• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fix Your Sticky Kitchen Shears | Easy Solutions for Kitchen Shear Sticking

In summary, the conversation discusses possible reasons for kitchen shears sticking, ways to prevent sticking, the appropriate use and maintenance of kitchen shears, and safety precautions to take when using them. It is recommended to regularly clean and sharpen the shears and avoid using them for tasks they are not designed for. Safety precautions include keeping fingers away from the blades and using a cutting board, and properly maintaining the shears to avoid accidents or damage.
erica177311
Hi! One of my co-workers said that she had only used her kitchen shears twice, but they keep sticking together everytime she tries to use them. She said that she only used them on lettuce, and she wants to get it replaced. The only problem is she doesn't have her receipt or know who she bought it from...

Thanks!

Did she put them in the dishwasher? That was my problem. You can put them in there but they will stick. Have her put a bit of vegtable oil or olive oil in the "joint" and this should make the sticking stop.

The home office just needs her name and the name of the host of the show where she got them. She just needs to call them and they will be able to help her as long as they are still under guarentee.
I haven't gotten the shears yet so I have no idea what could be causing the problem.

Nicole is right. Mine were sticking, too. I just put the veggie oil in the joint and they haven't stuck since. I do put mine in the dishwasher and don't have any problem.

Me too, I put mine in the dishwasher and over the past 3 years, I've only had to oil the joints one time. I love those shears!!:)

Thanks for the advice. My shears were sticking and I didn't know what to do with them. They're my favorite thing from PC. I use them for everything. Thanks again.

Mine stick every so often, but it's only when I have cut something I probably should not have!

Thank you so much! I will tell her to try the veggie oil and if that doesn't work I will call HO to see if she can get them replaced.

1. Why do my kitchen shears keep sticking?

There are a few possible reasons why your kitchen shears may be sticking. One common reason is that food particles or debris have gotten stuck in the hinge or blades. To prevent this, make sure to thoroughly clean your shears after each use. Another possible reason is that the shears may need to be sharpened. Over time, the blades can become dull and cause sticking. We recommend regularly sharpening your shears to keep them in top condition.

2. How do I prevent my kitchen shears from sticking?

To prevent your kitchen shears from sticking, it is important to properly maintain them. This includes regularly cleaning them after each use and sharpening them when needed. You can also try using a food-safe lubricant, such as cooking oil, on the hinge and blades to help reduce friction and prevent sticking.

3. Can I use my kitchen shears for cutting through bone?

No, we do not recommend using kitchen shears for cutting through bone. They are not designed for this type of heavy-duty use and can become damaged or dulled. It is best to use a designated bone-cutting tool for this task.

4. How do I clean and maintain my kitchen shears?

To clean your kitchen shears, simply wash them in warm, soapy water and dry thoroughly. For tougher debris or food particles, you can use a small brush or toothpick to carefully remove them. To maintain your shears, make sure to regularly sharpen them and avoid using them for tasks they are not designed for, such as cutting through bone.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when using kitchen shears?

Yes, it is important to always use caution when using kitchen shears. Make sure to keep your fingers away from the blades and use a cutting board when possible. Also, never use the shears for tasks they are not designed for, such as opening cans or cutting through bone. And always make sure to properly clean and maintain your shears to prevent any accidents or damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• StacieB
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views
Staci
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies