• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did anyone hear about the lady who fell at the conference?

In summary, the woman that fell at the Sheraton Conference was from Florida and had a head wound. She was getting off of the bus and going into the building when she fell and the door hit her in the head. She was on the same bus as Karen, who has been wondering how she is doing. All Karen knows is that the woman had to go to the hospital and had 10 staples put in her head.
Karen Weber
Gold Member
Does anyone know how the lady is that fell at conference? She was getting off the bus and going into the building when she fell and the door hit her in the head. She was on the same bus as I was and I haven't been able to get her out of my mind. All I know is that she was from Florida and it was a head wound.

Karen

Oh my -- I heard nothing about this at all. Saying a prayer for her.

Was that at the Sheraton? Banquet night?

No she was getting off of the bus at McCormick Place.

I saw her too. They put her in a wheel chair and then I think they took her to the Hospital. I have been wondering how she is too.

I saw her fall, too. She apparently hit her head on the entrance door and was bleeding. A Home Office co-worker immediately tended to her and sent someone to get help. I was also hoping that she was okay.

I sat behind someone in general session that was speaking of this. She had to go to the hospital & something about 10 staples. That's all I heard though. I'm not sure where the staples were at. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I saw her lying there, but do not know how things turned out.

I must admit, I took a slight tumble down the stairs of the shuttle bus on day 3. Luckily, it was just me and another girl on the bus so no one other than her and the bus driver saw me... whewww. But I was still embarassed. It was a combination of lugging too much stuff and not seeing the first step getting off the dark bus, I can defintely see how it happened to this poor lady.

1. What happened to the lady that fell at the conference?

The lady that fell at the conference is doing well and is recovering from her injuries. She has received support and assistance from the Pampered Chef team.

2. Was the fall caused by any negligence on the part of Pampered Chef?

No, the fall was an unfortunate accident and was not caused by any negligence on the part of Pampered Chef. We take the safety and well-being of our employees and consultants very seriously.

3. Will there be any changes to prevent similar incidents from happening in the future?

Yes, we are conducting a thorough review of our safety protocols and procedures to ensure the well-being of all attendees at our events. We are committed to making any necessary changes to prevent similar incidents from occurring in the future.

4. Will there be any compensation or assistance for the lady who fell?

Yes, we have provided and will continue to provide support and assistance to the lady who fell at the conference. This includes covering any medical expenses and offering any necessary accommodations for her recovery.

5. Has this incident affected the future of conferences and events for Pampered Chef?

We are always evaluating and improving our events and conferences, and this incident has prompted us to review our safety protocols and procedures. However, we are committed to continuing to provide valuable and safe experiences for our employees and consultants at all of our events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• soccermama
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
soccermama
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chefann