• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Appleberry Salsa: Substituting Kiwi with Mango for a Cinco de Mayo Celebration

In summary, some suitable substitutes for kiwi in recipes include mango, pineapple, and papaya. Frozen kiwi can also be used in recipes, as long as it is thawed first. For fruit salads, strawberries, blueberries, and grapes make good replacements for kiwi. However, it is not recommended to substitute kiwi with avocado in recipes as it may alter the taste significantly. Canned kiwi can be used as a substitute for fresh kiwi in recipes, but the texture and taste may be slightly different. It is best to use fresh kiwi for optimal results.
soniascookin
Hi there!

i am making th appleberry salsa for a cinco de mayo show tonight.
but i couldnt find any kiwi!
I thought maybe substituting a mango.
any thoughts??

Sonia:eek:

I think that mango would be really good:) That salsa is one of my favorites!

That's the fruit I would have chosen. Or maybe something like a papaya.

Tell us how it came out!

it was yummy!
i may make it again to throw into a salad...

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't find any kiwi for your appleberry salsa. That can definitely throw a wrench in the cooking process. As for substituting with mango, I think that could be a great alternative. Mangoes are also a delicious and colorful fruit that would work well in a salsa. Just be sure to adjust the other ingredients accordingly to balance out the flavors. I hope your cinco de mayo show is a success! Happy cooking!

What is a suitable substitute for kiwi in recipes?

Some suitable substitutes for kiwi in recipes include mango, pineapple, and papaya. These fruits have a similar texture and sweetness to kiwi.

Can I use frozen kiwi in recipes?

Yes, frozen kiwi can be used in recipes. Just make sure to thaw it before using it, as the texture and flavor may change slightly when frozen.

What can I use as a replacement for kiwi in fruit salads?

For fruit salads, you can use fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, and grapes as a replacement for kiwi. These fruits will add a pop of color and similar texture to your salad.

Can I substitute kiwi with avocado in recipes?

While avocado may have a similar texture to kiwi, it has a very different flavor profile. It is not recommended to substitute kiwi with avocado in recipes as it may alter the taste of the dish significantly.

Can I use canned kiwi instead of fresh in recipes?

Canned kiwi can be used as a substitute for fresh kiwi in recipes, but the texture and taste may be different. It is best to use fresh kiwi for the best results, but canned kiwi can work in a pinch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mscharf
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • chefnene
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies