• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated Over Unexpected Changes as Team Leader

In summary, there were issues with tax changes and show submissions that caused some team leaders to lose their title for the month of June. There were also concerns about the new program and its impact on maintaining leadership status. Despite these challenges, some team members still recruited and maintained their director status. There is still some confusion and uncertainty about the new structure and its effects on consultants.
Jennie4PC
This is just a rant so if you dont want to go any farther then that is ok.
I have been a team leader since we switched over to the new program and I have been getting HO leads which are awsome. Well I lost it for the month of June because1 my down lines shows was on hold. She resolved it before she went out of town with the CC BUT as of July 1st our tax changed, so since it was submitted so late on the last day of June she had to deal with the tax change, so because of that I lost team leader for this month.
I also had a show on hold that I submitted on June 30 at 11:30 due to the whole new tax change but I got that taken care of on the 1st.:mad:

Have you called HO about it? Consultant Connection numbers aren't final until the 10th. I always thought that as long as it was submitted by the last of the month, it counted for that month, even if there was an issue, as long as it was resolved within the first few days.

It wasnt resolved until yesterday because she went out of town, and she called me and said the credit card went through but her shows was still on hold. I will be getting HO leads back next month and hopefully I can hold on to them again.

That is my understanding also Noora.

June shows had to be resolved by July 2nd.

Jennie4PC said:
It wasnt resolved until yesterday because she went out of town, and she called me and said the credit card went through but her shows was still on hold. I will be getting HO leads back next month and hopefully I can hold on to them again.

Oh that sucks! :(

I have a feeling we will see ALOT of that happening with the new plan- leaders losing title/pay all the time as downlines fluctuate. It's their way of pushing us to recruit more so we are wide & deep and don't risk losing our level because of one downline with no backups. Not sure I like that, but it is what it is. :(Sorry you missed out. Hopefully you didn't lost much?

The good thing is I did recruit 1 on the 30th of June due to a HO lead.

My director found out she lost her director status, and won't be getting the Directors SAT package. She was really bummed, and it was all because one consultant thought she had submitted a show that was fine, but although the show sales were over $150 - the COMMISSIONABLE sales were only $146. :eek: The worst part was that the consultant was w/in $200 of her career sales of $15,000, and is now inactive, and has to start over! I would cry.:cry: You really have to keep on your toes with this new structure!

Becky- she should still get the package. My director sent out an email reminding everyone that all directors who started the new career plan as directors get to keep their titles until July 31. And since the packages ship at the end of July, no one will lose out on them.
We did a whole cluster director call with a sales manager from the HO on this as one of our director calls a couple of months ago. ( my director is an exec, so there are quite a few of us.)
Hope this helps ease that ouchie!

beckyjsmith said:
Becky- she should still get the package. My director sent out an email reminding everyone that all directors who started the new career plan as directors get to keep their titles until July 31. And since the packages ship at the end of July, no one will lose out on them.
We did a whole cluster director call with a sales manager from the HO on this as one of our director calls a couple of months ago. ( my director is an exec, so there are quite a few of us.)
Hope this helps ease that ouchie!
I'll have to let her know that! She just found out yesterday, because she was gone on vacation. She thought everything was okay when she left, and came home to this news! She was bummed, because she's been a director for 11 years, and this would be the first time it ever happened!Thanks!

yes, she should still get the director SAT package. I heard from two different NEDs that anyone who entered the new plan as a director will still get them.

We have a lot of Directors from our cluster losing their directorship. It's very sad.

ChefBeckyD said:
I'll have to let her know that! She just found out yesterday, because she was gone on vacation. She thought everything was okay when she left, and came home to this news! She was bummed, because she's been a director for 11 years, and this would be the first time it ever happened!

Thanks!

No problem. :D Glad I could bring some good news. She doesn't lose her title unless she fails to perform as a director for 3 straight months, so she still gets the privileges, just not the pay. It is a little confusing.
I hate that anyone lost their directorship. Hopefully they will be able to build it back quickly, especially since they at least get to keep their consultants.

Oh...how sad to lose the career sales because of $4 !!!
ChefBeckyD said:
My director found out she lost her director status, and won't be getting the Directors SAT package. She was really bummed, and it was all because one consultant thought she had submitted a show that was fine, but although the show sales were over $150 - the COMMISSIONABLE sales were only $146. :eek: The worst part was that the consultant was w/in $200 of her career sales of $15,000, and is now inactive, and has to start over! I would cry.:cry: You really have to keep on your toes with this new structure!
Afterthought here:
How was she able to submit that as a Show if it was only $146 in sales? Wouldn't it flag in P3 that it wasn't a qualified show?? I guess I'm confused on that part. I realize some of the Host items don't count, but she wouldn't have even had host benefits until it hit $150, right?

esavvymom said:
Oh...how sad to lose the career sales because of $4 !!!

Afterthought here:
How was she able to submit that as a Show if it was only $146 in sales? Wouldn't it flag in P3 that it wasn't a qualified show?? I guess I'm confused on that part. I realize some of the Host items don't count, but she wouldn't have even had host benefits until it hit $150, right?

Past Host benefit brought it over $150.

I know that several people seem to be "losing" titles, etc. I almost hate to say this...but the program really means that we have to be in touch with our teams and know what's going on. I know that it sounds callous...it's not meant to. I know that all the changes are hard to adjust to, but remember that no title will officially change in the first month...just the paid as level. While that can be a tough pill to swallow...it's not as bad as you may think.
For the girl that was close to her $15,000...the career sales aren't lost the first month of inactivity...checked her performance details and see what it says! :)

ChefKrisB said:
I know that several people seem to be "losing" titles, etc. I almost hate to say this...but the program really means that we have to be in touch with our teams and know what's going on. I know that it sounds callous...it's not meant to. I know that all the changes are hard to adjust to, but remember that no title will officially change in the first month...just the paid as level. While that can be a tough pill to swallow...it's not as bad as you may think.
For the girl that was close to her $15,000...the career sales aren't lost the first month of inactivity...checked her performance details and see what it says! :)

It was her 2nd month.

oh shoot! That's really sad!!!

ChefKrisB said:

I do think it was designed to force teams to stay in touch! That has been such a sore point to a lot of downlines, that they don't hear much from their upline! I think it will take some getting use to, but the good news is you never loose your people for good!! I lost my entire team last year due to illness. No way of ever getting them back! That can't happen now!

Kris- did you walk at Leadership also? I also promoted to director 12/1/08 and promoted to Advanced July 1, so I will be walking again. Are you going to NC?
Congrats!!!!

Congrats Kris and Beckyjsmith! That is fabulous! Whooo Hoooo!!

I see you have 1 year Beckyjsmith....may I walk the same path with the same success as you! He He

Laurie- you totally can! Actually it's more like 17 months but I could not figure out how to put that. :)
Thank you!

1. How do I handle unexpected changes as a team leader?

Unexpected changes can be frustrating, but as a team leader, it's important to remain calm and adaptable. Take a step back and assess the situation before reacting. Communicate openly with your team and discuss potential solutions. Remember to stay positive and be willing to compromise.

2. How can I effectively communicate changes to my team?

Communication is key when it comes to handling changes as a team leader. Be transparent and honest about the reasons for the changes and how they will impact the team. Keep an open line of communication and listen to any concerns or suggestions from your team. This will help create a sense of trust and understanding.

3. What if my team is resistant to the changes?

It's natural for some team members to resist changes, especially if they were unexpected. As a team leader, it's important to address any concerns and provide reassurance. Explain the benefits of the changes and how it will ultimately benefit the team. Also, be open to feedback and consider incorporating suggestions from your team.

4. How can I maintain team morale during unexpected changes?

During times of change, it's important to keep team morale high. Be positive and provide encouragement to your team. Acknowledge their hard work and the challenges they may be facing. Consider organizing team-building activities or offering incentives to boost morale.

5. How can I prevent unexpected changes from happening in the future?

Unfortunately, unexpected changes are inevitable in any job or industry. However, as a team leader, you can try to anticipate potential changes and be proactive in addressing them. Stay informed about any updates or changes within the company and communicate them to your team. Also, have a backup plan in place in case of unexpected changes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
GinaG623
  • Careyann
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • Sheila