• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lap Board Flyers: What's on Your Back?

Next month's host special - printed b/w on colored paper. For those of you who have lap boards that can insert flyers on the back. What flyers are you currently using?I put the host flyer from HO (the one with the half-price combo's on it) and direct people to turn over their lap boards and see which half price combo they would pick when they have their show.I put the host special for the month that I want to fill on the back. Right now I have December in there since I am full through November.Wendy- so you print them in color, or B&W? I want to do this, but it seems like a waste to print 12 in color every
bbauman07
Gold Member
For those of you who have lap boards that can insert flyers on the back. What flyers are you currently using?

I put the host flyer from HO (the one with the half-price combo's on it) and direct people to turn over their lap boards and see which half price combo they would pick when they have their show.

I put the host special for the month that I want to fill on the back. Right now I have December in there since I am full through November.

Wendy- so you print them in color, or B&W? I want to do this, but it seems like a waste to print 12 in color every month. I don't know if B&W would catch as many eyes though!!

I used to do the monthly specials but I'm looking for something more permanent. I printed off the 8 reasons to host a show flyer for now.

I always put the guest special in mine and print them b&w on colored paper. The colored paper catches the eye and I instruct them to turn the lapboard over for the special.
I really like the idea of something more permanent though. I'll have to be on the look out for something. Thanks for the idea.

Thanks Stacy! I am going to try and print the upcoming months host specials on colored paper to see what it looks like!

gilliandanielle said:
Thanks Stacy! I am going to try and print the upcoming months host specials on colored paper to see what it looks like!

You're so welcome, sometimes I feel like I don't contribute anything to this site, it's nice to see somebody listens every once and awhile.

I have gotten away from lap boards (just too heavy to carry), but when I used them, I had a variety of fliers:

• Host Benefits Flier
  • Recruiting Info (current promotion)
  • Current guest special - printed b/w on colored paper
  • Next month's host special - printed b/w on colored paper
Each one was on 2-3 boards, and I would stack them so there would be one of each on the top of the pile. Then I just had to change out the monthlies, and it gave me a reminder to talk about the other fliers when people asked about them.

In the backs of my lapboard I have recruiting info, as for the special of the month, I print out 1 and put it in to 1 lapboard. When the lapboards get handed out and at some point during the show, I ask who has my red flyer, they have a special job, they have to read the special to everyone. I sometimes get the person to read it a few times if they are receptive =)

Where do you get the lapboards?

Merrill has them.

Here is the flyer I use on the back of my board

Attachments

• Lap Board Art.pdf
    148.2 KB · Views: 596
What a fantastic flyer Mandy. Thanks for sharing.

Mandy very nice thank you for sharing.

Karen,
I just bought white 3 ring binders at Walmart an cut the middle section out, each binder makes 2 boards. Then I purchased some pc sticker and put them on the front. I have had lots of compliments on them.

Karen~

I have made my own lapboards out of 3 ring binders as well. Much cheaper!

I also keep the host benefits flyer (ER57) on the back. That way, I can show them what an average host gets for doing a show with me. I just tell them to flip over their lapboard when I am talking about that.

HTH

Mandy,
Darling flyer!!! I know this sounds weird, but what font did you use for the titles? I am a font FREAK!

MandyK said:
Merrill has them.

Here is the flyer I use on the back of my board

Mandy this is such a great flyer - thanks for sharing. Your choice of pix are wonderful and fun...

However, I don't do or know all of what you are describing for your theme shows. I'm wondering if our "ole" pal Tasha could convert this to WORD format so we could manipulate teh text.....

TIA Tasha ;)

Bumping this up.... Anyone able to convert this to Word or Publisher, by any chance??

lap board art remakethis is a close as I could come. I couldn't find the exact fonts that were used so I had to change them just a little, hope this helps.

Flora:)

Attachments

• Lap Board Art in word.doc
    169 KB · Views: 484
WahoooooooooooThanks for the conversion Flora :D

Thanks Flora!!
-Sue :)

Great job with the conversion Flora thanks.

Sorry gang for not being around much. I'm having computer problems combined with an out of town guest so I won't be around much this week.

Thanks Mandy.. those look great, where did you find the clipart? i love the last one! great job and thanks again~tiffany p

Right now I have the theme shows I offer & host benefits info on the back of my lap boards. I have the host benefits flyer from paperwork/supply inside the lap boards, in front of the catalogs & order forms.

I was thinking of putting a half sheet of the current month's guest special on the top & a half sheet of the next month's host special on the bottom, but I can't figure out how to make the flyers from CC into a half sheet while keeping them readable. I know I've seen some people do that on here. Does anyone know how? Is there a way to get the guest special at the top & host special at the bottom, or do I have to have them side by side?

pamperedgirl3 said:
Right now I have the theme shows I offer & host benefits info on the back of my lap boards. I have the host benefits flyer from paperwork/supply inside the lap boards, in front of the catalogs & order forms.

I was thinking of putting a half sheet of the current month's guest special on the top & a half sheet of the next month's host special on the bottom, but I can't figure out how to make the flyers from CC into a half sheet while keeping them readable. I know I've seen some people do that on here. Does anyone know how? Is there a way to get the guest special at the top & host special at the bottom, or do I have to have them side by side?

Does anyone know how to put the specials on a half page one on top of the other, not side by side? Thanks!!

If you have thrift stores around, they are cheaper there. I've paid as little at 15 cents for binders and you get two lap boards from it.

The font is Marydale (the one PC uses!) and the pics come from Microsoft -- they are free so look for them!

I work in a graphics program Quark -- so the only way can post them is as a pdf -- sorry!

Wow, I have not used quark in years. PDF is fine since I'm able to convert them for others. Keep posting these great flyers. Thanks.

MandyK said:
The font is Marydale (the one PC uses!) and the pics come from Microsoft -- they are free so look for them!

I work in a graphics program Quark -- so the only way can post them is as a pdf -- sorry!

Thanks for the Marydale font....I was wondering what PC used. But, the one you used on the above flyer is more of a cursive font. What is that one called? :)

I have a flyer with gift package ideas. I made it myself but later saw it very similar posted on here. It has each package offered at a Deluxe price, Ultimate Price, etc. The idea is to get them to order off the "Extra Value Menu" the way you do at Mcdonalds. Easy ordering.

Could someone please revise the awesome flyer to reflect our current kit price?

The font I used is Black Jack. Here is the new flyer as I am using it -- no kit price I thouhgt it might be too much info? If anyone wants the kit pricing on it, let me know and I'll update it.

Attachments

• Lap Board Art revised.pdf
    158.5 KB · Views: 488
pamperedgirl3 said:

I have a flyer that i produce for my cluster and upline as well that is top and bottom not side by side. Help yourself if you like it!!

Attachments

• Host Flyer -April07.doc
    465 KB · Views: 370
  • Host Flyer -May07.doc
    571.5 KB · Views: 376
  • Host Flyer-Jun07.doc
    534 KB · Views: 311
MandyK said:
The font I used is Black Jack. Here is the new flyer as I am using it -- no kit price I thouhgt it might be too much info? If anyone wants the kit pricing on it, let me know and I'll update it.

How cute!!

I've been putting in the flyers for becoming a Team Leader for my HWC fundraiser. Then when I talk about it, I instruct everyone to turn over their lapboard.

Here is a copy of the newsletter that I email to my customers and hosts. I snail mail if they ask. I would probably just do the 1st page for the lap board.

Attachments

• Pampered Chef April Newsletter.doc
    1.4 MB · Views: 355
AldeaY said:
I have a flyer that i produce for my cluster and upline as well that is top and bottom not side by side. Help yourself if you like it!!

Thanks! These look great!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef_OK_LA_MS
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
Sallie_M
  • heather223
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
Jess_K