• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Lap Boards Necessary for Successful Direct Sales Shows?

I now give out a catalog, order form, and pen with each guest. I make a point of discussing the monthly guest special and pass around a copy in a clear plastic sleeve. I have PLENTY of people spend the $60 to get it. No one has ever said they wished they had a lap board or something to write on--it doesn't seem to be an issue.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
In the effort to carry less and sell more. I have stopped taking my lap boards to cut down on what I am carrying. I used to put in a 1/2 page of the guest specials that they could use as a wish list too and a recruiting flyer either the 30-day challenge or the discover us. I am now wonder if this affecting my shows by not having this information available in lap boards. What are your thoughts?

I used to use lapboards too and had similar things in it. For the last year I only give them a catalog, order form and pen. I tell them the host specials and remind them of them at check out. I have a flyer on a table and they always pass it around (I never tell them to). Recruiting info is sitting out on a table too and is always close and offered at checkout. It has not affected my bookings or recruiting at all.

I just started using lapboards and have found it saves time when they're choosing their free gift w/purchase item and most of my orders are now achieving the $60 level to get it. I use Kam's flyer that has the current month's host/guest/recruiting special. I take time to talk about all three as they turn over their lapboards. Having the current month's special helps me book in close!

I've never handed out folders or lap boards. Each guest is given a catalog, order form, drawing slip and pen. I make a point of discussing the monthly guest special and pass around a copy in a clear plastic sleeve. I have PLENTY of people spend the $60 to get it. No one has ever said they wish they had a lap board or something to write on--it doesn't seem to be an issue. With all the other products I take, some of which tend to be heavy, and the catalogs, that's enough to carry.

I tried lapboards & made my own....too heavy and it didn't make a difference on the guest special purchases.

1. What are lap boards?

Lap boards, also known as lap desks or lap trays, are portable writing surfaces that are designed to be used while sitting on one's lap. They are typically made of lightweight materials such as wood or plastic and have a flat surface for writing or working on a laptop or tablet.

2. Do lap boards have any benefits compared to traditional desks?

Yes, lap boards offer several benefits. They are portable and can be used anywhere, making them great for travelers or those who work from home. They also provide a more comfortable writing or working position since they can be adjusted to fit the user's lap. Additionally, lap boards can help protect furniture from scratches or spills.

3. Are lap boards suitable for both adults and children?

Yes, lap boards can be used by both adults and children. They are available in different sizes to accommodate various body types, and some models even have adjustable legs or angles for optimal comfort. Lap boards can also be used for a variety of activities such as writing, drawing, or playing games.

4. What are the different types of lap boards available?

There are several types of lap boards available, including traditional wooden lap desks, plastic lap trays with cushioned bottoms, and lap desks with built-in storage compartments. Some lap boards also come with additional features such as built-in fans for laptops or tablet stands.

5. Can lap boards be used in a classroom or office setting?

Yes, lap boards can be used in a classroom or office setting. They are a great tool for group activities or meetings where individuals may need to write or take notes while sitting on the floor or in a non-traditional seating arrangement. Lap boards can also be useful for individuals who have limited desk space or prefer to work in a more relaxed position.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ChefCat
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • pamperedchef_OK_LA_MS