• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kit Enhancement Discount Qs: Help for New Member

In Summary, Ashley was not able to get her kit enhancement for April because she joined in December and was not active in February.
ashleypc
Im a little confused at the whole kit enhancement deal and was wondering if someone could help me out....
I joined in December. Had 2 shows in jan, nothing in feb, 2 in march and 2 in april. Do i not qualify for the kit enhancement discount since i wasnt active in february?

No you don't. The rule is three in a row. Jan/Feb/March or Feb/March/April. I don't like it either for you but it is how it is.

Would she get it for her "new consultant 4th full month KE" instead? She would have to be active in May, but could she get it then?? ( Normally her 4th month would have been April, but since it was the same as regular KE, it makes her new-consultant KE month MAY instead)Looking at the Policy, it looks like she could get KE in May if she is ACTIVE, yes?
New Consultants are eligible for kit enhancement in their fourth full month of business if they have been active in the three consecutive previous months. If they have been active in only the two previous months, they can submit $150 in personal commissionable sales in the fourth month, and then place a kit enhancement order.
(If your New Consultant kit enhancement month would be April, it will be assigned to May instead.)• A Consultant is considered new in the month
he/she joins or until $150 in commissionable
sales is submitted, at which time they are
considered active.

Thats where i get a little confused because on April 12th i got an email saying congrats on my first 90 days. "In May you can purchase products at 40% off" with a link bringing me to the policy guide but its worded so confusing in the kit enhancement section. It appears that if i qualify in May then ill get to take advantage of KE. Does that sound right?

That is how I read it, yes. If you are Active in May, then you were active the last 3 consecutive months (march, april, may), so you should be eligible for your Kit Enhancement in MAY. Then know that for NEXT year when we all are eligible to get KE in APRIL, you have to be active either Jan-Feb-Mar or Feb-Mar-Apr. :D

Thank you so much for your help!

Nope. Sorry Ashley! If you signed in December, then your first full 3 months were Jan/Feb/Mar. You had to be active in your first full 3 months to qualify for the New Consultant KE in your 4th full month. Your 4th month happened to fall in the regular April KE month, which means PC pushed your New Consultant KE from April to May. So had you been ACTIVE (with at least $150 in sales) for Jan, Feb & Mar ~ you could have had the 4th month New Consultant one in May AND you'd have qualified for the regular one in April too. Since you were not ACTIVE in February, you missed out on them both. :(

Hmmm....that would be a bummer!
Sorry. That IS confusing.I'll go crawl back under my rock. ;)

December gave me the extra 30 day extention as the sign on deal so doesnt that add an extra month? Heres a screen shot of the email i received april 12th.

Attachments

• ke.JPG
    ke.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 432
You could call HO and ask. Or after being active in May, if you go into P3, it will tell you if you are eligible or not. I'm about as confused as you are.

Where would it tell me in p3?

If you don't qualify I don't think it will let you input a kit enhancement order

i just went into p3 and it let me select "kit enhancement" and add stuff without showing an error.

ashleypc said:
i just went into p3 and it let me select "kit enhancement" and add stuff without showing an error.

When i tried to submit it, it told me i cant. Ill call HO tomorrow and ask if I can next month. Thanks for all your help everyone :)

You submitted in January so that was month one for KE qualifying. Unfortunately you skipped Febuary so that disqualified you. You would have had to do jan/Feb/March or Feb/March/April to get your new consultant KE in May. In your case the 4 months involved are the same as the yearly KE. Sorry. I wish it was more clear for all of us. Actually what I really wish is that it was "3 of the 4 months" instead of "3 consecutive months". They are trying to teach consistency but IMHO it comes off as something else.

esavvymom said:
You could call HO and ask. Or after being active in May, if you go into P3, it will tell you if you are eligible or not. I'm about as confused as you are.

I called HO and they said once i submit $150 in commissionable sales this month (may) ill be able to take advantage of KE!!! Wahoo!

I hope that info is right! Unless they are thinking your 4th month was April & May is the regular KE ... I've always understood that the New Consultant KE was the one pushed to May if they fell in the same month. I'd like to know what was behind the "find out how" link in the bottom right hand corner of the e-mail you received. Go read the fine print there to see what it says & verify that the person you spoke to at HO was correct.

I hope so too! The "find out how" link goes to our policy guide. If you read the part on Kit Enhancement, it says something about being eligable in May under certain circumstances. Its a little confusing though so I called HO to find out for sure. The lady I talked to said no at first but then I told her about the email that I received and how it mentions that I can take advantage of 40% off in May. Then she put me on hold, im assuming to ask someone else about it. And then came back saying I can take advantage of May KE as soon as I submit the $150 in commissionable sales! I guess ill find out for sure after next weekend when I submit my first show.

It says in the guide, that if a new person's 4th month would be April, their Kit Enhancement month is moved 1 month, to May. Then she just has to be active for 3 months in a row., which she was after turning a show in, in May.

ChefLoriG said:
It says in the guide, that if a new person's 4th month would be April, their Kit Enhancement month is moved 1 month, to May. Then she just has to be active for 3 months in a row., which she was after turning a show in, in May.

Yes. But there was/is some uncertainty because of when she was active and such. Once she's active for May, we'll find out! Either it will let her, and HO was right, or it won't, and Sheila was right. [url=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php][/URL]

Sometimes I wish it were explained by HO or an upper level person BEFORE I learn that I didn't get a "deal" or qualify for a kit enhancement. I have tried to qualify for things only to find that because I had shows that closed late, I missed my incentives. Is it really my fault that I had a party scheduled on the last day of that month and she didn't want to submit instantly? It does get frustrating some days.

Teresa, sorry that you've missed out on some incentives. :( The rules are at the bottom of each month's "2 show" incentive on how to earn that one. Things like Kit Enhancement are detailed in the policy guide. The original poster is in an uncommon circumstance where she got an extra 30 days AND she normally would have had her 4th month KE in April when the regular one is. I'm curious to see if they pushed it to be active in March/April/May to qualify. Under normal circumstances, it's pretty cut & dry ... 3 consecutive months (Jan/Feb/Mar or Feb/Mar/Apr) for the regular April KE and the "first full 3 months" (which would have been Jan/Feb/Mar) for the New Consultant KE. Her extra 30 days & her 4th month falling in April threw 2 more circumstances in this equation. Never experienced this particular situation ... would LOVE an update to know if the May KE went through or not.

1. What is the Kit Enhancement Discount Qs?

The Kit Enhancement Discount Qs is a special program offered to new members of Pampered Chef, where they can receive discounts on certain products to enhance their starter kit.

2. How does the Kit Enhancement Discount Qs work?

Once you become a new member of Pampered Chef, you will receive a unique code that can be used to redeem discounts on selected products. These codes can be found in your starter kit or can be provided by your consultant.

3. Can I use the Kit Enhancement Discount Qs on any product?

No, the Kit Enhancement Discount Qs can only be used on specific products that have been selected for the program. These products are chosen based on their popularity and usefulness for new members.

4. How many times can I use the Kit Enhancement Discount Qs?

The Kit Enhancement Discount Qs can only be used once per new member. However, you can combine it with other promotions or discounts to maximize your savings.

5. Do I need to use the Kit Enhancement Discount Qs right away?

No, you do not have to use the Kit Enhancement Discount Qs right away. They have an expiration date, so make sure to check the terms and conditions for the specific date. However, we recommend using them as soon as possible to take advantage of the discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
Replies
Views
KateInTheKitchen
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef