• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Lady Bug Batter Bowl Cake Tutorial - Perfect for Baby Showers or Birthdays!

In summary, the conversation is about baking a ladybug-shaped cake and using red frosting for the design. The speakers suggest using Wilton cake colors for the desired shade of red and using a large BB cake for the body and a prep bowl cake for the head. They also recommend a cake decorating book from Walmart for ideas and a recipe for homemade icing to save money. The gel colors are recommended for better consistency and caution is advised as a little goes a long way. Contact information is also provided for further assistance.
nikked
Gold Member
Hello, Ladies and Gents!

"Pregnancy brain" :p has settled in early this time, and while I have a picture that someone posted, I can't seem to wrap my little brain around how to get it done!

Where do you get/how do you make red frosting? One large BB cake only, or one Large for the body, and one Small for the head?

You get the idea...any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks so much!

You can get Wilton cake colors. You can find these in the craft aisle at WalMart or Ac Moores. I know other stores sell them also like stores that sell wedding supplies. You can get the color red red or Christmas red. this will make the color you want. If you use liquid coloring you have a chance of making your icing too runny. Tthe Wilton cake colors are a gel so you do not have to worry about this. Put a picture of your cake on this site when you are finished. Hope this helps. If you have any questions please feel free to email me.

My email address is

[email protected].

Good Luck
Teresa

I would do one large BB cake for the body and a prep bowl cake for the head. I'd set the Prep Bowl cake with the flat side against the side of the BB cake.

Also, if you go to Wal-Mart they have a small cake decorating book there. It's yellow and has tons for cake decorating ideas in it. It's about $3 or so. It also has a recipe for REALLY GREAT cake icing. That will let you save some money on the icing. If you bought the cake decorator icing by wilton it would be really expensive. This way you can make a full batch of icing yourself and practice with the gel colors. They are sold in packs or individually. Just remember, a little of the gel goes a LONG WAY! They sell the Red Red and the Black for your Ladybug.

1. What is a Lady Bug Batter Bowl Cake?

A Lady Bug Batter Bowl Cake is a fun and whimsical cake made in the shape of a lady bug using our Pampered Chef batter bowl. It's perfect for special occasions and kids' birthdays.

2. What ingredients do I need to make a Lady Bug Batter Bowl Cake?

You will need a boxed cake mix, eggs, oil, water, red food coloring, black food coloring, and buttercream frosting. Full instructions and ingredient measurements can be found on our website.

3. Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix you prefer, but we recommend using a white or vanilla cake mix to achieve the best colors for the lady bug cake.

4. Can I use a different type of bowl if I don't have a batter bowl?

While we recommend using the Pampered Chef batter bowl for the best results, you can use any oven-safe bowl that is similar in size and shape to a batter bowl. Just make sure to grease the bowl well before baking the cake.

5. How do I decorate the Lady Bug Batter Bowl Cake?

Once the cake is baked and cooled, you can use buttercream frosting to decorate the cake. Use the red food coloring to create the lady bug's red body and the black food coloring for its spots. You can also use additional frosting to create the lady bug's face and antennae. Check out our website for step-by-step decorating instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbecky
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
  • momofthree
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nikked