• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kitty Litter Cake: April Fools Fun Recipe!

now you are ready to assemble the cake. 8) After poo are done, remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. 9) Once cool, cut into squares or other desired shape and top with the litters. Enjoy!
DebPC
Staff member
Couldn't resist this- could this be adapted to a show? Great April Fools recipe for sure.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6822/104sh.jpg

Kitty Litter Cake

Serving Size: 24

Notes:
This is a fun cake! It might look gross, but it does taste good! Kids and adults alike enjoy this cake. I have made this Kitty Litter Cake for years. This is a fun recipe to make as well, let your kids help you crumble up the cake and put it into the clean kitty litter pan. If you are going to make this Kitty Litter Cake ahead of time, please keep it in the refrigerator.

Ingredients:
1 (18 oz.) box spice or german chocolate cake mix
1 (18 oz.) box white cake mix
1 pkg. white sandwich cookies
1 large box vanilla instant pudding mix
12 small tootsie rolls
1 litter box (preferably a NEW one!)
1 plastic scoop
green food coloring

Preparation:
Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans). Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble. Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in blender, they tend to stick, so scrape often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix using a fork or shake in a jar.
When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. You probably won’t need all of the pudding, mix with the cake and “feel” it, you don’t want it soggy, just moist; gently combine. Put mixture into clean litter box.

Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls and bury in mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top, this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter. Heat remaining Tootsie Rolls, three at a time in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around. Serve with a new pooper scooper.
From kidskusine.com

Oh my gosh, I could never stomach making that, let alone try to eat it! LOL

This is hillarious!!! omg, but I don'to think I can make it in a litter pan with a a scooper, it looks to real!!!!

where would you get a "Kitty litter cake pan" anyway?I would love to make this cake for my husband's scout den for their "graduation celebration" den meeting. They would DIE! I gave them all "pumpkin poop" at Halloween and they just laughed their little-boy heads off. (It was candy-corn, btw.). This would send them over the edge. BOYS!

It's made in a real but new Kitty Litter Pan- so the answer is a pet store! So this would feed a big group.

DebPC said:
It's made in a real but new Kitty Litter Pan- so the answer is a pet store! So this would feed a big group.
ok...now I get it. :) Had to read the directions a few times to really understand the process.
I just showed my son, and he laughed his head off.

Last edited:
DISGUSTING:yuck::yuck::yuck:

it sounds alot like some trifle recipes - cake crumbles/chunked, pudding, broken cookies. It LOOKS disgusting, but I bet it will taste excellent. haha. I'm sorry- I can't wait to pull this on our scout den. teeheehehe

I made this in the past but we used rice for the base and burger then the "poo" was sausage links or bits of sausage. It really looked gross but once they started eating it, was one of the favorite dishes at my halloween party.:love:

Kitty Litter Cake or Casserole (variation)

Ingredients

POOP
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup Bisquick baking mix
1 lb ground beef
1 teaspoon salt

LITTER
2 cups uncooked long grain rice
3 3/4 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons margarine
1 tablespoon soy sauce or 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. In large bowl, mix the dump ingredients together.
2) Mold this mixture into various sizes of poo.
3) Place on ungreased backing pan, do not let POO touch.
4) Bake for 20 minutes (some may have to cook less time if smaller and some a few minutes longer if they are larger).
5) While poo are cooking, mix the litter ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
6) Stir, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
7) Fluff rice with a fork and set pan aside.
8) When poo are done, transfer them onto paper towels to drain.
9) Serve by putting poo into a litter box shaped pan and spooning rice mixture over the poo, leaving some of the poo exposed.
10) Serve these with a NEW pooper scooper.

The casserole sounds good! Maybe this is the start of a "Disgusting Looking But Delicious Tasting Recipe" thread.

I made the kitty litter cake with a aluminum disposable pan (like the kind pizza shop deliver wings in) and I used our Scoop N Drain as the scooper :) It was a hit. I used our manual food processer to chop up the cake, i used a brownie and molded it into kitty waste :)

ok got another one for you....lol

My mother loved to try to make fancy holiday dishes. One year for St. Patricks day she dyed our mashed potatoes kelly green. They looked really cool in the bowl on the table........that is until you added the brown gravy to them............they turned BLACK..........you had to close your eyes to eat them. :yuck:

So I made the cake for my son's last Cub Scout Den meeting last night. There were 2 dens together...about 12 boys plus parents. Here is how it turned out....looked very realistic! I used an aluminum pan and our scoop.Tastes surprisingly good too!

Attachments

• kittyLittercake.jpg
    kittyLittercake.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 870
Reminds me of "dirt" cakes. Made "dirt" for my son's first birthday. It was the messiest cake I could think of and I wanted those super messy first birthday pictures. He went straight from the high chair to the tub.

Great job Bobbi! Your Kitty Litter Cake looks great! The boys must have loved it!r

A "Kitty Litter Cake" is a novelty dessert that's designed to look like a cat's litter box but is entirely edible. It's a fun and somewhat gross-looking dessert that's perfect for themed parties. Here's a recipe for Kitty Litter Cake:Ingredients:For the "Litter Box":
  • 1 box of your favorite cake mix (plus ingredients needed as per the box instructions)
  • 1 box of chocolate pudding mix (plus milk as per the box instructions)
  • 1 package of vanilla sandwich cookies (to resemble cat litter)
  • Green food coloring (optional)
  • Clean plastic cat litter box
  • New plastic cat litter scoop
For the "Cat Litter":
  • Chocolate sandwich cookies or tootsie rolls (to resemble cat feces)
  • Green food coloring (optional)
  • Shredded coconut (to resemble litter deodorizer) - optional
Instructions:For the "Litter Box":
  1. Prepare the cake mix according to the package instructions, adding any necessary ingredients.
  2. Bake the cake in a 9x13-inch cake pan, or a size that fits your litter box, and allow it to cool completely.
  3. While the cake is cooling, prepare the chocolate pudding according to the package instructions and refrigerate to set.
  4. Once the cake has cooled, crumble it into a large bowl. You can add some green food coloring to the cake crumbs if you'd like to give it a "moldy" appearance.
  5. Crush the vanilla sandwich cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor or by placing them in a sealed plastic bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.
  6. Mix the crushed cookies into the cake crumbs, which will resemble the cat litter. If desired, you can add some green food coloring to the mixture.
  7. Carefully transfer the "litter" mixture to the clean plastic cat litter box.
  8. Spread the prepared chocolate pudding over the "litter" to resemble the appearance of a used litter box.
For the "Cat Litter":
  1. You can shape the chocolate sandwich cookies or tootsie rolls to resemble cat feces. These are placed on top of the chocolate pudding in the litter box.
  2. If desired, you can sprinkle some shredded coconut over the top to resemble litter deodorizer.
  3. Place the new plastic cat litter scoop beside the litter box for serving.
The Kitty Litter Cake is now complete. It's a humorous dessert that might elicit both laughter and hesitation from your guests, but it's entirely edible and safe to eat. It's all about the presentation!Please note that this dessert is designed for entertainment and should be clearly labeled as an edible creation.

What ingredients do I need to make a Kitty Litter Cake?

To make a Kitty Litter Cake, you will need a boxed cake mix, chocolate sandwich cookies, vanilla pudding mix, green food coloring, uncooked white rice, and tootsie rolls.

Do I have to use a specific type of cake mix for this recipe?

No, you can use any flavor of boxed cake mix that you prefer. However, chocolate or devil's food cake mixes tend to work best for this recipe.

How do I make the "kitty litter" for the cake?

To make the "kitty litter" for the cake, crush up chocolate sandwich cookies in a plastic bag until they resemble small crumbs. You can also use a food processor for this step.

Can I use a different type of candy instead of tootsie rolls?

Yes, you can use any type of brown or chocolate candy that can be molded into small "poop" shapes. Some options include chocolate covered raisins, chocolate chips, or chocolate covered almonds.

Is this recipe safe to eat?

Yes, this recipe is completely edible. The "kitty litter" is made from crushed cookies and the "poop" is made from candy. However, we recommend letting your guests know that it is just a fun April Fools' Day recipe before they take a bite!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • lacychef