• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bag Refunds at Kroger: What Is It & Is It Worth It?

In summary, a bag refund at Kroger is a program that offers customers a discount for bringing their own reusable bags to use for their groceries. The amount of the refund varies by location, typically around 5-10 cents per bag. Whether or not it is worth it to bring your own bags depends on how often you shop at Kroger and how many reusable bags you have. Any type of reusable bag can be used to receive the refund, as long as it is sturdy enough to hold groceries. To receive the refund, simply inform the cashier at checkout and it will be deducted from your total and shown on your receipt.
Kelly8
Ok, so I am going through my receipts for taxes, and I found a Kroger receipt that had -.05 for "bag refund." What is that? Does Kroger give a .05 discount if you bring your own bag? Is that silly to say? Or is it something obvious that I should know?

Yes, that's exactly what it is. Hope it was a PC shopping bag that you used!!!! : )

Oh of course! Wow! That's too cool-that's a good thing to say with the May Help Whip cancer bags that are coming out. Wish Meijer had that discount.

Kelly8 said:
Oh of course! Wow! That's too cool-that's a good thing to say with the May Help Whip cancer bags that are coming out. Wish Meijer had that discount.

Me too! OR, I wish we had a Krogers in our area! I grew up on the other side of the state, and I've always missed having them over here.

Kroger here doesn't do that, but Meijer does.

Lowes Foods in NC does also.

raebates said:
Kroger here doesn't do that, but Meijer does.

Hey! How come Meijers here doesn't do that? No Fair!

Oh, wait...it's probably because they have no competition here, so there's no reason to do it. :(

1. What is a bag refund at Kroger?

A bag refund at Kroger is a program that offers customers a small discount for bringing their own reusable bags to use for their groceries instead of using plastic bags provided by the store.

2. How much is the bag refund at Kroger?

The bag refund at Kroger varies by location, but it is typically around 5-10 cents per reusable bag.

3. Is it worth it to bring my own bags for the refund?

It depends on how often you shop at Kroger and how many reusable bags you have. If you frequently shop at Kroger and have multiple reusable bags, the refund can add up over time and be worth it.

4. Do I have to use Kroger's reusable bags to receive the refund?

No, you can use any type of reusable bag to receive the refund. However, the bag must be sturdy and able to hold groceries without breaking.

5. How do I receive the bag refund at Kroger?

When checking out at Kroger, let the cashier know that you have reusable bags and they will deduct the bag refund from your total. The refund will show up on your receipt.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • jenniferknapp
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
  • chefmoseley