1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Labeling Catalogs, Front or Back?

Front or Back?

1. Front

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Back

25 vote(s)
    51.0%
  3. Both

17 vote(s)
    34.7%
  1. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Do you put your labels on the Front or Back of the catalogs? Or Both?

I was listening to a training on CC and the speaker said that they put them on the front. Just wondering your thoughts...

2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I put one on the front listing the host benefits.
    I put my contact info on the back.
    I put an address label with my website over the HO website inside the catalog where it talks about wedding registries.

Apr 17, 2009
  3. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I put my info on the back. But old ones that I'm dropping off at places, I leave info on the front as well.

Apr 17, 2009
  4. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

Rae,
    Have you posted your host benefits label before? If not, would you mine sharing it. I want to share this idea with the consultants on my team. Thanks!
    leggy

Apr 17, 2009
  5. raebates

I don't know if I have or not. Here it is as a PDF and in Publisher.

Attached Files:

Apr 17, 2009
  6. BlessedWifeMommy

Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

7. raebates

My pleasure.

Apr 17, 2009
  8. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

Thank you Rae!

Apr 17, 2009
  9. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

thanks Rae!

Apr 17, 2009
  10. PCJen

PCJen Member

I do both when I give the host a packet and also for any that I hand out away from a show. Show catalogs just have a lable on the back.

Apr 17, 2009
  11. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Rae - you are a genius!:D

Apr 17, 2009
  12. maassl

maassl Guest

Love this, thanks!

Apr 17, 2009
  13. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I put a small (30 to a page) label with my info on the front. Then I put a larger label (10 to a page) with the PC logo and my info on the back, plus the recruiting call label near the photo of the kit. I started putting the logo on my labels when someone at a vendor event walked up to me, picked up a catalog, and said, "What company is this? I don't know what you're selling." Of course, she missed the logo on the front cover, my shirt, my apron, and the tablecloth, too. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
    Apr 17, 2009
  14. BlessedWifeMommy

Wow, boy was that dense!!!

15. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

Someone told me once to put on front, but everyone automatically looks on back. My old catalogs had outlet sticker on front and my info on back.

Apr 17, 2009
  16. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I always look on the back for consultant info, too, because most companies have a spot there (and so they don't lose valuable front cover photo space). But it's surprising how many consultants don't label/stamp their catalogs. In 7 years, I've worked a lot of vendor/craft/bridal events and have been given catalogs by a lot of consultants. I'd be willing to bet that about 1/3 of them had no contact info on them at all, or just a handwritten first name and phone number (often without an area code, and I'm in an area that has 10-digit dialing on all calls).

Apr 17, 2009
  17. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

I totally agree! I'm at these (and hosting them) all the time, and I think "why don't these people want customers to have their contact info?!"

But what I really love is when they dont want to give you a catalog or even a business card! I mean come on, I cant call you if I dont know your number!

Apr 17, 2009
  18. BlessedWifeMommy

I don't understand why someone wouldn't label their catalog! I too have found many consultants just stamp their catalogs (and sometimes their stamp only has name and number). I think it is worth the extra to print labels, in my opinion it looks more professional.

19. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Me too! I don't even take them out of the package until I stamp them. There is no way anything leaves my office without my information on them.

I stamp the back side of my catalogs.

Apr 17, 2009
  20. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I never thought about putting host benefit labels on, and I will certainly start doing so. I do put my info label on both the front and back.

On the SB's I give hosts, I make sure to put my label over where PC tells them to call.

Apr 17, 2009
  21. Jules711

Jules711 Veteran Member Silver Member

I actually happily slap mine on the front of the current catalogs in the middle of the food b/c I don't find it appetizing and it breaks it up a bit :). I like them on the front b/c I know immediately that it's labeled and haven't had a problem with people seeing it (at least not anyone that wouldn't have missed it on the back as well).

Apr 17, 2009
  22. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

I have a stamp on the back with my info, and on the front a label in color that says "check out my website" with the website address on it. I put the one on the front on at an angle so that it is more eye catching.

Apr 17, 2009
  23. kaseydee

kaseydee Veteran Member Gold Member

I put a label on front & back. I listened to a cd that said put it on the front for sure & then another one said put it on the back also for those who are "blind" & don't see your label on the front. lol I put my vista labels that say Help Whip Cancer on them with all my info & then my regular PC info label on the back. I love your label Rae!

Apr 17, 2009
  24. raebates

Aww, shucks. Tweren't nothin'. Actually, I'm fairly certain that I creatively adapted the idea from someone else.

Apr 17, 2009
  25. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Right now I am putting on the front a:
    Have you ever thought of doing what I'm doing (with a graphic of cash)
    SM (60 to a page. Love this new size BTW!!!) label with my name, ph# & WS on the bottom left corner

Back:
    30 to a page label looks something like... (waiting on my new stamp)
    Paulette ******
    Independent Consultant #34****
    PH#
    email
    PWS

I also try to add a recruiting sticker either with the opp call# or one of the did you know recruiting stickers posted here a while back.

I also have started covering the part on the back that says to contact PC via pc.com. I want them to contact ME!!!

Apr 17, 2009
Have something to add?