• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Knife Block Setup: How to Properly Organize Your Knives | Helpful Tips

In summary, a knife block is a useful tool for safely storing and organizing knives in the kitchen. It can hold between 10-20 knives of various types, including chef's knives, paring knives, and more. To clean and maintain a knife block, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth and periodically oil the wood. It is also possible to purchase a knife block without any knives included.
Jennie4PC
This may seem like a silly question but how do you guys have your knife block set up? One of my hostess got this last month and she says the knives dont seem to fit right. I played with it today and I dont see how they fit either. She has all the knives and so there is 1 big slot open and if she sticks the 5 in santuko in it it looks funny. So is there supposed to be an empty slot? If anyone can help me that would be great.

I do know that there are extra spots that won't be full so that she can add more knives if she wants.

We just got ours and there's a diagram in the Use and Care guide that comes with the block and shows where all the pieces fit.

now my question is do you place them blades down as the use and care guide says? I tend do to it blades up so they don't touch the wood and dull???

luvinpc said:
now my question is do you place them blades down as the use and care guide says? I tend do to it blades up so they don't touch the wood and dull???

You place the knves blade down in our block. I always placed mine down in my previous block but when we came out with this one they specifically said to put them blade down and that the bamboo won't dull them like wood would. I have had no issue with dulling.

I have two knife blocks, one of which is PC. My PC one holds knives at a much more vertical angle. I find that storing the knives blade down works fine in that one. In my non-PC block I store them blades up.

What is the purpose of a knife block?

A knife block is used to safely and conveniently store knives in the kitchen. It helps to keep knives organized and easily accessible while also protecting the blades from damage.

How many knives can a knife block hold?

The number of knives that a knife block can hold varies depending on the size and design of the block. Most knife blocks can hold between 10-20 knives.

What types of knives can be stored in a knife block?

Knife blocks are designed to hold a variety of knives, including chef's knives, paring knives, bread knives, and more. Some blocks also have slots for kitchen shears and sharpening tools.

How do I clean and maintain a knife block?

To clean a knife block, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth and mild soap. Make sure to thoroughly dry the block before storing knives. It is also important to regularly remove any debris or dust from the slots. To maintain the block, periodically oil the wood to prevent it from drying out.

Can I purchase a knife block without any knives?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers knife blocks for sale without any knives included. This allows customers to customize their own set of knives and choose the ones that best fit their needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• huskerlissa
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Porchechef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Crys Hall