1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Knife block - extra slots?

1. j&k'smom

j&k'smom Member

I am new, and I had an outside order for the knife block back in October. The customer later asked (through the host) why he had empty slots in his knife block. I assumed it must be for the steak knives and maybe the carving set. Is that right? The info. says that there are 16 slots, leaving room for extra pieces, but it is not specific. This same customer will be ordering from my show Friday, and wants to know what to get in order to fill up his knife block. Should he get both the steak and carving sets?

Jan 10, 2010
  2. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I think it's for knives that may come out in the future ... they don't want to re-design the whole block just because they came out with more knives!

Jan 11, 2010
  3. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I don't have the carving set. So I'm not sure how snug the fork would fit in the 2nd larger opening, but I bet that it would work for the Carving Set. I know the 9 knives, 4 (of my 8) Steak Knives & the Kitchen Shears (without the cover) fit with one large opening & 1 knife opening left over! :D

Jan 11, 2010
  4. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I have the knife block and every slot is filled. I have all the knives in it as well as 4 steak knives and the knife from the carving set. The fork didn't fit and now with the newest knives there isn't room anyway so it's in a drawer.

Pampered Chef knows that people already have knives so until they can fill it with ours (if they choose to) they can put other knives in the slots.

Jan 11, 2010
  5. j&k'smom

j&k'smom Member

Thanks everyone. I hope he is happy to still have an open slot if he just buys the steak set. I am thrilled to be selling such expensive items. I have not met this man, he always places outside orders. I have left several messages asking if they would like to earn free and discounted products, but they don't seem interested. (I almost feel bad that he is paying full price) Maybe there will be a new knife in the spring and I will be able to sell him that also!!

Jan 12, 2010
Have something to add?