1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Large Bar Pan CRACKED

1. pampchef.angel

pampchef.angel Member

Have a customer who purchased the large bar pan back in Sept. 08 and tonight it cracked in the oven under the broiler...what can I do for her?

2. sklay723

sklay723 Advanced Member Gold Member

Hate to say it, but stoneware isn't supposed to be put under the broiler...

May 18, 2009
  3. pampchef.angel

pampchef.angel Member

Totally what I was afraid of...thanks anyway!

4. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Not sure if we're supposed to use the stones in the broiler...

You need to do a product adjustment....was it bought with you? If so, then you simply process the adjustment online....if not, you'll need to call Solution Center and have them submit the adjustment.

5. Chef Gilles

Chef Gilles Member Gold Member

Is it a good customer? Did she really tell you it was under the broiler? What do you think you should do?

May 18, 2009
  6. pampchef.angel

pampchef.angel Member

She's a friend of my sister in law and she hasn't approached me about it yet - I actually just saw her post on Facebook and thought I'd do some research to see if I could offer anything for her, and also thought it would be able to have an offer like that seen on Facebook...I trust that she really did.

7. :angel: Ask her to buy a new one?

8. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Michelle's got the right idea....contact and let her know you're sorry to hear about her stone. Let her know that she can contact HO, and provide her the number. Then send her your website, if it's up and running, or offer to submit her order with a show you're closing...it'll save her on s&h costs.

9. Chef Gilles

Chef Gilles Member Gold Member

If you replace it and she sees what a great service you give to your customers, she might order another size to thank you or maybe have a party..... play it smart!!!!

May 18, 2009
  10. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

But if it cracked under the broiler, the warranty has been voided.

But I agree, you can ask her if she wants to buy a new one!

May 18, 2009
  11. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Cases like this, where I know the guarantee has been voided, I have the customer deal with HO. Give them the number to customer service and have them call. Then, if the customer decides to withhold info (or give HO misleading info) about how it broke, that's their decision alone and you aren't party to it.

Never, never, never pay for all of a replacement yourself. HO has determined appropriate guarantee periods for the products, and have indicated how to take care of them with the use and care. Why should you have to spend your own money to replace it? If, however, it's a good customer, you can offer a small discount (10%) on a replacement. Or see if you can book a show with them so they can replace it for free with their host benefits.

May 18, 2009
  12. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I agree with CheffAnn. Don't replace the product for her (I know she hasn't asked), but don't offer. If people can't read the use & Care guide, it's not your responsibility. There isn't so much information in those U&Gs that it's not manageable for an adult to RTFM :D. Anything less, and they risk voiding the warranty....

But if you offer her a discount- that could give a good customer service halo over your head. :angel: and she may come back.

I've got several upcoming-hosts who have had products broken/mangled, etc and they are past the warranty. I didn't make any indication of being able to help them once they realized it was past their warranty, but they are hosting a show (because I said..."You can host a show and get those products and more for free or discount though!) and they are :thumbup:

May 19, 2009
  13. starrmarie

starrmarie Member

I have someone who hosts a show everytime she (or her kids) break something. She has done 3 shows in the past 1 1/2 years. I love wild kids....as long as they are not mine! lol

May 19, 2009
  14. Jess_K

Jess_K Member

wow I've never known that stones can't go under the broiler! yikes.. guess I should read the use and care better..:eek::blushing: I've had stones for years... guess I'll stop putting them under the broiler! good luck, sounds like this could turn into a customer possibly.

May 21, 2009
Have something to add?