• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Laptop Shopping for Craft Show Business

In summary, Lap tops are a great way to keep track of orders and guests at shows. They are also a good way to save on copy receipts. Costco is a good place to buy them because the prices are good and the quality is good.
pkd09
Silver Member
I am thinking about purchasing a lap top to take to shows to input orders. This way I would use the OOF for guests and print up a receipt for them when I get home. No more (3) copy receipts. Also, no more addition errors, etc. I have no experience with them and was hoping for input from others who have them/use them for shows. What kind do you have?

i love my dell lap top i have also had a toshiba (sp??) and loved that one too.

My mother and husband both have compaq's they have had no problems at all. My husband is a truck driver, and takes his with him all week. He uses the gps program, to help him with directions (companies never give good ones). So his has been "used and abused" in his truck for 2 years now. We got them at officemax. No problems at all.

Check out Costco that is where I have bought for last 3 laptops and last 3 computers. They are great, and the price is nice. (I buy a new computer every few years and pass on my old one to another family memeber.)

I Love mine!!!I love my lap top. I just got mine a few months ago and it's made everything much easier. I think it's a lot cheaper using the pp receipts rather than the pull apart ones.

I had a laptop that I was using for something else, and I find that it is so much easier for PC stuff. This also keeps it separate from everything that we have going on with the Family PC.

I purchased my from ebay. I have had no problems with it and didn't want to shell out the cash for one since I already had a really great desktop. I paid less than $500 for a Gateway Centrino that we just love. We are now wireless and lovin it! Check out some of the auctions on ebay.

Thank youThank you all for your input..I will be scanning the ads.

I got mine at Circuit City and they had a $250 rebate...so it cost me about $450 which was a great deal for what I got. If you watch the Sunday newspaper ads they have them cheap but what they don't tell you is they only get 5 or 10 in at a time so you have to be right there when the store opens.

DellI love my Dell! :) It makes the shows sooo much easier.

I Love My LaptopI got mine from Wal-Mart to start, no troubles so far!

If you don't have all the money for a laptop upfront... HSN (Home Shopping Network) is an absolutely FABULOUS place to get one! On most of their computers/laptops (Gateway), they have 4 & 5 month payment plans. I think it is a great way to start a business! Good luck!!

Another great place to get a laptop....fairly inexpensively....is www.ubid.com! They have great electronics at fabulous prices!!

I just got a new one in March for my shows. I couldn't load PP stuff on my old one--not enough memory. So I got a new one at Best Buy. The box was open, but nothing was missing and one of the guys checked it out. He looked shocked and said that it had never even been boot up. I paid $450 for it! Woo-hoo!

WOW, that's great!!!

I am lucky because my brother just upgraded his and gave me his old one. It is definately a dinosaur, but really light and easy to use. (a Fujistu Lifebook.) I just have to tweak it a bit to be able to back it up to my desktop... and then I'll be good to go! I can't wait!

Love+
Rachel

I love my laptop, I do everything PC on it now and I don't have to worry about leaving something at home because if I do I know I have it on the computer! We got ours directly from Dell, it's an Inspirion 1300 and we got it for $499! It was loaded with everything and actually has way more than I needed.

Having the laptop has made my life easier at shows and I don't have to worry about screwing up the calculations!

I love my Dell..I have an Inspiron 6000...I got it through Dell themself...it was a great deal!

1. What type of laptop do you recommend for a craft show business?

We recommend a laptop with at least an Intel Core i5 processor and 8GB of RAM. This will provide enough power and speed for running multiple programs and managing your business tasks.

2. How much storage do I need for my laptop?

For a craft show business, we suggest a minimum of 256GB of storage. This will allow you to store all your necessary files, photos, and videos without worrying about running out of space.

3. Is a touchscreen necessary for a craft show laptop?

While a touchscreen can be convenient for some tasks, it is not necessary for a craft show business. In most cases, a traditional keyboard and mouse will suffice for managing your business tasks.

4. Do I need a dedicated graphics card for my laptop?

A dedicated graphics card is not necessary for a craft show business. However, if you plan on using design software or editing photos and videos, a dedicated graphics card can improve performance and speed.

5. What is the ideal battery life for a craft show laptop?

We recommend a laptop with a battery life of at least 8 hours for a craft show business. This will ensure that your laptop can last through a full day of work without needing to be charged.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cindylpal
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • MissChef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • ChefJoyJ