• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kitchen Shears sticking?

Nov 16, 2005
Hi! One of my co-workers said that she had only used her kitchen shears twice, but they keep sticking together everytime she tries to use them. She said that she only used them on lettuce, and she wants to get it replaced. The only problem is she doesn't have her receipt or know who she bought it from...

Thanks!

Jan 24, 2006
Did she put them in the dishwasher? That was my problem. You can put them in there but they will stick. Have her put a bit of vegtable oil or olive oil in the "joint" and this should make the sticking stop.

barbchan

Mar 16, 2006
The home office just needs her name and the name of the host of the show where she got them. She just needs to call them and they will be able to help her as long as they are still under guarentee.
I haven't gotten the shears yet so I have no idea what could be causing the problem.

amya

Mar 10, 2005
Nicole is right. Mine were sticking, too. I just put the veggie oil in the joint and they haven't stuck since. I do put mine in the dishwasher and don't have any problem.

pamperedbecky

Legacy Member
May 6, 2005
Me too, I put mine in the dishwasher and over the past 3 years, I've only had to oil the joints one time. I love those shears!!:)

Jan 29, 2006
Thanks for the advice. My shears were sticking and I didn't know what to do with them. They're my favorite thing from PC. I use them for everything. Thanks again.

Nov 16, 2005
Thank you so much! I will tell her to try the veggie oil and if that doesn't work I will call HO to see if she can get them replaced.