• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the KitchenAid Stand Mixer Worth It? Honest Reviews from Professional Cooks

In summary, a KitchenAid Stand Mixer is a great investment and can be bought for $60 with Mypoints rewards certificates.
ginamkiely
Hi everyone, I figured the best people to ask about this are people who cook for a living.

Does anyone have a KitchenAid Stand Mixer. I'm REALLY thinking about getting one and I can get a $300 one for $60 with all my Mypoints rewards certificates. Do you think it's worth it? I've been wanting one for YEARS and I think it's time I treat myself.

Any opinions would be great!

Thanks and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

For that price, you need to get it!

I just finished watching Oprah's Favorite Things (had it DVR'd) and that was one of them!

I don't have one, but for $60 I think I would cave.

I love my KitchenAid Stand Mixer. There are different lines; some better than others. To the best of my knowledge, though, they're all good.

Oprah is what made me think of it again! (i wish i had enough points for the fridge. lol) I don't think i could let myself pay $300 for it, but $60 i could definitely do, and i can probably get my mom to give me the $ for christmas! lol.

raebates said:
I love my KitchenAid Stand Mixer. There are different lines; some better than others. To the best of my knowledge, though, they're all good.

Rae, I was going to get the Artisan 5 qt, in the breat cancer pink of course. lol

what kind do you have?

My DH got me one for Christmas the first year we were married.....I cried tears of joy! I had always wanted one!
I absolutely love mine - and if you have a chance to get one for that price - get it!

The really cool thing is they last FOREVER! and, I had a friend who gave me the attachments to hers that she had for over 30 years - and all of the attachments still fit and work perfectly! So incredible!

I have no idea what line I've got. I've heard really good things about the Artisan, though.

I just have the basic model I think....

Thanks everyone, I'm going to get it. I've wanted it probably since I was 18 and never got it, for $60 i can't say no. I appreciate the good thoughts, it helps me feel better about it!

I've got the base model, and I love it. And for $60, you can't go wrong!

maybe i'll get the base model then and get some extra attachments with the left over money i'll have. hmmm, now i'm confused (doesn't take much as you can see)

I have the basic that I inherited from Mom. If I were going to go buy one, I'd get the heavy-duty model with dough hooks.

i saw those things, what on earth are they for, they're kinda scary. lol

I rarely do much mixing, so I don't have one. But, my mom has one & loves it!

When I got mine, it was a matter of cost - but also I didn't think that for what I would use it for, I needed the extra HP of the bigger models. Plus - that sucker is heavy......and the bigger models were heavier.But someone who has a different model may be able to tell you more about the differences.Oh - and I have dough hooks - they are great for mixing up bread dough.
I also have the grater, the slicer, and a couple other attachments that I haven't used......not sure what they are!Oh - and the balloon whisk - for mixing up whipped cream, and egg whites! That is awesome!

Last edited:
I have the mixing paddle (standard, I believe), the whisk, and the dough hook. Use them all a lot.

you guys are the best... SERIOUSLY! where else can you go and get all this great information in like 5 MINUTES!

ok so i made my desicion, i'm going to get the Artisan, the Pink one because they donate money to breast cancer research, and i'm going to have to get some more attachments... looks like i better get booking december. lol

thanks again for all your help

raebates said:
I have the mixing paddle (standard, I believe), the whisk, and the dough hook. Use them all a lot.
We knead one with that much power.

I have the Artisan in Black and I love it! I had returned some items to Williams Sonoma (shh!!) and had $300 in store credit....I had to pay $18 in taxes, and there was a $30 rebate on it!! SO THEY PAID ME!

Yes I love it too!! I had been wanting one forever! In fact made my DHs grandmothers cheesecake this morning and I just let the cream cheese mix away!! It was mixing for awhile and I did other things while it did that.

So yes, GET IT!

raebates said:

That is the one I have. I love it!!! Do you know if it has a food processor attachment? I really want one of those.

raebates said:

Ditto here - all on the base model and I have a citrus juicer (which I've used once - sad!)

Mine was a wedding shower gift - love it!!!!!

I did get a 2nd bowl on sale somewhere a few years back...that was nice.

For $60 you are A FOOL not to get it!

My mom got me a kitchen aid a few yrs ago and we absolutly love it we use it all the time for bread

ok that's it, i'm ordering my gift cards now. i can't wait!!! thanks again!

Gina, no matter what you get, you won't go wrong. I have a commercial 5qt Kitchen Aid mixer and I love it. My Mom was a baker and she had one just like it and used to do wedding cakes that were marvelous. When I got married the first time, my brother and sister in law got it for me. Of course, when I moved out, the very first thing I took was that mixer. I use it to do all sorts of things, including the BEST whipped potatoes ever! I also highly recommend getting a book called the Mixer Bible. Its packed with great recipes. Maybe put it on your Chirstmas list!

Mixer Bible... I will definitely put that on my list, that sounds fun.
Thanks...

What is Mypoints and how do you earn them?

MyPoints is a site that gives you points for reading email and going through their site first when you buy things online. You earn points on the purchases and can redeem them for gift cards.Since this is Gina's thread, I'll let her give you her referral link. (You can also earn points for referring friends).

Great question, Jennifer!! Yes, tell us more!

I LOVE MY KITCHENAID MIXER!!!!!!!

You HAVE to get it.......especially at that price.

It is so worth it!! I love mine, especially around the holidays. It makes baking sooooo much easier....

I have the Artesian, and I wish I had spent a little bit more and got the Professional. The Artesian is good for most things I do, but occasionally I wish I had the extra power. My BF and brother both have the Professional, and prefer it to mine.

oh. oh, oh! My DH just got me this for Christmas (yep, I know it's early, but I wanted it for the holiday baking!) and I am seriously in love with it! He got it from amazon.com for $199 and free shipping! So I say if you can get it for $60, jump on it! I have had it just over a week and have already used it 4 times!

jrstephens said:
What is Mypoints and how do you earn them?

My points if the greatest thing ever. All you have to do is go through their site when you shop online and check out websites whenever you want and you get points. I already got a CANON SD-700 for free with my points and within a year i have enough to get my mixer!

if you send me your e-mail address (and name) i can send you a link and i'll get 250 points, trust me it's worth it!

thanks Ann for the refferal, i totally forgot i can do that.

My mother bought me a hand-held Kitchen Aid mixer right after I changed the locks, because so much of the kitchen went away after that. It has tremendous torque and I swear, you can mix concrete with that little hand held unit. I don't know if they make it anymore, but when teamed with the classic batter bowl, it's a great combination for times when I don't need the big one!

I have the Artisan and I absolutely LOVE it!!! :love: It makes my life in the kitchen so much easier and frees my hands up when making those longer to mix items (meringue cookies, whipped cream, made a cheesecake today...) Having my hands free is definitely a bonus with an active 9 month old! :p

I highly recommend the Artisan - and for $60 - what a steal! :D

Oh my Gosh, Get it!!!!! I absolutely love my KA Mixer! PC bought mine for me! It was one of the things we got for a substitution to a trip for an incentive trip years agao! I LOVE MINE! :love: :D
In the words of Ann.... DOOOOO IT!:D ;)

I have had kitchen aid mixers for 35 years, I'm on my 3rd one but I would not get any other. I have the 5 quart bowl capaticy. For $60 that is a steal!
go for it, you won't be sorry.
Jeanette

From one Gina to another ~ BUY IT!!!

I have had a KA since I was 18 years old (like KG - I inherited it from my mom).... I have upgraded twice and now have the 6 1/2 Qt. Professional model in Cobalt Blue.

I do wedding cakes and need a mixer I can rely on (I have burnt up several other brands in my lifetime) I have NEVER had any problems with my KA. Can't say enough good things about them when they come to getting the job done. I put my mixer to the test by beating massive volumes of shorting and sugaralong with 3 cake mixes at a time and mine has never failed me....

At $60.00 even for the 5 Qt. model ~ you can't go wrong....

You could spend that on the KA handheld model:eek: and get far less!!

I am so happy that everyone is so excited about their mixers... I can't wait to get mine in. I just have to wait for my gift cards to come in and i'll be getting it that day. SO EXCITING! i've wanted it for 10 years and i'm finally getting it.

PCGINA said:
I put my mixer to the test by beating massive volumes of shorting and sugaralong with 3 cake mixes at a time and mine has never failed me...
You know, I saw sugaralong in a recipe last week. It must have been one of yours.

:D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You know, I saw sugaralong in a recipe last week. It must have been one of yours.

:D

MAN!!! URONAROLLTODAY!!! :p

Nah, we didn't have any rolls. My SIL does make really good pumpkin bread, though.

I think the motor is going out on mine, it seems like it's struggling lately. I need to contact KA and send it in. They used to have a program where you paid $25 for a round-trip ticket for the mixer and they send you a box complete with packing materials. They will fix it and send it back to you (at least that's what they did for my granny's mixer). I need to check on that.

i just realized that i can use a coupon at linen's and things for the mixer... 20% off $300 is $60... THAT MEANS I"LL GET IT FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can it get any better than that??

Yes, it can get better - if you get a manufacturer's rebate coupon so they PAY you buy one.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Yes, it can get better - if you get a manufacturer's rebate coupon so they PAY you buy one.

HOW DO I GET THAT? I want one! lol

pamperedlinda said:
I think the motor is going out on mine, it seems like it's struggling lately. I need to contact KA and send it in. They used to have a program where you paid $25 for a round-trip ticket for the mixer and they send you a box complete with packing materials. They will fix it and send it back to you (at least that's what they did for my granny's mixer). I need to check on that.

I have heard that too - never had to use it though. For me, it may be cheaper to drive it to the repair center. KA is made just south of where I live. One of the last appliance companies to say "Made in America". Gotta give them credit, kudos, and my business for that!:thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
I have heard that too - never had to use it though. For me, it may be cheaper to drive it to the repair center. KA is made just south of where I live. One of the last appliance companies to say "Made in America". Gotta give them credit, kudos, and my business for that!:thumbup:

thats good to know. i would MUCH rather it be made inthe USA and not china so that the pink paint contains lead and poison's my family through their mashed potatoes. this stuff is getting insane! EVERYTHING should be MADE IN THE U.S.A.!

<h2>1. Is the KitchenAid Stand Mixer worth the investment?</h2><p>It ultimately depends on your personal cooking needs and preferences. Professional cooks often find the KitchenAid Stand Mixer to be a valuable and versatile tool in the kitchen, with its ability to mix, knead, and whip ingredients with ease.</p><h2>2. What sets the KitchenAid Stand Mixer apart from other mixers?</h2><p>The KitchenAid Stand Mixer is known for its powerful motor, durable construction, and variety of attachments that can be used for different cooking and baking tasks. It also comes in a range of colors to match any kitchen aesthetic.</p><h2>3. How does the KitchenAid Stand Mixer perform for heavy-duty tasks?</h2><p>The KitchenAid Stand Mixer is designed to handle heavy-duty tasks such as kneading dough and mixing thick batters. Its powerful motor and sturdy construction make it a reliable choice for professional cooks.</p><h2>4. Is the KitchenAid Stand Mixer easy to clean and maintain?</h2><p>The KitchenAid Stand Mixer is relatively easy to clean, with most of its parts being dishwasher safe. It is recommended to clean it after each use for optimal performance and longevity.</p><h2>5. Can the KitchenAid Stand Mixer be used for more than just baking?</h2><p>Yes, the KitchenAid Stand Mixer has a variety of attachments that can be used for tasks such as grinding meat, making pasta, and even spiralizing vegetables. This makes it a versatile tool in the kitchen for different types of cooking and meal preparation.</p>

1. Is the KitchenAid Stand Mixer worth the investment?

It ultimately depends on your personal cooking needs and preferences. Professional cooks often find the KitchenAid Stand Mixer to be a valuable and versatile tool in the kitchen, with its ability to mix, knead, and whip ingredients with ease.

2. What sets the KitchenAid Stand Mixer apart from other mixers?

The KitchenAid Stand Mixer is known for its powerful motor, durable construction, and variety of attachments that can be used for different cooking and baking tasks. It also comes in a range of colors to match any kitchen aesthetic.

3. How does the KitchenAid Stand Mixer perform for heavy-duty tasks?

The KitchenAid Stand Mixer is designed to handle heavy-duty tasks such as kneading dough and mixing thick batters. Its powerful motor and sturdy construction make it a reliable choice for professional cooks.

4. Is the KitchenAid Stand Mixer easy to clean and maintain?

The KitchenAid Stand Mixer is relatively easy to clean, with most of its parts being dishwasher safe. It is recommended to clean it after each use for optimal performance and longevity.

5. Can the KitchenAid Stand Mixer be used for more than just baking?

Yes, the KitchenAid Stand Mixer has a variety of attachments that can be used for tasks such as grinding meat, making pasta, and even spiralizing vegetables. This makes it a versatile tool in the kitchen for different types of cooking and meal preparation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • susanr613
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Melissa78
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies