranty and she will need to purchase a new one.
pampchef.angel
Have a customer who purchased the large bar pan back in Sept. 08 and tonight it cracked in the oven under the broiler...what can I do for her?

Hate to say it, but stoneware isn't supposed to be put under the broiler...

Totally what I was afraid of...thanks anyway!

Not sure if we're supposed to use the stones in the broiler...

You need to do a product adjustment....was it bought with you? If so, then you simply process the adjustment online....if not, you'll need to call Solution Center and have them submit the adjustment.

Is it a good customer? Did she really tell you it was under the broiler? What do you think you should do?

She's a friend of my sister in law and she hasn't approached me about it yet - I actually just saw her post on Facebook and thought I'd do some research to see if I could offer anything for her, and also thought it would be able to have an offer like that seen on Facebook...I trust that she really did.

:angel: Ask her to buy a new one?

Michelle's got the right idea....contact and let her know you're sorry to hear about her stone. Let her know that she can contact HO, and provide her the number. Then send her your website, if it's up and running, or offer to submit her order with a show you're closing...it'll save her on s&h costs.

If you replace it and she sees what a great service you give to your customers, she might order another size to thank you or maybe have a party..... play it smart!!!!

But if it cracked under the broiler, the warranty has been voided.

But I agree, you can ask her if she wants to buy a new one!

Cases like this, where I know the guarantee has been voided, I have the customer deal with HO. Give them the number to customer service and have them call. Then, if the customer decides to withhold info (or give HO misleading info) about how it broke, that's their decision alone and you aren't party to it.Never, never, never pay for all of a replacement yourself. HO has determined appropriate guarantee periods for the products, and have indicated how to take care of them with the use and care. Why should you have to spend your own money to replace it? If, however, it's a good customer, you can offer a small discount (10%) on a replacement. Or see if you can book a show with them so they can replace it for free with their host benefits.

I agree with CheffAnn. Don't replace the product for her (I know she hasn't asked), but don't offer. If people can't read the use & Care guide, it's not your responsibility. There isn't so much information in those U&Gs that it's not manageable for an adult to RTFM :D. Anything less, and they risk voiding the warranty....But if you offer her a discount- that could give a good customer service halo over your head. :angel: and she may come back.I've got several upcoming-hosts who have had products broken/mangled, etc and they are past the warranty. I didn't make any indication of being able to help them once they realized it was past their warranty, but they are hosting a show (because I said..."You can host a show and get those products and more for free or discount though!) and they are :thumbup:

esavvymom said:
I've got several upcoming-hosts who have had products broken/mangled, etc and they are past the warranty. I didn't make any indication of being able to help them once they realized it was past their warranty, but they are hosting a show (because I said..."You can host a show and get those products and more for free or discount though!) and they are :thumbup:

I have someone who hosts a show everytime she (or her kids) break something. She has done 3 shows in the past 1 1/2 years. I love wild kids....as long as they are not mine! lol

wow I've never known that stones can't go under the broiler! yikes.. guess I should read the use and care better..:eek::blushing: I've had stones for years... guess I'll stop putting them under the broiler! good luck, sounds like this could turn into a customer possibly.

1. Why did my Large Bar Pan crack in the oven?

There could be several reasons why your Large Bar Pan cracked in the oven. It could be due to sudden temperature changes, placing a hot pan on a cold surface, or using metal utensils on the pan. It could also be a defect in the pan itself.

2. Can I still use my Large Bar Pan if it has a crack?

We do not recommend using a cracked Large Bar Pan as it can affect the cooking process and potentially lead to further damage. It is best to replace the pan to ensure safe and optimal cooking results.

3. How can I prevent my Large Bar Pan from cracking in the oven?

To prevent your Large Bar Pan from cracking in the oven, make sure to follow the care and use instructions provided with the pan. Avoid sudden temperature changes and do not place a hot pan on a cold surface. Use only non-metal utensils and never cut or chop food directly on the pan.

4. Can I get a replacement for my cracked Large Bar Pan?

If your Large Bar Pan cracked in the oven due to a defect, you may be eligible for a replacement. Please contact our customer service team for assistance and provide proof of purchase.

5. Is the warranty for the Large Bar Pan cover cracking in the oven?

Our warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship, but it does not cover damage caused by misuse or accidents. If your Large Bar Pan cracked in the oven due to a defect, it may be covered under warranty. Please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • heidabear
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • kam