1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Kit Enhancement Update

1. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

There are new policies posted, but as I was quickly scanning them, the KE section caught my eye, as I am *patiently* waiting for April...:)

There is much more to it, but here is just one section to be aware:
    • Consultants and Senior Consultants must be active
    for 3 consecutive months in order to submit a Kit
    enhancement order.
    For Example: For April Kit enhancement, Consultants
    and Senior Consultants can be active January - March
    or February - April. In the second case, at least $150
    in personal commissionable sales must be submitted in
    April prior to submitting a Kit enhancement order.

:eek:

This takes effect April 1, with the New Career Path, requirements, etc. So, I can only assume, I am OK this year...

I guess what I need to wrap my head around is, with the new Career Path, even though I have not GONE INACTIVE (losing career sales), I can still be considered not active for any given month.

Hope this is not the same requirement for Season Changeover Paperwork! (couldn't locate that in the policies, but I didn't look too hard, yet).

Mar 9, 2009
  2. dancedivine

dancedivine Member

Oh my gosh! I hope this doesn't apply to me! I signed up in February & qualified 2 weeks after I signed up... I have really been looking forward to April 1st when I can submit my kit enhancement order!!!!

Does anyone know if this applies to everyone - or just new recruits who sign up after April 1st?

Mar 9, 2009
  3. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

I would venture to GUESS that this applies to everyone, just like all the new rules apply to all consultants across the board, whether they signed after April 1 or not.

Mar 9, 2009
  4. dancedivine

dancedivine Member

I just read through the requirements.... They have really gotten strict about it, haven't they? I guess it will apply to *everyone* on April 1st. So, if I qualified at the end of Feb, does that mean I can submit a show in April and get my Kit Enhancement? (The example shows Feb-April...) I sure hope so!!!!

Mar 9, 2009
  5. chefsteph07

I'd say you need to turn something in this month...you should call HO and find out if you are safe, I'd hate for you to miss out on KE.

Mar 9, 2009
  6. dancedivine

dancedivine Member

(Not sure if you're referring to me or the original poster...) But, I'm definitely turning in shows this month! I just hope I can book a couple of shows in April so I can get my kit enhancement with all of my Pampered Chef dollars!

Mar 9, 2009
  7. chefsteph07

Yes, I was referring to you and the original poster...I think as long as you turn something in this month and next you will be fine! Don't worry about it, you'll do great!

Mar 9, 2009
  8. dancedivine

dancedivine Member

I figure if worst come to worst, I'll just do my own catalog party in April & hit up everyone I know for orders.... I don't want to miss out on Kit Enhancement month!

Mar 10, 2009
  9. Thanks for the heads up, I guess I will be hoping that they are not counting January in that and make sure to submit somthing this month and next. :rolleyes:

10. nldavis321

nldavis321 Member Gold Member

sooooo...

if I signed in Dec. Had a catalogs show in Jan. Feb I qualified. March, of course, more shows to be had and submitted! I will be able to participate in KE?

Thanks for your help!

Mar 10, 2009
  11. chefsteph07

If the requirement is 3 consecutive months, it sounds like you are ok if you submit this month.

Mar 10, 2009
  12. chefsteph07

Actually, the way I read the wording from the first post, since you signed in Dec, as long as you are ACTIVE for 3 months consecutive you are able to submit for KE. If anyone signed in Feb and beyond, it sounds like you need to submit $150 every month including April...if you signed in Dec, as long as you are ACTIVE Jan, Feb and march you are ok.

Mar 10, 2009
  13. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

Guess I need to download and print out the new policies. There are a lot of changes that I'm not as well versed on as I need to be!!

Mar 10, 2009
  14. kam

I am wondering how they are going to enforce it THIS year, since Feb is already "gone" for everyone. Kinda hard to read the policy today and submit something back for Feb (even though the cut off is the 15th, it doesn't make sense).

So, I am hoping this is going forward. I mean, here it is March 10th, and I hope they are NOT going to start putting policies into effect retroactively.

If I have a chance today, I may email solution center and ask.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
    Mar 10, 2009
  15. myinnerchef

myinnerchef Member Gold Member

The three-month thing is sort of redundant, isn't it? Every new consultant gets a kit enhancement month in their fourth month.

Mar 10, 2009
  16. Symara

Symara Member Gold Member

where did you find that? When I did a search i got the policies updated for spring 09, but it just says that a new active consultant can get it in April and if your 4 months fall in April then in May. I can't find anything that says qualified for 3 months.
    I didn't qualify until March 3, so three months would be May 3rd?

Mar 10, 2009
  17. nldavis321

nldavis321 Member Gold Member

Yeah, but I want my fourth month AND APRIL!!!! :love:

Mar 10, 2009
  18. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

It's active, not qualified. And the new policy will probably have some clarifications/allowances for this year. (That's wishful thinking on my part, not something that HO has announced.)

Mar 10, 2009
  19. kam

It is on CC, under Frequently Visited links. The first link says Consultant Policy Guide New Career Plan - Effective 4/1/09.

Mar 10, 2009
  20. Symara

Symara Member Gold Member

I found it.

Yeah, it says ACTIVE not qualified. According to it, I became active on Feb 10th when I submitted my first show. So, as long as I submit on in April, I can get the kit after my show is submitted. Then I will also get another opportunity in May since that is my 4th month.

I have e-mailed the solution center to find out for sure if I'm interpretating that correctly.

Mar 10, 2009
  21. kam

I am hoping that too. I just emailed HO (careerplan) to find out if this new requirement applies to THIS year/THIS April...

Mar 10, 2009
  22. rbvernon

rbvernon Member Silver Member

ok i know this is going to sound crazy. what excatlly you get with kit enchancement? this is my first time that i am going to be able to get kit enchancement so i am still not sure about it. i think i have some reading to do =]

Mar 10, 2009
  23. rbvernon

rbvernon Member Silver Member

ok i am reading & found my own answer. sorry that i asked without looking!!

also reading i saw this:
    (200th Cooking Show
    Once you have submitted 200 Cooking Shows, you can order
    one new set of New Consultant Kit products to replace
    samples that have become worn. You will receive information
    on this when you reach the 200 Show milestone)

i thought it was after 100 shows that you could order??

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
    Mar 10, 2009
  24. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Nope it's 200. And it has to be cooking shows/bridals. Catalogue shows and individual orders don't count. I was all excited when I saw I was over 200 until I realized some were cat shows and a couple were individual orders :(

Mar 10, 2009
Have something to add?