1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Rant Kraft Food & Family - Now Subscription Fee!

1. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

Geesh, I just got my latest Kraft Food & Family last week. Along with it they send an invoice for $6.99/year and said this would be the last one I receive unless they hear from me!

I like it, but not sure I'm willing to pay for it! It's not a lot of money, but it's the principal.

They should at least have it on-line for free! It is advertising all of their products!

2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I got that too. I like it, but if I'm going to pay for a food magazine, I'd rather pay for one that isn't one continual advertisement. :rolleyes: Guess I'll be saying Buh-bye to Kraft Food&Family.:thumbdown:

Nov 10, 2009
  3. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I thought I was losing it. I didn't remember paying before. I will have to let it go, too. But I do love it!

Nov 10, 2009
  4. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

It is online for free. All that magazine is is recipes using Kraft products. You can get them all for free when you sign up for their email list. I get them in my inbox every month.

Nov 10, 2009
  5. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

exactly this!!!! i love my recipes online from them!:thumbup:

Nov 10, 2009
  6. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

Great - I'll have to sign up for the online version. I don't have a problem w/that at all - less paperwork in my small house:)!

7. K_Jurich

K_Jurich Member

I thought the same thing everyone I know got the same thing. I guess I will b reading it online from now on then.

Nov 10, 2009
  8. itsjustCarla

itsjustCarla Advanced Member

My invoice went into the shredder.....LOL.

Nov 10, 2009
  9. Blmal

Blmal

My mom actually got the same notice a few issues ago. She went ahead and paid to continue getting it. I have NEVER paid, and always get it. She also got the same generic notice that I (and seems like everyone else) got. Now that I think about it, I want to say that she said that her check never cleared.

Nov 10, 2009
  10. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

yep, I got it too - dissappointing. I like the magazine, but not enough to pay for it.

11. dianevill

dianevill Senior Member Gold Member

I was disappointed, too. I went to kraftfoods.com and sent a message expressing my disappointment. I know it probably won't do anything, but I felt good! I told them that as much as I enjoy the magazine, I can't justify paying for another glorified macaroni and cheese dinner recipe.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
    Nov 10, 2009
  12. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

Me too! I got my last one two days ago with the same notice. I never really looked at it after while. And I have used the on-line so...
    It does not pay for me to get it either. Diane - I love your idea though so I think I may steal it an drop them a line too. Just because.

Nov 10, 2009
  13. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I'm doing the same thing--sticking with online only. I looked at the coupons that I'd use and they don't add up to more than the subscription price.

Nov 10, 2009
  14. Pedey

Pedey Member

I guess I'm the minority. I love it - and I already mailed them a check for a 2 year renewal! I've been getting it for over 5 years & I love it every time!

Nov 10, 2009
  15. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I love the magazine. It's just that I also get it online. I have difficulty printing online coupons, so I continued getting the paper one for the coupons. So, if the coupons don't at least equal the subscription price I can't justify it to myself.

Nov 10, 2009
  16. BadGirl

BadGirl Member Gold Member

I don't have a problem paying the subscription fee. I like the magazine, and I particularly like holding it in my hands, as opposed to viewing it on-line.

Nov 10, 2009
  17. lpacker

lpacker Member

I already paid for two years too. AND for dinner this evening I made the Mexican Layered Bake in the DCB. Instead of putting it in the oven, I put it in the microwave for 12 minutes - excellent!!! AND a quick, easy meal!!!

Nov 10, 2009
  18. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

I also got the notice several months ago, never paid for it still receiving it.
    I made the snowball cake on the cover in batter bowl last week it was yummy

Nov 11, 2009
  19. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

Well, maybe they are just fishing for $... I would like to keep getting it, but don't want to pay. Its easier for me to read a mag than to be on the computer.

Nov 12, 2009
Have something to add?