• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Positive Attitude the Key to Success in Business?

In summary, Danielle was laid off from a great job in August this year and was totally devastated. Her husband is self-employed yet she has her Pampered Chef business. However, her PC business has doubled and even tripled this month and she has not increased the number of shows. Danielle's attitude has lit the fire in many people and she has a great schedule of shows lined up through next year.
DessertDivaFL
Gold Member
For those who don't know my story: I was laid off from a great job in August this year and was totally devastated. My husband is self-employed yet I have my Pampered Chef business.

Now here we are nearing the end of November and I had to share with you my status: I am still searching for that full-time position somewhere (looking for the benefits mostly). However, my PC business has doubled and even tripled this month and I have not increased the number of shows! I have also signed two recruits!

What was the difference you may ask? MY ATTITUDE! Before, I was real casual about what this business could mean for them and now I am on fire for the business! My personal testimony has lit the fire in many people and I have a great schedule of shows lined up through next year and I am so blessed! We have a great business opportunity and why I took it so casually before is crazy. The time is now and I am taking control!

Awesome good for you Danielle! :)

congratulations!

there is a reason... it is you! congratulations!

You should share that story with PC's "I CAN DO IT". I know some people are annoyed by those emails, but I think they can offer encouragement to others! There are occasionally stories shared that fit MY circumstances and give me a little boost in spirit now and then. Your's would definitely be one of them! Thanks for sharing.

esavvymom said:
You should share that story with PC's "I CAN DO IT". I know some people are annoyed by those emails, but I think they can offer encouragement to others! There are occasionally stories shared that fit MY circumstances and give me a little boost in spirit now and then. Your's would definitely be one of them! Thanks for sharing.

I totally agree!

That's awesome to hear! Congrats!! I'm glad you shared with us...I love hearing and celebrating others' success! May it continue!! Wahoooo!

That is so great! I wish I was more like you. I let despair and fear take over and it ruined my life. Well, I ruined my life because I let it. I am so proud of you and thank you for the inspiration! And bobbi is right. Share that with HO. I like the e-mails. Many do not apply to me but if I did not get them, I would miss the ones I needed to see. As you may have noted I did not say "wanted to see".

Congrats..and I agree you should let HO know..I do like receiving the emails.

I like reading it here first, and agree, you should let HO know!
Way to go!

Good for you!

You are an inspiration. Congratulations!

I will take you advice and let the HO know what has happened with my PC business. A lot to be thankful for this year! Thanks fellow cheffers!

I'm sorry that circumstances forced you into this position, but happy to hear that you have made a success out of the situation! :D Congratulations!!!

I have been contacted by PC about my story. I will let you know if they decide to publish anything.

1. What should I do if I am laid off in August?

If you are laid off in August, it's important to first take a deep breath and remain calm. Then, start by assessing your financial situation and creating a budget to ensure you can cover your expenses. Next, update your resume and start networking to find new job opportunities. Don't be afraid to reach out to your contacts and ask for help or advice. Finally, consider any temporary or freelance work to help bridge the gap until you find a new job.

2. Will I be eligible for unemployment benefits if I am laid off in August?

In most cases, if you are laid off in August, you will be eligible for unemployment benefits. However, eligibility requirements vary by state, so it's important to check with your state's unemployment office for specific guidelines. Typically, you must have been employed for a certain period of time and lost your job through no fault of your own to qualify for benefits.

3. What should I do with my company retirement plan if I am laid off in August?

If you have a company retirement plan, such as a 401(k) or pension, you have a few options if you are laid off in August. You can leave the funds in the plan, roll them over into an individual retirement account (IRA), or cash out the funds. It's important to carefully consider the tax implications and potential penalties before making a decision. Consulting a financial advisor can also be helpful in this situation.

4. How can I explain being laid off in August during a job interview?

Being laid off in August can be a challenging experience, but it's important to remain positive and professional when explaining it during a job interview. Be honest about the circumstances and avoid speaking negatively about your previous employer. Focus on what you learned from the experience and how it has prepared you for future opportunities. Employers understand that layoffs happen and are often out of an employee's control.

5. What can I do to prepare for a potential layoff in August?

Unfortunately, layoffs can happen at any time, so it's important to always be prepared. Start by building an emergency fund to help cover expenses in case of a job loss. Keep your resume and skills up-to-date, and constantly network and stay connected with professionals in your industry. It's also a good idea to regularly review your budget and expenses to ensure you can adjust in case your income changes suddenly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephanie78
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shawnna