• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Sales with Customized Lapboards: Real Life Testimonials and Tips

In summary, clip boards are a great way to present your information and have a professional look. They are quick and easy to use and do not add too much weight to your kit.
prissylovescooking
Silver Member
I know there's a few posts on this question; however, they are from years ago and I would like some current opinions on this. A couple of weeks ago I went to a Thirty-One show for one of my past hosts and the consultant used clipboards that had an order form, catalog, monthly special and a business card. She had also attached a cute ribbon with a pen on it (hot glued it), which I thought was awesome!

I'm a sucker for cute things and I thought this was an awesome idea. It was quick and easy. I didn't have to worry about writing on top of my bag or finding a hard table to write on (it was held in the living room). I loved it. :love:

I've decided to purchase a few clip boards and make my own to see how it works for my shows. I would like to know how many of you use them and if so how do you present yours? How does it affect your sales?

I don't use them anymore - they add too much weight to my kit. I just give them a catalog and receipt.

I never used the lap boards but did use clear menus I got at Sams. Then I could put specials and info in between the clear plastic. And a catalog and order form inside. I loved the way these looked but they just were too heavy. I held out for 2 1/2 years. Now it's just a catalog and order form for me too.

Heavy? Yes, but I've been using them for years. (probably the past 8 or 9) I love that I can present my information in a professional and organized way -- comments from my customers are positive. As you said, there is a place to fill out their order form and I have the flip side where I insert a flyer (thank you KAM) that outlines the specials that I want to highlight. I understand why people don't want to use them, but I'll be carrying them for awhile longer.

I use the roll cart & my consultant bag sits on top so the weight's not a big deal for me. 1 trip in, 1 trip out. I love them! It gives a hard writing surface which means I can read the 2nd copy easier. I just sold all my older ones since I bought more of the newer maroon ones from Merrill. They have a pocket on the back for a specials flyer or (what I have in there right now) a recruiting flyer, a pen holder, a pocket on the front for the catalog & order form (I also have a wish list on there) and a pocket for my business card (which some people do take). I know a lot of consultants are using the front & back cover of a 3 ring binder ... just cutting off the 3 ring part. And I've seen the cutest photos of people using that decorative duct tape and binding the cut edge with that to "pretty" it up a bit. I hear those are much lighter, but I'm happy with what I have & will continue to use them. ;)

Thank you all! Yes my concern was how "heavy" it would be, but I think I will try them for a bit and see how it works for me. :p

I got some REALLY light weight ones at the 100 Yen store (in Japan, equivalent to a $1 store here in the US) and used them until I could get logo ones. They worked fine, but I bought the older white ones off a consultant going out of business and started using them, then invested in the maroon ones because I needed more & sold my white ones.

I have a bunch of black ones and white ones (both PC) and I keep thinking I may use them again but when it's time to pack for a party I don't want to add them to my bag - I'd rather bring an extra product...I use clip boards at fairs so I really should switch them out for the lapboads. I use my rolling crate only at fairs - too many stairs, gravel driveways and snow to try to maneuver that thing around for parties. I ended up carrying it too much of the time and that thing is heavy too. lol

SheilaI was looking at the rolling cart and was wondering if it was worth the investment. I carry my black bag, a paperwork tote and my dirty dish bin, some times another bag (pink products, etc.) It would be nice to have less to appear to bring in and not have to lug that black bag over my shoulder. Oh I carry my laptop case too. lol
Sheila said:
I use the roll cart & my consultant bag sits on top so the weight's not a big deal for me. 1 trip in, 1 trip out. I love them! It gives a hard writing surface which means I can read the 2nd copy easier. I just sold all my older ones since I bought more of the newer maroon ones from Merrill. They have a pocket on the back for a specials flyer or (what I have in there right now) a recruiting flyer, a pen holder, a pocket on the front for the catalog & order form (I also have a wish list on there) and a pocket for my business card (which some people do take). I know a lot of consultants are using the front & back cover of a 3 ring binder ... just cutting off the 3 ring part. And I've seen the cutest photos of people using that decorative duct tape and binding the cut edge with that to "pretty" it up a bit. I hear those are much lighter, but I'm happy with what I have & will continue to use them. ;)

For guest packets I have folders I like. No brads on the inside and not paper folders because they get destroyed. In them I put a catalog, order form, business card, discover us and Spice of the Month Club brochure (something of mine) and then I pass out pens. I love the idea of lap boards, but haven't wanted to spend the money.

Please add your Spice of the Month flyer to our files. I'd love to know more about it.

It's not a flyer. It's a full color brochure that my friend and I spent months and lots of money on. I actually sell them to other consultants for $25 for a bundle of 50. I can ship them where ever. The prices are set and cover shipping, but we don't have sales or food tax, so there is that to consider on where it would work in other states. I think I figured out how to show a screenshot. SOTM Club Brochure Inside.jpg SOTM Club Brochure Outside.jpg

what is a lapboard and where would i get them. I am trying to figure out what they look like. thanks

Ace Hardware had them for a $1.00 and then later for .50 cents. They are lightweight and inexpensive looking but I though I would try them before I bought the ones from Merrill. When I use folders, people would take them home.

meant *thought*

I love lapboards I have been using them they are not that heavy. They are just binders that I cut into lapboards but, I put stickers on them and I also list my info. The only issue I have is people leaving with the boards. Luckily they weren't expensive. I usually when setting up place a catalog, business brochure, and order form in the board and place them where the guests will be sitting. I also place a pen in the pocket.

1. Are lapboards necessary for cooking with Pampered Chef products?

No, lapboards are not necessary for cooking with Pampered Chef products. They can be helpful for organization and convenience, but they are not essential for using our products.

2. What materials are lapboards made of?

Our lapboards are made of high-quality, durable plastic that is easy to clean and can withstand the heat of the kitchen.

3. Can lapboards be used for other purposes besides cooking?

Yes, lapboards can also be used for crafting, writing, or any other activity that requires a sturdy surface.

4. How do I clean and maintain my lapboard?

To clean your lapboard, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth or sponge and dry it with a towel. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges that could damage the surface.

5. Are there different sizes or styles of lapboards available?

Yes, we offer lapboards in various sizes and styles to suit your specific needs. From small individual lapboards to larger ones that can accommodate multiple people, we have a lapboard for every situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Laura
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies