• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Printed Labels vs. Self-Inking Stamps

In summary, most people use labels for catalogs and receipts, while stamps are used for order forms and other paperwork.
cookscorner
Hello - I was wondering what your suggestion was between using printed labels for catalogs and receipts, etc or getting a self-inking stamp. I look forward to your insight.

For catalogues I prefer labels, as I have found that stamps can smear sometimes. I also put a label on the front cover and one on the back. For receipts, I use my stamp. I will use labels in a pinch, but I find they make the paperwork bulkier.
I am new to this though, so I am looking forward to seeing what others have to say on this subject.

I use labels for both mainly because of the smearing

I use labels still. Have pondered the thought of buying a stamp, but it's not in my budget.

I use labels for catalogs and booklets and the stamp for receipts and any other paperwork

I think I will buy myself a stamp once I get married..to use on paperwork. But I use labels because of the smearing.

Yes, I agree with the others...labels for cattys and the stamp for order forms.

It takes forever for the stamp to dry when you use it on the cattys. The order forms aren't glossy, so those don't smear like the cattys do.

I got a stamp from Vistaprint for about $16. I've had it for over 3 years and it's just starting to get lighter. I've never had a problem with smearing or long periods to dry. I did the ink red so it stands out.

Stamp for paperwork and recipe cards.
Label for catalog.

I use ink stamp on everything as I felt it saved money as it only cost me $15 once. I do lay all the catalogs or anything shiny out on my kitchen table and stamp them and let them sit over night. It works for me to save money and if I let them set they do not smear.

I stamp everything. I have the self inking stamp from Merrill and I use it on my catalogs and let them sit about 10-15 minutes before stacking them and I never have a problem. I'd rather shell out for a stamp once and refill the ink pad ever few years than use my ink in my printer and have to keep buying labels.

Thank you for the feedback. Everyone here is very helpful.

Love my stamps - I have one with my address for paperwork and one without. I set up and stamp all my catalogs and once and let them dry on the kitchen table. It's worth it to me to buy the stamp once. Now in a pinch when I don't have time I'll use labels since I have some for stuff I cannot stamp (back of SBRC, recipe cards, etc).

I use a stamp for most things. Some recipe cards it's too big for so I use labels on them. If you've recently inked your stamp, do the receipts first and then when you stamp the catalogs/recipes it won't smear as bad. I stack them so the ink doesn't touch, wait about 10 min. and put them back in a regular pile. Works great. Plus stamping is so much faster than peel/stick labels.

I use a label on all catalogs. I made them on Vistaprint and got them for free, so it's not expensive at all. Just pay shipping. I use the return address labels and then edit to put my name, email, website address and phone.I also get better results with labels when my 7 year old helps me. If he stamps, it smears all over.

Brenda.the.chef said:
I use labels still. Have pondered the thought of buying a stamp, but it's not in my budget.

You may want to check out stampsonsale.com. They have affordable stamps: $10-15, and free shipping. I got the medium sized stamp and it's worked for over a year. Recently, I've been thinking of upgrading to a large to make it easier on the guests when writing checks, etc.

If I have the time, I'll stamp my catalogs. You have to let them dry and sometimes I stamp them wrong, causing a smear. I just use a label over it to correct. Stamping is great for receipts. I find that the stamps aren't too great on recipe cards or opportunity brochures.

When I'm in a hurry, I'll grab a label and be done. I think stamping saves money over time, but labels are a nice convenience. =)

HTH

I too use labels for my catalogs and booklets and my stamp for the 2-ply order forms. For outside order forms I always add my info before I print them out.

ilovpc said:
I too use labels for my catalogs and booklets and my stamp for the 2-ply order forms. For outside order forms I always add my info before I print them out.

Exactly what I do.

I pay my 6 yr. old to label for me. He does all of my labeling/stamping now. It's his first part-time job. :)

He gets 50 cents for each sheet of labels, or 50 cents for 50 stamps, depending on which he's doing. He also assembles Host Packets, and guest folders for me.

Oh, and in case you're thinking I'm a mean mom - he quits when he's tired, or he takes a break. It's totally up to him how much he does, although he usually always finishes everything I've given him.

Brenda.the.chef said:

Depending on how you buy your labels, you can get so much more out of a stamp!

I do all labels. I have 3 helpers (they are 3, 4, and 5). I used to get upset when they didn't put them on right, but now I just go with it. I actually point it out at my shows. I use it as part of my why..... "I am a homeschooling mommy and this is something my kids help me with.... if the label is upside down, please excuse me, it was applied with a little extra love".

I label everything because I can change the label to fit whatever I want it to say at the time. For example - I use the larger labels for catalogs (I think they come 10 to a sheet) and it has everything on it from talking about the different shows I offer, to the opportunity phone number and listing my email, website, and recently even added the "Like me on Facebook" line with my facebook page listed.

On the order forms I sometimes use a stamp and sometimes use a label. But again, it's because I can make it fit the occassion.

I bought a huge stamp from Office Depot for $40 that takes up 3/4 of the blank space on back of the catalog. I spread out the catalogs until they dry. I put a label on the front.

I just had a new stamp made today from Office Max. I had the one from Merrill, but thought the font size was too small. I figured I don't care if it doesn't have the logo because I'm always using it on official PC things anyway. I like labels for the front of the catalog, but I stamp the back of them and minis, too. I stamp my paperwork. We go through enough labels just doing the front of them and invitations, so I stopped making labels for the back. Saves printer ink and the cost of more labels.

The stamp is cheaper in the long run, but if you move a lot (ie: Military) and/or change your title (hopefully by promoting) then the labels are the way to go. I have 2 toddlers & leaving the catalogs out to dry was too difficult, so I started using the labels a LONG time ago and never went back to the stamp. ;)

Sheila said:
The stamp is cheaper in the long run, but if you move a lot (ie: Military) and/or change your title (hopefully by promoting) then the labels are the way to go. I have 2 toddlers & leaving the catalogs out to dry was too difficult, so I started using the labels a LONG time ago and never went back to the stamp. ;)

I don't think they have your title on them unless they changed it. And they have an option of address or no address so as long as your phone number stays the same your good with the stamp. I don't put my address on anything except for the return address on my mail so that's why I have two stamps.

I use labels on all except receipts. I too have 2 granddaughters that are my "helpers". I love the Vistaprint lables as I get them in Bright Primary colors that are eye catching. I got a call for a show 3 months ago from someone who put a mini in her purse and found it when she was changing purses...says she loved the yellow label.:)

lesliec said:
I do all labels. I have 3 helpers (they are 3, 4, and 5). I used to get upset when they didn't put them on right, but now I just go with it. I actually point it out at my shows. I use it as part of my why..... "I am a homeschooling mommy and this is something my kids help me with.... if the label is upside down, please excuse me, it was applied with a little extra love".

How sweet, I love this!

deanna_g said:
I stamp everything. I have the self inking stamp from Merrill and I use it on my catalogs and let them sit about 10-15 minutes before stacking them and I never have a problem. I'd rather shell out for a stamp once and refill the ink pad ever few years than use my ink in my printer and have to keep buying labels.

This is what I do as well. The stamp from Merril was only $15 and it beats using up the ink from my printer cartridge which goes FAST. Just lay your catalogs out overnight and all is good.

If you craft and have a heat gun, you can zap the catalog with it after stamping and it dries immediately. I always use a stamp and do that or jst let them dry for a few minutes. It's so much easier and economical than labels - and for <$20 I'd say it was money well spent.

What are the benefits of using printed labels over self-inking stamps?

Printed labels offer a more professional and consistent appearance since they are designed and printed using high-quality materials. They also allow for customization with different fonts, colors, and designs. Additionally, printed labels are more durable and can withstand repeated use.

Can self-inking stamps be used for any type of label?

Self-inking stamps are versatile and can be used for various types of labels, including address labels, product labels, and even name tags. However, they are limited in terms of customization and may not be suitable for more complex designs or logos.

Which option is more cost-effective in the long run?

In the short term, self-inking stamps may seem like the more cost-effective option since they have a lower upfront cost. However, over time, printed labels tend to be more cost-effective as they can be used for a longer period and do not require additional supplies such as ink pads.

Are there any limitations to using self-inking stamps?

One limitation of self-inking stamps is that they can only be used on flat surfaces. They also require a steady hand and proper alignment to ensure the label is applied correctly. Additionally, certain materials, such as glossy or textured surfaces, may not work well with self-inking stamps.

Can I use my own design for printed labels?

Yes, you can use your own design for printed labels. Our printing services allow for customization with different fonts, colors, and designs, so you can create a unique label that best represents your brand or business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Liquid Sky
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Liquid Sky
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
CarolynnLee
  • chefkacey