1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Large Bamboo Platter

1. smstrks

smstrks Member

Is the large bamboo platter covered for possible 'marking up'? Mine got a little marked up over the weekend and I just got it on Friday.

Thanks,
    Stephanie

May 18, 2009
  2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Do you mean it got stained?

3. smstrks

smstrks Member

nope...not stained....almost like something rubbed it. It has some non removeable white scuff looking marks on it.

May 18, 2009
  4. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

mine have scuff marks on them already- they just must be sensitive, which is disapointing.

May 19, 2009
  5. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

I received the bamboo knife block and it had a scuff mark on it and we had just taken it out of the box. It was really visible when the light would reflect on the spot. It almost looked like someone took a piece of steel wool and rubbed on it. We returned it and got a new one.

May 19, 2009
  6. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

I specifically told my host NOT to cut bread on my bamboo platter, but her sister got a hold of it and sliced a whole loaf of french bread on it - it's ruined!! I was wondering if I could return mine, too, since I just got it in March and it was damaged at a show - any thoughts?? I guess I should just call...

May 19, 2009
  7. meganmcg

meganmcg Member

Has anyone tried using an oil that is sold for bamboo cutting boards? My platter has scuff marks as well but I haven't bought any of the oil to try yet. Thought maybe it would pretty it up some.

May 19, 2009
  8. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

:eek::eek::eek:

May 19, 2009
  9. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Just do an online adjustment and you will get it replaced.

May 19, 2009
  10. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Though do remember that you will be returning the platter, and that it may be fairly obvious the damage came from misuse, thus voiding the warranty.

11. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

Use and Care for Bamboo Platters

1. Wash prior to first use; hand wash only. Towel dry immediately. Do not soak in water, bleach or dishwash.
    2. Subtle color and shape variations may occur due to natural variations in bamboo and the handcrafting process.
    3. Store platter away from heat.
    4. Not intended for use with candles.
    5. Do not use sharp or serrated knives on surface, as it may cause surface scratching.
    6. Turmeric-based ground spices, such as yellow curry, may discolor tray.
    7. For stubborn food odors, use a baking soda paste. Mix 1/2-cup (125 mL) baking soda with 3 tablespoons (45 mL) water. Apply paste to platter and let sit for 15 minutes.
    Rinse and towel dry immediately.
    8. Three-year guarantee for noncommercial use. Refer to sales receipt for details.

12. cathyskitchen

I know the use and care guidelines, but *I* wasn't the one who did it - a customer did at one of my shows. I always thought we were covered on our products that we use at shows if they get damaged at a show. I've returned other things that were damaged by a host or guest (broken Simple Additions, broken wine bottle opener, etc.) and had them replaced, so I'm not sure why I wouldn't be able to get this replaced, too. It's the same idea. And, if they want me to sell it, I need to bring a nice one that doesn't have cut marks in it!!! :eek:

13. JMT

JMT Member

I had a customer drop my bamboo bowl from sell a thon and broke it...I called and the lady was very nice about doing an adjustment and did the free fed ex pick up since it happened at a show and by a customer. Hope you can get yours replaced without any trouble :)

May 19, 2009
  14. KimoMakano

KimoMakano Member Gold Member

Goodness! Sounds like you have a lot of damage at your shows!

May 20, 2009
  15. Jolie_Paradoxe

That's good to know...I didn't even know we had this clause (I'm new, only 90 days in)....if this has happened before, and they allow it, then I don't see why you couldn't....let me know what the result is. Thanks for the tip, and please don't think I thought *YOU* didn't know the use and care guidelines....I was just trying to point out that the return dept would notice the damage. If *YOU* know that HO will replaced damaged items, then what exactly is the question....I must have misinterpreted that you weren't sure it *WOULD* be replaced....

16. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

there is no official clause, but most solution center reps I've talked to have been more than happy to replace things that were damaged at shows as long as they are still within the guarantee period.

I had a host wash my dishes using one of those green abrasive scrubbies before--my food chopper, my easy read measuring cups, etc, were all scratched up. When I called the Solution Center to see if there was anything they could do, they replaced all the items that were still in the guarantee period. I had to buy a new Measure All Cup and that was it. :)

May 20, 2009
  17. cathyskitchen

When you have an average of 13 - 15 people at each show, it's hard to keep track of all of your products at every moment. I've been doing this for 6 years, and the percent of times I've had something damaged is small, but since I've had over 250 shows, it's bound to happen occasionally. I wouldn't say "I have a lot of damage at my shows", I'd just say I've had a lot of shows with a lot of people in attendance, and it increased the chances of these things happening.

18. Jolie_Paradoxe

Nice!!! You girls are such a great resource for us! Thank you....everytime I log on, it's like a new gem is discovered....I love it! :thumbup:

19. tlag1986

tlag1986 Veteran Member Gold Member

This is great to know.

May 20, 2009
Have something to add?