• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Makes a Great Conference Workshop? Share Your Favorites!

I
Inomiamenda
I have been gone to a reading summitt for the last three days. When I got home yesterday I had a message on my answering machine from Judy Joel, asking if I would be a workshop presenter at National Conference.
I know that I had just come from some incredibly DULL workshops, and I definitely do NOT want to repeat that experience.
I will know more when I get to talk to the person I am presenting with, but I am hoping ya'll can help me with good suggestions
What are some of your favorite conference workshops and what made them memorable and good?
I am super appreciative of any and all help.
Thanks!!!

That's so exciting! Do you know what you will be talking about?

How COOL Becky!!! Keep us all posted.
...and I'll come to your workshop and hoot & holler for ya'! :D

oooh thanks guys! The workshop is Bookings Abound. There will be 24 of each workshop offered.
I am excited- I am a much better speaker than a writer, but I reeeeaaallllly don't want to bore anyone. Suz.... I will hoot right backatcha!! Thank you guys!

Awesome!!!
Just be excited and share that excitement with your audience - include them when you can. Most of all - have fun - if you're having fun, your crowd will be having fun. Ar eyou in A or B?
I wanna be in your workshop!!!

I am in A. I was hoping you would do the workshop with me, lol.
Can ya switch? j/k ( only partly..)
I just got the contact info for my co-presenter. I sent her an email. To be so disorganized I am such a planner. teehee

HO will give you an outline, but PLEASE do more than just read it! I also love having activities in workshops--sitting for an hour just listening is really boring!

Thanks Deb.. Yes I definitely want to have interactive portions of the presentation. I got the outline.. This will take some planning for sure. I emailed my partner and asked her what she felt MOST comfortable with. I can go with whatever, although from the outline I know I am more confident about certain portions than others. That's just to be expected though.
I really appreciate ya'll's suggestions. Please keep em coming! And my poor team... ay yi yi... I haven't told them that they are going to be my guinea pigs. teehee
Thank you!

Congratulations that is awesome!

Hey Becky, I have a funny story you might consider using some or parts of.

I will not go into the kind of day or week it was but let's just say my rate for accuracy has not been good!!!

Thinking I had a party this Sat. (she rescheduled..I changed everything but my calendar and forgot in my head that we changed the date) I went to deliver the host her packet because I was "running so close to the date of her party"!! The host lives in a large housing complex on the army post. I had the invitation with the address but when I knocked on the door the woman that came to the door was not the host. Long story short...she LOVES Pampered Chef and said to ask the real host if she can crash her party. She is medically discharging and moving across the county but she has my catalog and much more. I too have her e-mail and permanent phone number. Has not seen a catalog in years and we even talked about the opportunity!!!

And all because I had the wrong date, wrong address, etc.!!! Something may never come of it, but something might too!! {Edit this out but even when your head is up your @-- you can work this business!!}:rolleyes:

oooh k. The session is Tuesday of Conference at 1 o'clock.

Congrats! That is awesome! I want to go to your workshop, but I'm track B! :(

Hey Laurie!
Thanks!!
My copresenter replied to my email and said she is still not sure she is going to conference because the flights are so outrageous. uuuhhhh....ummmm....ok, but please let someone know before we go to Disney. She said she would make a decision by June 14, but we are supposed to turn in our outlines by June 4th so everything will be approved before Disney.

How nerve wracking!!! Our flight is $490!!! This is going to be a VERY expensive conference and it is too hard to sell to others right now. The meals not being included and the extra day really add on to the cost, which for us will be a lot more expensive this year.:mad:

I know Ann! My airfare is about $80 more this year! Sign....not sure if I want to book a hellish trip so that I can save $$.

1. What are some key components of a great conference workshop?

A great conference workshop should have a clear and concise title, a well-defined objective or goal, engaging and interactive activities, knowledgeable and experienced presenters, and relevant and up-to-date information.

2. How can presenters make their workshops more interactive and engaging?

Presenters can make their workshops more interactive and engaging by using a variety of teaching methods such as group discussions, hands-on activities, case studies, role plays, and technology tools. Involving the audience in the learning process and encouraging participation can also make the workshop more engaging.

3. What are some common mistakes that presenters make during workshops?

Some common mistakes that presenters make during workshops include not being well-prepared, using too much jargon or technical language, not engaging with the audience, and not allowing enough time for questions and discussions. It is important for presenters to be organized, clear, and open to feedback from the audience.

4. How can conference workshops cater to a diverse audience?

Conference workshops can cater to a diverse audience by addressing a range of topics and perspectives, providing materials and resources in multiple languages, and being sensitive to cultural and personal differences. Presenters should also be open to different learning styles and adapt their teaching methods accordingly.

5. What are some ways to make a conference workshop memorable?

A conference workshop can be made memorable by incorporating unique and interactive activities, providing practical and applicable information, and creating a comfortable and welcoming environment for participants to learn and connect with each other. Including relevant and engaging examples and case studies can also make the workshop more memorable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Inomiamenda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Inomiamenda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • lt1jane