• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kitchen Shears - Can They Cut Through Chicken Bones?

In summary, the kitchen shears are very strong and impressive. Guests have asked if the shears are strong enough to cut through chicken bones, and Becky confirms that they are. The shears can also cut through a penny.
chefmelody
We all know how good and strong the kitchen shears are. I saw my director demo them cutting through a can lid, and I've done that at my shows when I can! Very impressive.

In my last two shows, though, I've had guests ask if the shears are strong enough to cut through chicken bones. I've never tried this myself, and have only used it to trim off chicken skin. Has anyone done this? How does it work?

Also, how do the shears sharpen themselves? I've heard they're self-sharpening, but I'm not sure how to explain it.

I do cut chicken with mine ALL the time! I use this as a selling point at my shows - Chicken is cheaper whole - and it's a snap to cut it up with the PC scissors. Or for convenience - buy a deli chicken and you can cut it up so simply to serve!

I believe they are selfsharpened by the way the blades rub against each other- but I would like a 2nd opinion on that first;)

ChefBeckyD said:
I believe they are selfsharpened by the way the blades rub against each other- but I would like a 2nd opinion on that first;)

Becky is correct. So if that little rivet in the middle comes loose, the blades will dull. I had this happen to a customer.

I use the shears for EVERYTHING! I love snipping herbs out of my garden. Some of the plants get so big, its a snap to cut through the stalks.

I just cut roses off my rose bush with them this morning. They are great!!!

They are so great that I tell my guests you need one for the in the house and one for the outdoor use!! If I didn't have two of them, I would never get to use mine!! :)

Okay, this is emabrassing...but I trim the small branches off my christmas tree each year with the shears. It usually geta a laugh, too, at my shows. And yes, I've cut through some pretty knarly bones as well.

It does cut whole bone-in chicken, I was surprised the first time I did it.

It will also cut a penny, one of the guys at our cluster meeting put it to the test. It took some effort on his part and half of it flew somewhere we couldn't find it but it did cut it. I use my shears for everything.

I did a booth at BRU and the CM consultant next to me (a friend who is on my mom board actually) borrowed my shears as she forgot her scissors. When I was packing up I forgot to get them back, I remembered on the way home. I called her and went to her house at 9 o'clock that night to get my shears (I had switched my FT job from that a.m. to that afternoon and had to finish that first), that is how much I love those shears.

As a new consultant, I was told that the shears could cut a penny in half. I shared this with my husband (you know....our poor spouses have to listen to EVERYTHING we learn when we are new). My 4 yr old said, "What are you going to do with half a penny?" :)

Now that is a story I tell whenever I use/show the shears. It gets a laugh and demonstrates how strong our shears are.

Ok, I'm sold. I have not had opportunity to ever try the shears! I will be purchasing them on my very next order! I can't wait!

I have 2 pair, 1 for myself & 1 for hubby. He opens things from the electronics stores ( the things totally encased in sealed plastic:mad: ). I have to admit that I have not cut a chicken bone with them, but have cut EVERYTHING else! :D

Ginger:cool:

I did have a problem with mine when I cut my rose bushes. After I was done there was some nicks in it and now it makes a funny noise when I use it. I am going to be returning it for a refund. Hopefully I just got a defective one!!

Thank you, everyone! I'm still not sure about the self-sharpening... wouldn't the blades rubbing together cause them to dull? But now I can tell my guests that yes, it WILL cut through chicken bones!

What is the strength of Pampered Chef Kitchen Shears?

Our Kitchen Shears are made with high-quality stainless steel blades that are strong and durable. They can easily cut through tough materials like meat, poultry, and vegetables.

Can the Kitchen Shears be used for other tasks besides cutting?

Yes, our Kitchen Shears are versatile and can be used for a variety of tasks such as cracking nuts, opening bottles, and even removing bottle caps.

Are the Kitchen Shears dishwasher safe?

Yes, our Kitchen Shears are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing them to prolong their lifespan.

Do the Kitchen Shears have a comfortable grip?

Yes, our Kitchen Shears have a comfortable and ergonomic grip, making them easy to use for extended periods without causing hand fatigue.

Are the Kitchen Shears covered under any warranty?

Yes, our Kitchen Shears come with a limited lifetime warranty. If you encounter any issues with the strength or performance of your shears, please contact our customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefNic
  • kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
Staci