1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Lap Boards

1. Can we order these from PC? I'm new are they discontinued?

Nov 2, 2005
  2. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

They are from Town and Country.

But here's what I do. Buy some three ring binders. Cut off the ring part, you know that 1 inch end piece, with your i-slice or an exacto or whatever. Now you have 2 lap boards!

Nov 2, 2005
  3. do you have the Town & Country website?

Nov 2, 2005
  4. Kristen

Kristen Member

Nov 2, 2005
  5. paydaymom

paydaymom Member

Is this just for someone to bear down on? You can get a big pack of the binders at Sams and Costco for hardly anything.

Nov 2, 2005
  6. micocina

micocina Member Gold Member

Binders as Lapboards

Deb,

That is a wonderful idea! How exactly do you prepare your binders? What do you put behind the front clear, and what do you put in the inside pocket?

Rosie

Nov 11, 2005
  7. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I got the cheap ones that don't have a clear pocket on the outside.

In the pocket I put a wish list/sales receipt, a catalog, a survey slip, a raffle ticket (something I do at my shows), TWO business cards (one to keep, one to give away), and a pen. Basically, everything they need for the show. I make them up in advance so all I have to do is hand out one thing to each guest. For the holidays I'm also including the Wish List available behind CC, which I copied on green paper, with instructions on how to order on the back (phone, email, website). I attached that one.

I suppose you could also include other flyers if you were trying to promote something special like Pampered Bride or more bookings. But I talk a ton about bookings at my show, so I don't include anything about that.

Attached Files:

Nov 11, 2005
  8. That is a great idea! I sometimes see the 1" binders on sale for a $1. I know around back to school time they can be pretty cheap.

Thanks for the tip, Deb!

Nov 11, 2005
  9. micocina

micocina Member Gold Member

Thanks for the feedback, Deb.

Rosie

Nov 11, 2005
  10. Thanks Debbie!

Great ideas!

Thanks,

Tasha

Nov 12, 2005