• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Decadent Killer Brownie Recipe | Chewy, Chocolaty Squares of Goodness!

In summary, this recipe offers a delicious, chewy, buttery, chocolaty brownie with espresso powder for added richness, but can be omitted if desired. The original recipe did not call for espresso powder, so it can be left out if desired.
Knock, knock??

who's there??

Dill??

Dill Who??

Dill we meet again!!!!!

chefmeg said:
Knock, knock??

who's there??

Dill??

Dill Who??

Dill we meet again!!!!!

OMG- smart AND funny! I'm sitting here chucking at this joke and can't stop.

I have one for you...

How do you fix a broken tomato?

With Tomato Paste! :) :D

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_219.gif

too cute!

Kitchen Diva said:
OMG- smart AND funny! I'm sitting here chucking at this joke and can't stop.

I have one for you...

How do you fix a broken tomato?

Comedy must come from your side of the family :)

I do like coke, I buy what is on sale. I like Diet coke ( with vitamins and minerals) whatever the heck that means~ ha I bought Big K cola ( Kroger brand if ya'll have a Kroger) and my son said are we poor and I asked why and he said I thought only poor people drank Big K. I said I just wanted to try it b/c a 2 liter was .59 cents compared to Pepsi and Coke that was 1.59 a 2 liter that day. I couldn't tell a difference, but I don't drink much soda, I love iced tea and my Crystal Light lemonades.

I LOVE Mexican, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!! Love Italian too, but I am a Casagrande so I have to love it. Love all that Italian bread, but it does not love my waistline, however. I was a size 0 when I met DH, was a size 4 when we got married, a size 6-8 when I got pregnant and after being pregnant for 2 years straight, I went on weight watchers and am now a size 1-2.
I am not a big drinker anymore, was in college, then got alcohol poisening and didn't drink for a long time. I do enjoy the occassional martini or margarita and getting my groove on!!! I got hammered this past new years , after not drinking for quite a while and got as sick as a dog ( DH reminds me quite often) was sick for 2 days. I didn't drink or could not even smell beer or booze for 3 months. My dad ( who is alive, but dead to me) is a drunk and my sister ( who is also dead to me) is a functioning alcoholic.

I didn't have all the ingrediants for the killer brownies, but am going to the store tonight and need to make 3 batches to get over the news of my son's girlfriends mom calling and telling me she came home from work early and found them in the girlfriends bedroom ( ay carumba!!!) They were not having sex, but they weren't playing scrabble either!!!! I will need a drink or too as well. This is probably a discussion for a whole other thread!!

With Tomato Paste! :) :D
Comedy must come from your side of the family :)

I do like coke, I buy what is on sale. I like Diet coke ( with vitamins and minerals) whatever the heck that means~ ha I bought Big K cola ( Kroger brand if ya'll have a Kroger) and my son said are we poor and I asked why and he said I thought only poor people drank Big K. I said I just wanted to try it b/c a 2 liter was .59 cents compared to Pepsi and Coke that was 1.59 a 2 liter that day. I couldn't tell a difference, but I don't drink much soda, I love iced tea and my Crystal Light lemonades.

I LOVE Mexican, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!! Love Italian too, but I am a Casagrande so I have to love it. Love all that Italian bread, but it does not love my waistline, however. I was a size 0 when I met DH, was a size 4 when we got married, a size 6-8 when I got pregnant and after being pregnant for 2 years straight, I went on weight watchers and am now a size 1-2.
I am not a big drinker anymore, was in college, then got alcohol poisening and didn't drink for a long time. I do enjoy the occassional martini or margarita and getting my groove on!!! I got hammered this past new years , after not drinking for quite a while and got as sick as a dog ( DH reminds me quite often) was sick for 2 days. I didn't drink or could not even smell beer or booze for 3 months. My dad ( who is alive, but dead to me) is a drunk and my sister ( who is also dead to me) is a functioning alcoholic.

I didn't have all the ingrediants for the killer brownies, but am going to the store tonight and need to make 3 batches to get over the news of my son's girlfriends mom calling and telling me she came home from work early and found them in the girlfriends bedroom ( ay carumba!!!) They were not having sex, but they weren't playing scrabble either!!!! I will need a drink or too as well. This is probably a discussion for a whole other thread!!

Good luck with the DS! When DSS (dear step son) lived with us, we found him doing things that only doctors and husbands should be doing to women...

I don't envy you the discussion you have to have with him. I'm pretty sure that chocolate can help you get through that! :)

Kacey, watch the tea intake if tannins give you a headache. Tea is full of tannins, which is why you're not supposed to drink it when you have a sore throat.

chefann said:
Kacey, watch the tea intake if tannins give you a headache. Tea is full of tannins, which is why you're not supposed to drink it when you have a sore throat.
I was wondering why my headaches have been increasing lately! Shoot! Does black tea have tannins?

I'm going to go cry now- I can't drink lemonade without needing a bottle of heart burn pills, I can't drink wine, can't drink tea, can't drink the koolaid... I'm going to go and throw myself a pity party!

Merego...I like your reasoning (way back on page 1)...I may make a pan myself! :)

Last edited:
Kitchen Diva said:
I was wondering why my headaches have been increasing lately! Shoot! Does black tea have tannins?

I'm going to go cry now- I can't drink lemonade without needing a bottle of heart burn pills, I can't drink wine, can't drink tea, can't drink the koolaid... I'm going to go and throw myself a pity party!
I know black tea does, not sure about white or green. The tannins may be a result of the oxidation that turns white or green tea leaves into black tea. Just cut down on your consumption of the sweet tea, and you should be OK. (Maybe 1 glass of tea, then a glass of plain water, etc.)

Hey don't feel bad Kacey - I can't drink anything with aspartame - makes me VERY, VERY ill, and guess what???? Practically everything has aspartame in it!!! I can't drink milk (too much lactose causes real issues), try not to drink soda, trying to avoid the caffeine...tea isn't my cup of tea, coffee I only like flavored, not black and trying to avoid the caffeine again. I'm pretty much down to lemonade, Kool-aid and water!!!!

Kitchen Diva said:

Don'y cry or you'll make me cry and he PMS and DS situation has made me cry enough already for one day :cry: :cry:
hmmmm, what can you drink besides water that?? Let me ponder that while I eat an entire pan of brownies.
DS swears he has not had sex and DH ( his step-dad) says he believes him and I should too. I know what I was doing at his age and I can only pray he has listened to my wisdom :)
Off to eat some more brownies now.:chef:

Ok, leave it to this forum to turn a Killer Brownie thread into Sex Talk!!!!I don't envy you though Meredith...although DH has a really funny story about his dad "supposedly" catching him! ;)

Kacey: FYI..
Teas: I've found that one mug of green tea, though highly phenolic, seems to be okay for me. The tannins/phenols are different from black-tea tannins, and do not seem to be too bad. Many studies have shown that there are great health benefits from the polyphenols in green tea. Whether these benefits apply to those of us who are sensitive to polyphenols or not, I just do not know. I know I hate migraines, so I generally avoid polyphenols, but one mug of green tea in the cold winter months doesn't seem to do me harm. Drinking three mugs, though, has resulted in migraine. Check the ingredients on the boxes of "green tea." Many green teas in the supermarkets are cut with black teas or herbal teas, and some have additives like "natural flavors.". You only want green tea -- nothing else. And don't let it sit around too long after you brew it -- tannins form as it sits (noticeable by it's changing, deepening color).
Lemon grass herb tea, as long as there are no other tannin-containing herbs included, is fine.
Ginseng is (probably) fine - check other ingredients.

What about fresh squeezed OJ???

Janet...
Sorry, didn't mean to turn this thread into sex talk, stress makes me eat chocolate and I am so stressed :) DS swears he has been to "boob town" and that is it. that was TMI for this mom.

janetupnorth said:
Hey don't feel bad Kacey - I can't drink anything with aspartame - makes me VERY, VERY ill, and guess what???? Practically everything has aspartame in it!!! I can't drink milk (too much lactose causes real issues), try not to drink soda, trying to avoid the caffeine...tea isn't my cup of tea, coffee I only like flavored, not black and trying to avoid the caffeine again. I'm pretty much down to lemonade, Kool-aid and water!!!!

Wow - and I'm a big Drinker!

Of coffee & tea.:D Absolutely adore coffees of all kinds, and am always on the search for the perfect cup. (not coffee drinks - just coffee) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Green Tea. Love it Hot, Love it Cold. I like plain green tea, but I also have a couple favorites that I drink quite a bit - Constant Comment Green Tea from Bigelow, and Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Green Tea (this one is only avail. during the Christmas Holiday season, so I have to stock up and hoard it!)

I very occasionally drink juice, and even less occasionally drink Sprechers Root Beer.....and other than that, I love to drink water! Oh - and since discovering Spa Water, I guzzle that stuff!
But, I pretty much save my calories for food - my love affair with food (And the fact that most sweet drinks are either full of HFCS, or artificial sweeteners, and I don't do either) overrules any other drinking I may do!

Becky, have you ever seen a copy of the Stash Tea catalog? It's soooooo cool!! They have huge charts of many different kinds of tea: black, blended, flavored, green, white, Indian, oolong, herbal (no tea whatsoever in it), the list goes on... They also have various cookies, honeys, teapots and mugs. You can see their stuff and order a hard copy catalog at Stash Tea.

chefann said:
Becky, have you ever seen a copy of the Stash Tea catalog? It's soooooo cool!! They have huge charts of many different kinds of tea: black, blended, flavored, green, white, Indian, oolong, herbal (no tea whatsoever in it), the list goes on... They also have various cookies, honeys, teapots and mugs. You can see their stuff and order a hard copy catalog at Stash Tea.

Ooohhhh! I love Stash! My mom always gets me a bunch of different individual flavors for my stocking each year for Christmas!

Thanks for the Link, Ann!

merego said:
Janet...
Sorry, didn't mean to turn this thread into sex talk, stress makes me eat chocolate and I am so stressed :) DS swears he has been to "boob town" and that is it. that was TMI for this mom.

Really, I'm not offended, just think it is hilarious!

...and sympathizing with your stress on the situation and VERY thankful mine are 7 and 4 1/2. That age will come WAY too early!!!!

I hope Dad was threatening enough and he told the truth! ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow - and I'm a big Drinker!

Of coffee & tea.:D Absolutely adore coffees of all kinds, and am always on the search for the perfect cup. (not coffee drinks - just coffee) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Green Tea. Love it Hot, Love it Cold. I like plain green tea, but I also have a couple favorites that I drink quite a bit - Constant Comment Green Tea from Bigelow, and Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Green Tea (this one is only avail. during the Christmas Holiday season, so I have to stock up and hoard it!)

I very occasionally drink juice, and even less occasionally drink Sprechers Root Beer.....and other than that, I love to drink water! Oh - and since discovering Spa Water, I guzzle that stuff!
But, I pretty much save my calories for food - my love affair with food (And the fact that most sweet drinks are either full of HFCS, or artificial sweeteners, and I don't do either) overrules any other drinking I may do!

What is funny is that our In Pursuit Guys (yes, all guys this year - see our blog link below then go to Fort Wilderness from there to see what In Pursuit is)...anyway, the guys, especially one fell in love with tea this year. They made every kind imaginable at the Nature Center and while doing studies. The one guy would carry tins of various kinds of teas around. I actually have tried a few, the "flavor" of straight tea just hasn't grown on me yet. I can handle mint and a few fruity ones.

Coffee...the coffee flavor itself took me awhile to get used to and I will never drink black coffee, but load it with all kinds of stuff and I'll drink it.

I like Java Chip with Irish Cream and other flavor syrups...or mixes like that...

I've got a tin of German Chocolate Cake flavored Stash tea. It's got coconut in it. Smells better than it tastes. But it's a dessert tea, so it's better with milk and sugar than plain. (Never use cream in tea, it's too heavy and overpowers the flavor of the tea.) Some of my favorites from Stash are Christmas Eve (herbal) and Christmas Morning, Double Bergamot Earl Grey, Wintermint (herbal), Peppermint (herbal), Orange Spice, and Sandman PM (herbal, chamomile-based, so it's very relaxing - similar to Sleepytime from Celestial Seasonings, but I think it tastes better).

chefann said:
I've got a tin of German Chocolate Cake flavored Stash tea. It's got coconut in it. Smells better than it tastes. But it's a dessert tea, so it's better with milk and sugar than plain. (Never use cream in tea, it's too heavy and overpowers the flavor of the tea.) Some of my favorites from Stash are Christmas Eve (herbal) and Christmas Morning, Double Bergamot Earl Grey, Wintermint (herbal), Peppermint (herbal), Orange Spice, and Sandman PM (herbal, chamomile-based, so it's very relaxing - similar to Sleepytime from Celestial Seasonings, but I think it tastes better).
The ones I put in red are also some of my favorite Stash Teas!:love: :love: :love:Oh - and I learned to love tea when my college roommate, who was from South Africa, and very British in her ways, used to make me a pot of tea during stressful finals weeks, and other times of crisis.....a pot of tea was her answer for all of life's little trials....and some big ones too.And you always pour the milk first, and then add the tea from the pot - which had been steeping with a tea cosy over it!I miss her - wish we lived closer to each other!

Last edited:
Hmm...now I need to go shopping for Mom's Birthday!!!! She loves tea.Is there one that you would consider comparable to the flavors of the Pampered Chef Tea? Her and my dad when he was alive LOVED our PC tea. Of course, I didn't sell PC back then...I could have made a lot off of my dad - he-he!

janetupnorth said:
Hmm...now I need to go shopping for Mom's Birthday!!!! She loves tea.

Is there one that you would consider comparable to the flavors of the Pampered Chef Tea? Her and my dad when he was alive LOVED our PC tea. Of course, I didn't sell PC back then...I could have made a lot off of my dad - he-he!

Try the orange-spice....that would be fairly close.

Oh I love tea too!! When I go to England I take an empty case just so I can fill it with tea. Customs must think I'm crazy :)

I think there's a mango, too, that would be similar. I haven't ordered from Stash in a long time, because I have a bunch in my, well, stash. :)The iced tea served at The Cheesecake Factory tastes a heck of a lot like the PC tea.

I think I'm going to try Mango Passionfruit, Orange Spice and Wintermint for her. I hope she likes them!

janetupnorth said:
I think I'm going to try Mango Passionfruit, Orange Spice and Wintermint for her. I hope she likes them!
Mmmmmmm...that's a good selection!

The mango would make a really nice iced tea.

janetupnorth said:
I feel a little better. I love grape koolaid, but it seems that any type of flavored water brings the heartburn up to a small forest fire! I'll have to see if I can find a green tea that I like the flavor of. The tea I'm making is black tea! I love lemonade, but that gives me heartburn, and so does OJ- so I guess it's just water and milk with ovaltine in it! :)

janetupnorth said:
Really, I'm not offended, just think it is hilarious!

...and sympathizing with your stress on the situation and VERY thankful mine are 7 and 4 1/2. That age will come WAY too early!!!!

I hope Dad was threatening enough and he told the truth! ;)

My life is novel, I swear I should write a book :) the drama continued last night with someone getting his facebook password and making some not so nice changes on it, so drama, drama.... I had to get of this website and handle that situation. I got all my facts then called some parents, I love these parents who are so in denial over their kids. "Not my child". I am the first to admit my child can be an idiot, love him, he's my son, but I never said he was perfect, nor am I. maybe these parents "perfect" kids should learn to cover their tracks better!!!! Ok, now we are really off the killer brownie recipe thread :) I did go to the grocery with my 14 month DS this morning to buy ingrediants for the killer brownies and I was thinking "please stay this cute little age forever and never grow up".
DH says he believes older DS did not have sex so I am trusting that.

Kacey... I drink Carnation Instant Breakfast, they are yummy and have lots of nutrients, you should try those.:D

well, I asked DH if he wanted to take the brownies to work on Friday (they have snacks all day since they skip lunch and leave early) and he said 'NO, I have already has requests for the Cheesy Bacon Bites!"
So off I went to the store to day for crescent rolls and real bacon bits......I told him he HAD to take catalogs in and get orders!

merego said:
My life is novel, I swear I should write a book :) the drama continued last night with someone getting his facebook password and making some not so nice changes on it, so drama, drama.... I had to get of this website and handle that situation. I got all my facts then called some parents, I love these parents who are so in denial over their kids. "Not my child". I am the first to admit my child can be an idiot, love him, he's my son, but I never said he was perfect, nor am I. maybe these parents "perfect" kids should learn to cover their tracks better!!!! Ok, now we are really off the killer brownie recipe thread :) I did go to the grocery with my 14 month DS this morning to buy ingrediants for the killer brownies and I was thinking "please stay this cute little age forever and never grow up".
DH says he believes older DS did not have sex so I am trusting that.

Kacey... I drink Carnation Instant Breakfast, they are yummy and have lots of nutrients, you should try those.:D

Sounds like the drama we had with my DH's son- except ours was the idiot- and he was making terroristic threats on a certain gang of kids at school...

well this one kid wants to fight him ( DS could kick his butt), however, I don't approve of fighting, plus his mom is an attorney and we can not afford to be sued right now ( or ever for that matter). I can't beleive that the drama with HS boys is more than what the girls have. I am so over thisa nd glad school is out tomorrow. I want to call this boys mother again, but DS asked me to stay out of it for now and promised he would not fight even though he is getting called names for not fighting. I told him he is the better person for walking away and being smart about it. My son can be an idiot but he is a good kid, just always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. :(
I am the first to admit when he is wrong, but if he is right, I will defend him to the death!!

Oh bummer! I was sort of hoping to make these tonight, but I don't have a lot of those ingredients. I don't have Special Dark Cocoa or chocolate chips, or espresso powder (?). I guess I'll sleep better, though.

JAE said:
Oh bummer! I was sort of hoping to make these tonight, but I don't have a lot of those ingredients. I don't have Special Dark Cocoa or chocolate chips, or espresso powder (?). I guess I'll sleep better, though.

you could come over and get the ingredients from me!

I think you could come over here and bring me the ingredients when you're visiting your mom.

I really shouldn't make the brownies because tomorrow morning I'll be getting my initial testing on the Wii Fit. My SIL called to invite me over to play her Wii after the kids go off to school. I guess I'll get weighed and it will tell me my BMI and then I'll do fitness testing. But, if you want to come by, I'll make sure I'm home.

chefann said:

So awesome, just went and checked out the website and I think I'm in heaven. I just sent for a catalog! Their prices are very cheap (well, maybe not compared to Walmart, but you can't find this stuff there!!). Will be buying from there sometime soon!

If you order from them, use the code that will be in the book for money off your first order. They also have (or at least HAD) an email newsletter that had coupon codes occasionally.

chefann said:
If you order from them, use the code that will be in the book for money off your first order. They also have (or at least HAD) an email newsletter that had coupon codes occasionally.

I looked up all the coupon codes and only the $5 off your first order one still will work...I wasn't spending enough to use it though...

The code is: K6

<h2>1. What inspired you to create this "Killer Brownie" recipe?</h2><p>I stumbled upon a highly rated brownie recipe on Allrecipes.com and decided to put my own spin on it to make it even better.</p><h2>2. What makes these brownies different from traditional brownie recipes?</h2><p>These brownies are chewy and decadent, with a combination of both unsweetened and dark cocoa powder, a hint of cinnamon, and the addition of espresso powder for a rich and bold flavor.</p><h2>3. Can these brownies be made with low-fat ingredients?</h2><p>No, these brownies are meant to be rich and indulgent. The use of butter, both white and brown sugar, and chocolate chips make them a true indulgence.</p><h2>4. Are the pecans necessary in this recipe?</h2><p>No, the pecans are optional but add a nice crunch and complement the chocolate flavors. You can omit them if you have a nut allergy or simply prefer a nut-free brownie.</p><h2>5. How should I store these brownies?</h2><p>Store these brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. For longer storage, you can wrap them tightly and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature before serving.</p>

1. What inspired you to create this "Killer Brownie" recipe?

I stumbled upon a highly rated brownie recipe on Allrecipes.com and decided to put my own spin on it to make it even better.

2. What makes these brownies different from traditional brownie recipes?

These brownies are chewy and decadent, with a combination of both unsweetened and dark cocoa powder, a hint of cinnamon, and the addition of espresso powder for a rich and bold flavor.

3. Can these brownies be made with low-fat ingredients?

No, these brownies are meant to be rich and indulgent. The use of butter, both white and brown sugar, and chocolate chips make them a true indulgence.

4. Are the pecans necessary in this recipe?

No, the pecans are optional but add a nice crunch and complement the chocolate flavors. You can omit them if you have a nut allergy or simply prefer a nut-free brownie.

5. How should I store these brownies?

Store these brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. For longer storage, you can wrap them tightly and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • stefani2