• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Stones for Ovens in Korea

I live in Japan, most Japanese ovens are small if they even have one. She may want to stick with the medium and small bar pan. I do live in base housing and have an American oven but my dishwasher is Japanese and nothing fits in it. It is all going to depend on the house she picks, every one is so different. I was there a couple years ago... if they are living on base housing I found MOST were standard sizes. not sure which base they are going on but would have them email the command and check. I was personaly in Chinhae and when i was there even the single enlisted was standard size.It depends on where they are going to live
jbdowd0798
Gold Member
Hey All,

I have a very good friend/customer heading to Korea in 3 weeks and needs to know what stones will fit the ovens. We have a friend their already and just said hers didn't fit. I'm thinking the large bar pan and/or the round stone with handles.

Anyone (military/civilian) there or been there in the last 2yrs to help me out?

THANKS!:)

I live in Japan, most Japanese ovens are small if they even have one. She may want to stick with the medium and small bar pan. I do live in base housing and have an American oven but my dishwasher is Japanese and nothing fits in it. It is all going to depend on the house she picks, every one is so different.

I was there a couple years ago... if they are living on base housing I found MOST were standard sizes. not sure which base they are going on but would have them email the command and check. I was personaly in Chinhae and when i was there even the single enlisted was standard size.

It depends on where they are going to live. I lived off base in an apartment and had no fridge, a two burner stovetop and what I assumed was a korean type toaster oven. I'm pretty sure the small or medium bar pan would have fit in there, but I would've been hesitant to use them as there were flames (gas oven). My ex and I went out an bought a fridge and a microwave and just lived on easy things, ramen, stuff that I could make in the micro, etc... (boy was I happy to get home!!)

Thanks. By the sounds of it, its off base housing as the husband is working for the embassy or something.

Thanks yall! :)

1. What types of stones are recommended for use in Korean ovens?

The most commonly used stones for ovens in Korea are natural stone, such as granite or marble, and ceramic stones. These materials are able to withstand high temperatures and distribute heat evenly, resulting in a perfectly cooked dish.

2. Do I need to season the stones before using them in my Korean oven?

It is not necessary to season natural stone or ceramic stones before using them in your Korean oven. However, it is recommended to lightly oil the surface of the stones before placing food on them to prevent sticking.

3. How do I clean and maintain my oven stones?

To clean your stones, simply wipe them down with a damp cloth after each use. Avoid using soap or harsh chemicals as they can affect the taste of your food. For stubborn stains, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water. It is important to dry the stones completely before storing them. With proper care, your oven stones can last for years.

4. Can I use my oven stones for both baking and grilling?

Yes, oven stones are versatile and can be used for both baking and grilling. However, it is important to note that using the stones for grilling may cause them to become discolored or develop a patina over time. This is normal and will not affect their performance.

5. Are there any foods I should avoid cooking on my oven stones?

While oven stones are great for cooking a variety of foods, there are some dishes that may not be suitable for this cooking method. Foods with high moisture content, such as soups or stews, are not recommended as they can cause the stones to crack. Additionally, acidic foods like citrus fruits or tomatoes may also damage the stones. It is best to stick to solid or dry foods when using oven stones.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • RossDeb2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dollfangs
  • Dina Atnip