• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Decadent Killer Brownie Recipe | Chewy, Chocolaty Squares of Goodness!

In summary, this recipe offers a delicious, chewy, buttery, chocolaty brownie with espresso powder for added richness, but can be omitted if desired. The original recipe did not call for espresso powder, so it can be left out if desired.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Okay for all of you who have asked that I post my killer brownie recipe - here it is...but first, a disclaimer and explanation.

This recipe started innocently as a highly rated recipe on Allrecipes.com (a favorite haunt of mine) but I, of course figured I could make it even better, and ended up changing so much in it, that it now qualifies as an original recipe of mine! So, here you go....enjoy! (Oh - and if you like low fat, cake-like brownies, you can totally skip these chewy, buttery, chocolaty squares of decadent goodness!)

KILLER BROWNIES

INGREDIENTS

* 1 cup butter, melted
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 1 Cup brown sugar, packed
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon espresso powder
* 4 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2/3 cup unsweetened Hersheys Special Dark cocoa powder
* 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (regular)
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 cup toasted, chopped pecans (optional)

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
2. Combine the melted butter, sugar, espresso powder, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each, until thoroughly blended.
3. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until blended. Stir in the chocolate morsels & nuts. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish.
4. Bake in preheated oven until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove, and cool pan on wire rack before cutting.

Ooh...will have to try them this summer (when I can handle eating a few extra calories)!I have to recover from over-exercising this last week!It's amazing what muscles hurt when you don't use them in awhile! My whole back is sore from smacking a softball...

LOL - I was just sitting here thinking the same thing about muscles...but my aches and pains come from putting in my whole garden today. Used muscles I haven't used all winter, apparently:cry: .

I gained an inch around my waist just reading your recipe!

But good lawwwwwd they sound yum.

wow. too bad I'm trying to LOSE weight. :D

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay for all of you who have asked that I post my killer brownie recipe - here it is...but first, a disclaimer and explanation.

This recipe started innocently as a highly rated recipe on Allrecipes.com (a favorite haunt of mine) but I, of course figured I could make it even better, and ended up changing so much in it, that it now qualifies as an original recipe of mine! So, here you go....enjoy! (Oh - and if you like low fat, cake-like brownies, you can totally skip these chewy, buttery, chocolaty squares of decadent goodness!)

KILLER BROWNIES

INGREDIENTS

* 1 cup butter, melted
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 1 Cup brown sugar, packed
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon espresso powder
* 4 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2/3 cup unsweetened Hersheys Special Dark cocoa powder
* 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (regular)
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 cup toasted, chopped pecans (optional)

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
2. Combine the melted butter, sugar, espresso powder, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each, until thoroughly blended.
3. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until blended. Stir in the chocolate morsels & nuts. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish.
4. Bake in preheated oven until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove, and cool pan on wire rack before cutting.

Quick question- I have a slight aversion to coffee, and can taste it in a LARGE mug of hot cocoa that was stirred with a spoon that just got finished stirring coffee....that's how sensitive I am to the taste of coffee/espresso... do these taste like coffee at all? Even just the slightest hint?

I'm totally not trying to be a pain in the butt-but these look good, and even though I'm not a dark chocolate fan, I totally want to try these, but if I don't put the espresso powder in, what should I substitute for it?

Thanks for the recipe!

Kacey...you have entirely too many aversions! What's up with that????

mmmmmm

Recipe saved! I'll be making these real soon. Thanks for sharing.

Kitchen Diva said:
Quick question- I have a slight aversion to coffee, and can taste it in a LARGE mug of hot cocoa that was stirred with a spoon that just got finished stirring coffee....that's how sensitive I am to the taste of coffee/espresso... do these taste like coffee at all? Even just the slightest hint?

I'm totally not trying to be a pain in the butt-but these look good, and even though I'm not a dark chocolate fan, I totally want to try these, but if I don't put the espresso powder in, what should I substitute for it?

Thanks for the recipe!

Kacey - the original recipe didn't call for espresso powder, so I would think you could leave that out. I wouldn't want you to ruin a pan of brownies! I can't really tell you if they taste like coffee - I LOVE coffee, and so probably don't notice the flavor. I added the coffee and cinnamon to deepen and enhance the flavor of the chocolate. Also - the original recipe didn't call for dark chocolate, so if you wanted to, you could also use all regular cocoa. Of course, at that point, you are teetering into the dangerous territory of making it a totally different recipe - but, hey, that's what recipes are for!:thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
Kacey - the original recipe didn't call for espresso powder, so I would think you could leave that out. I wouldn't want you to ruin a pan of brownies! I can't really tell you if they taste like coffee - I LOVE coffee, and so probably don't notice the flavor. I added the coffee and cinnamon to deepen and enhance the flavor of the chocolate. Also - the original recipe didn't call for dark chocolate, so if you wanted to, you could also use all regular cocoa. Of course, at that point, you are teetering into the dangerous territory of making it a totally different recipe - but, hey, that's what recipes are for!:thumbup:
Sounds like she's changing your recipe back to the original - maybe? LOL

What is espresso powder? Is that like instant coffee but for espresso, like those international coffees?

myinnerchef said:
What is espresso powder? Is that like instant coffee but for espresso, like those international coffees?

Yes, I find it with the instant coffee. It isn't like international coffees, because those have alot of sugar & flavorings....espresso powder is pure coffee.
If you can't find espresso powder, I would use an instant coffee powder.

I am the never ending diet. LOL I never seem to end up losing weight is more like it.

KILLER BROWNIES are just what a girl needs. ;)

Thanks for sharing...next function...I will make. If I made them at home, you know I'd eat the whole batch! LOL

Becky,

Thank you for sharing. I am definitely going to have to try these. Last night my neighbor asked me to make "Killer Brownies", but it's a recipe for brownies with caramel (his wife doesn't cook or bake, which is probably why she only weighs 96 pounds, so I'm his source for all food good and evil). So I'm going to make those and yours. I'll probably kill him with all the calories and fat, alright!

As far as the espresso, it's only a teaspoon, so I don't think you'd really taste the coffee. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that a small amount of coffee added to a chocolate recipe intensifies the chocolate flavor. Not sure where I read that. We need ChefAnn, our resident expert... Where are you Ann?

Thanks again for sharing, Becky!

dianevill said:
Becky,

Thank you for sharing. I am definitely going to have to try these. Last night my neighbor asked me to make "Killer Brownies", but it's a recipe for brownies with caramel (his wife doesn't cook or bake, which is probably why she only weighs 96 pounds, so I'm his source for all food good and evil). So I'm going to make those and yours. I'll probably kill him with all the calories and fat, alright!

As far as the espresso, it's only a teaspoon, so I don't think you'd really taste the coffee. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that a small amount of coffee added to a chocolate recipe intensifies the chocolate flavor. Not sure where I read that. We need ChefAnn, our resident expert... Where are you Ann?

Yes, it does, so does cinnamon - that is why I added those ingredients to the recipe!

Also - did you know that just a half teaspoon of cinnamon a day helps you to metabolize fat 20 times more effectively?:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Yes, it does, so does cinnamon - that is why I added those ingredients to the recipe!

Also - did you know that just a half teaspoon of cinnamon a day helps you to metabolize fat 20 times more effectively?:D

REALLY???? I am off to CostCo then to purchase it in bulk! ;)

I'm with you, Meg. I'm going to add cinnamon to everything now!

Thanks for sharing Becky! Gotta love a great brownie recipe....I don't think it'll help with trying to get into my swimsuit though, LOL!
And really, I'm adding cinnamon to everything!

dianevill said:
Becky,

what a good neighbor you are! Mine is a self professed "Laura Ingalls Wilder" type that grows all of her own veggies, cans them, is a fitness guru at a local gym AND whose children are perfect!:rolleyes: Do you think that is why God planted us next to her?????:eek:

Like Kacey ( my new BFF) I too have the same reaction to coffee. I made some other brownie recipe that called for espresso powder and could not eat them b/c I could taste it. I am going to make these today ( because I have PMS and it is ok to make and eat killer brownies while PMS'ing) and eat the entire pan myself :)

Meredith, were you and Kacey seperated at birth or something!? You 2 gotta do some searching in the family tree!

chefmeg said:
what a good neighbor you are! Mine is a self professed "Laura Ingalls Wilder" type that grows all of her own veggies, cans them, is a fitness guru at a local gym AND whose children are perfect!:rolleyes: Do you think that is why God planted us next to her?????:eek:

People like that really irritate me....:D

dianevill said:
Becky,

Hey, I only wiegh 95 lbs, don't be picking on up small people :) :) DH says I need to eat 10 pans of brownies b/c he is not happy with my weight, thinks I am too skinny.

chefmeg said:
Meredith, were you and Kacey seperated at birth or something!? You 2 gotta do some searching in the family tree!

I am beginning to think that maybe we were!!!! I have always longed for a sister :)

merego said:
Hey, I only wiegh 95 lbs, don't be picking on up small people :) :) DH says I need to eat 10 pans of brownies b/c he is not happy with my weight, thinks I am too skinny.

She keeps reminding me that she only weighed 90 pounds until she moved by us, so I'm fattening her up. I'm happy to spread the calories around!

Ha, my neighbors are doing the same thing to me, but I don't boast about being skinny because I know could stand to gain a few pounds. People assume I am an health nut and ake rude comments to me and I hate that!! I eat healthy and exercise but I am not a nut ( well, not a health one anyways!! ha ha :))

Looks awesome...thank you!

dianevill said:
She keeps reminding me that she only weighed 90 pounds until she moved by us, so I'm fattening her up. I'm happy to spread the calories around!
My motto is "if you can't loose weight, fatten up your friends"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chefmeg said:
Kacey...you have entirely too many aversions! What's up with that????

Too many BAD cooks in my future spoiled things for me. I try LOTS of new foods and recipes every year and I have a VERY sensitive tongue- meaning it doesn't take much of a flavor for me to pick it out. If it's too strong of a flavor- one that could potentially overpower an entire dish or sauce- like fresh basil or cilantro- I don't care for it- I can't get past that strong taste to taste other things.

I've never liked coffee- and the only person in my family that drinks it besides my DH is my grandfather- so that's a family thing, we don't like it. (too strong of a flavor)

And like I said, I've had too many bad cooks or bad restaurant experiences in my past that have ruined certain things for me.

Although I still like lemons, which is funny- (long story I'll tell you about later)

For the most part I just don't like coffee, dill, strong cheeses- except I do like gorgonzola in small controlled amounts, too much fresh basil and cilantro. I can't eat raw onions, olives, etc- because I can only eat a couple of raw veggies without breaking into hives in my mouth and down my throat.
And, other than shallots, thinly sliced, raw onions are very strong and sting my tongue- see...I told you that my tongue was sensitive.

I love salsa's, and pan sauces and I actually cook with a huge variety of ingredients, but I've never cared for Dill or Cilantro. And after a day in the community restroom at work one day (after a work potlock, sponsored by my favorite Indian co-worker) (Seriously I loved him to death, very sweet guy!) I cannot stomach curry, either. :) LOL:yuck:

Strong flavors are just that to me- but magnified. So I try to make dishes where if there is a strong ingredient, it will be blended nicely with the others in the dish- where it won't over power the others.

So I actually don't have a lot of aversions. I have more allergies to things than aversions, and if you knew what I grew up on, you'd be amazed that I'm willing to even try anything new.:chef:

I'm sure if you were to sit down and think long and hard, you would each find 5-10 foods, seasonings, spices, herbs, flavors that you just cannot stand, whether sweet or savory. :) I'm just brave enough to admit mine! :)

LOL

;) :blushing: :D

Also the line of bad cooks in my past is not to be outdone by the boring cooks in my family...who cook the same 10 dishes their entire lives and never branch out. I should get some sort of award for even thinking of branching out and for being accepted into culinary school.

And finally in my defense, I have a friend who is a vegetarian that is half way through culinary school- and he can't even stand to touch meat, but he's having to learn to cook with it, and taste his dishes... so if he can do that, I can learn to work with dill, cilantro and ooodles of fresh basil- but until then, I will just strongly reduce the amounts of cilantro and basil in my recipes, and skip the dill altogether! :)

Yes, I'm feeling a little fiesty this morning- After 3 weeks on 3 different allergy meds my hormones are all out of whack, and I just learned that allergy meds can mess with hormone levels so I don't even feel like my hormone therapy is working. I'm a little cranky and weepy today. So just know I'm not attacking anyone, just defending my poor sensitive tongue. :)

pamperedlinda said:
Sounds like she's changing your recipe back to the original - maybe? LOL
:cry:
No, I'll keep the dark chocolate in there- I am not a fan of sticking a piece of fine dark chocolate into my mouth, but I can put it in a dessert.

:)

A great person once told me that "A recipe is just an outline of suggestions on how to make a dish- baking is a science, cooking requires one to take risks and be creative- it is essentially an art" :)

So don't be offended if I make changes to a recipe to suit my families tastes. I would be honored if you did the same with one of mine because I know that quite a few of my recipes are very safe as far as bold flavors goes...

Last edited:
merego said:
Like Kacey ( my new BFF) I too have the same reaction to coffee. I made some other brownie recipe that called for espresso powder and could not eat them b/c I could taste it. I am going to make these today ( because I have PMS and it is ok to make and eat killer brownies while PMS'ing) and eat the entire pan myself :)
I love you! Even though I weigh almost twice what you do...I'll do my best to not squish you to death when I hug you for the first time!:)

chefmeg said:

If we were, she was my thrid leg or something- she's tiny...I've got the good German bone structure!:)

Stop picking on us people who can taste an almost non-existent amount of coffee in a tub full of water!;)

merego said:
I am beginning to think that maybe we were!!!! I have always longed for a sister :)

Well then I shall be your sister. :)

Oh and back to the coffee thing- DH says he's amazed at how I'm able to pick out amazing coffee blends and flavors for him to try (just on smell) even though I don't like coffee at all. And I used to buy DH's coffee from Boca Java until we lost our jobs. It didn't seem right to spend $8.00 for 1/2 a pound of coffee. :)

Yes, I'm a little touchy today- I'm sure it is because so many of you are picking on my when I'm not here!:D

Kitchen Diva said:
Too many BAD cooks in my future spoiled things for me. I try LOTS of new foods and recipes every year and I have a VERY sensitive tongue- meaning it doesn't take much of a flavor for me to pick it out. If it's too strong of a flavor- one that could potentially overpower an entire dish or sauce- like fresh basil or cilantro- I don't care for it- I can't get past that strong taste to taste other things.I've never liked coffee- and the only person in my family that drinks it besides my DH is my grandfather- so that's a family thing, we don't like it. (too strong of a flavor)And like I said, I've had too many bad cooks or bad restaurant experiences in my past that have ruined certain things for me.Although I still like lemons, which is funny- (long story I'll tell you about later)For the most part I just don't like coffee, dill, strong cheeses- except I do like gorgonzola in small controlled amounts, too much fresh basil and cilantro. I can't eat raw onions, olives, etc- because I can only eat a couple of raw veggies without breaking into hives in my mouth and down my throat.
And, other than shallots, thinly sliced, raw onions are very strong and sting my tongue- see...I told you that my tongue was sensitive.I love salsa's, and pan sauces and I actually cook with a huge variety of ingredients, but I've never cared for Dill or Cilantro. And after a day in the community restroom at work one day (after a work potlock, sponsored by my favorite Indian co-worker) (Seriously I loved him to death, very sweet guy!) I cannot stomach curry, either. :) LOL:yuck: Strong flavors are just that to me- but magnified. So I try to make dishes where if there is a strong ingredient, it will be blended nicely with the others in the dish- where it won't over power the others.So I actually don't have a lot of aversions. I have more allergies to things than aversions, and if you knew what I grew up on, you'd be amazed that I'm willing to even try anything new.:chef: I'm sure if you were to sit down and think long and hard, you would each find 5-10 foods, seasonings, spices, herbs, flavors that you just cannot stand, whether sweet or savory. :) I'm just brave enough to admit mine! :)

LOL;) :blushing: :D Also the line of bad cooks in my past is not to be outdone by the boring cooks in my family...who cook the same 10 dishes their entire lives and never branch out. I should get some sort of award for even thinking of branching out and for being accepted into culinary school. And finally in my defense, I have a friend who is a vegetarian that is half way through culinary school- and he can't even stand to touch meat, but he's having to learn to cook with it, and taste his dishes... so if he can do that, I can learn to work with dill, cilantro and ooodles of fresh basil- but until then, I will just strongly reduce the amounts of cilantro and basil in my recipes, and skip the dill altogether! :)Yes, I'm feeling a little fiesty this morning- After 3 weeks on 3 different allergy meds my hormones are all out of whack, and I just learned that allergy meds can mess with hormone levels so I don't even feel like my hormone therapy is working. I'm a little cranky and weepy today. So just know I'm not attacking anyone, just defending my poor sensitive tongue. :)
I have a very short list of what I don't like:Okra
Green Pepper (but I love all other colors of bell peppers!)
Real Indian Curry (not the American stuff - that's not really curry)
Raisins
FennelOkay - I found 5, but that really is about all I don't like.Oh - wait - there are 6 - because I detest Salmon. Love just about every kind of fish, but really do not like Salmon.And if I had to pick one thing from my list that I really could never eat, it would be okra & curry (that's 2, but they both make me hurl.)I'm more about different flavor combos that I don't like.....like I don't like my tea sweet, and I don't like cheese on hamburgers (love cheese, but I am a hamburger purist), and I don't like chocolate chips in my banana bread.....that kind of thing. Those would all be flavors that I love, just not together.

Last edited:
ChefBeckyD said:
I have a very short list of what I don't like:

Okra
Green Pepper (but I love all other colors of bell peppers!)
Real Indian Curry (not the American stuff - that's not really curry)
Raisins
Fennel

Okay - I found 5, but that really is about all I don't like.

Oh - wait - there are 6 - because I detest Salmon. Love just about every kind of fish, but really do not like Salmon.

See, we all have aversions! :) I like salmon and LOVE tilapia and Walleye. However Crab and Lobster is too rich for my stomach so I cannot eat those without getting sick shrotly after. I love rasins, but I'm with you on the fennel- so I guess we'll have to add anise/black licorice to my list of aversions! :) LOL I think we should start a thread on all my strong flavor aversions! :) Too darn funny!!! :rolleyes: :D ;) :p

I don't like:
~ green/red/orange/yellow peppers
~sage
~I eat seafood, pork and chicken but no other meats
~Can't drink beer something in it makes me ill
~Can't imagine life without coffee, really!!!!!!

Kitchen Diva said:
If we were, she was my thrid leg or something- she's tiny...I've got the good German bone structure!:)

Stop picking on us people who can taste an almost non-existent amount of coffee in a tub full of water!;)

Warning! That German bone structure comes with a lovely German gut as you get older. :mad: I'm desperately trying to keep mine in check so I don't look like my grandma...I have everything else from her! Oh, except I managed to make it to 5'4", she was 4'11".

not picking Kasey, really! I am amazed at how well you know the things you don't like and still manage to call yourself "puffy"!

I don't like:
mushrooms-it is a texture thing versus taste
boiled okra-fried is fine
stewed tomatoes-goes with the whole boiled okra!
rutebega
fresh water fish~I LOVE most seafood, but freshwater fish eludes me!

janetupnorth said:
Warning! That German bone structure comes with a lovely German gut as you get older. :mad: I'm desperately trying to keep mine in check so I don't look like my grandma...I have everything else from her! Oh, except I managed to make it to 5'4", she was 4'11".
(I know KG will remember this one...) The highlighted part reminds me of the Animaniacs version of the Schnitzelbank song. There's a verse they sing about "Otto's gut, Otto's butt!"

Great - now I have that song stuck in my head. :rolleyes:

chefmeg said:
My motto is "if you can't loose weight, fatten up your friends"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Bless!!:D That's my kind of motto:thumbup:

rennea said:

Heck yes!

:D

Kitchen Diva said:

I can not fit all my BFF's quotes in here so I will just say, we had to have been seperated at birth b/c as I was reading the list of what she can not eat I was yelling, that's me, that's me.......
Now that Kacey has adopted me to be her sister, I just agree with everything she says :D

I can not eat Indian food, Thai food, japanese food or chinese food either, I don't eat fish unless it is a Filet of Fish from my good friend Mac Donald. I know fish helps keep you slim, but I can not stomach it, at all. I can not handle alot of strong spices , i like spices, just in small amounts. I don't eat a ton of meat, but I love chocolate :)
I can drink beer and lots of it as well as martini's and margaritas~ woo-hoo~
I can not drink dark beer, however or red wine.
Coffee~ ewwwwwww, I drink Diet Pepsi Max to wake me up for the day.
I can not have my foods touching either.

rennea said:
I don't like:
~ green/red/orange/yellow peppers
~sage
~I eat seafood, pork and chicken but no other meats
~Can't drink beer something in it makes me ill
~Can't imagine life without coffee, really!!!!!!

I feel the same way about quality hot chocolate! I wish I liked coffee. I like the way it smells- I've tried in vain to like it, but it just doesn't agree with me.

When I was a kid I was severely allergic to chocolate. By Junior High I was making myself eat SMALL amounts of chocolate each week until I could stomach a whole snickers bar or hershey bar without getting sick. I still cannot stomach dark chocolates, and they are a little too bitter for my personal tastes, but I was hoping if I could work up an immunity to chocolate, I could do the same with coffee- and I was wrong. I love coffee lovers if that helps! :)

chefmeg said:
not picking Kasey, really! I am amazed at how well you know the things you don't like and still manage to call yourself "puffy"!

I don't like:
mushrooms-it is a texture thing versus taste
boiled okra-fried is fine
stewed tomatoes-goes with the whole boiled okra!
rutebega
fresh water fish~I LOVE most seafood, but freshwater fish eludes me!

I really am puffy! (my mom used to call me "stocky" because I was so athletic as a child- like that didn't have an effect on me! LOL)

A healthy weight for me is about 145-150. I am 5 feet 7 inches tall (tallest in my family- both sides, excluding males) And I weigh 175 give or take 5 pounds depending on the time of the month. Because of my medium/large German frame I hold my weight VERY well, and no one would ever guess that I weigh what I tell them I weigh. That is a blessing in disguise, but it still doesn't help that I'm dying to get back into my size 10 clothes and I'm not comfy in a size 12 or 14!

I would pass out if I ever got down to an 8, but I know I'd be happy in a 10, which would mean I'd need to get down to about 160...which I can do once I start working again, and can afford to buy my $50.00 worth of protein suppliments every two weeks!

rennea said:

Or fatten up your DH! :) hee-hee! I should scan in my PC a before and after picture of my DH- it's criminal what I've done to him when you think about it. Poor guy! I feel terrible!

Kitchen Diva said:
Or fatten up your DH! :) hee-hee! I should scan in my PC a before and after picture of my DH- it's criminal what I've done to him when you think about it. Poor guy! I feel terrible!

Oh, heavens... you should see my DH. Well, me too, for that matter. When we got married, I was a 4-6. Now, well, I'm just not. He had a 31 waist. Now it's 34-36. Oh well.

I have a saying for the weight you gain after getting married. It's called Happy Fat! :D

merego said:
I can not fit all my BFF's quotes in here so I will just say, we had to have been seperated at birth b/c as I was reading the list of what she can not eat I was yelling, that's me, that's me.......
Now that Kacey has adopted me to be her sister, I just agree with everything she says :D

I can not eat Indian food, Thai food, japanese food or chinese food either, I don't eat fish unless it is a Filet of Fish from my good friend Mac Donald. I know fish helps keep you slim, but I can not stomach it, at all. I can not handle alot of strong spices , i like spices, just in small amounts. I don't eat a ton of meat, but I love chocolate :)
I can drink beer and lots of it as well as martini's and margaritas~ woo-hoo~
I can not drink dark beer, however or red wine.
Coffee~ ewwwwwww, I drink Diet Pepsi Max to wake me up for the day.
I can not have my foods touching either.

Oh my gosh, you are too funny! :) Well Little sis (both in age and weight) I like fish- I've learned to prepare fish in ways that make it melt in your mouth and even DH will eat it. I can drink most lumberjacks under the table, but I strongly dislike all alcohol and don't drink wines because of the tannins (sp?) and I will get a migraine from them. I don't like beer, but I like Zima with lime.

I don't drink because of the fact that I can drink most lumberjacks under the table and since my dear late father was a drunk, I promised him (at his grave stone one year when I was a teen) that I would not drink, and I've kept that promise. I was actually scared into that promise on my 21st birthday when I had 7 mixed drinks in a 2 hour period and didn't even get sleepy! I wasn't dizzy, sleepy, drunk, tipsy, nothing! So I will have a sip of something every now and then, but clear rum gives me hives, and Jamacian Rum is hard to find in the US, and I vomit from just a shot of tequilla- so I stay away from booze and beer.

I love Asian cuisine and would love to study it more abroad once I finish culinary school. I love marinated meats and veggies and jasmine rice- I love mexican food, too!

You must get your love of Pepsi from your side of the family because over here that's a 4-letter word. We are coke drinkers, but I'm more of a Rootbeer Gal. :) The only caffeine I drink comes in my cocoa and my sweet tea. I stay away from the stuff. :)

My foods can touch, but they have to stay away from one another in my stomach. I'm KIDDING! :p

So other than our few differences, we are sort of like sisters! :) Just to make this clear, I'm the pretty AND smart one, and Mom likes me best! :) LOL

crystalscookingnow said:
Oh, heavens... you should see my DH. Well, me too, for that matter. When we got married, I was a 4-6. Now, well, I'm just not. He had a 31 waist. Now it's 34-36. Oh well.

I have a saying for the weight you gain after getting married. It's called Happy Fat! :D

DH had a 28/30 inch waist now it's a 42 inch waste! I was a size 4 when we met (123 pounds) now I'm a size 12. But sizes have changed...I have a size 4 skirt from when I was a manager at The Limited and it's a lot smaller than the 4's they sell now a days. Also I've noticed when I was sent home from the Air Force with a torn achilles tendon and a cast and a cane, I gained weight from sitting on my toosh for 8 weeks while I healed. I went from 123 pounds to 155 pounds and was wearing a size 12. I lost all the weight shortly after the cast came off... fast forward 15 years and I'm 20 pounds heavier and still in a size 12- so sizes have gotten bigger!

crystalscookingnow said:

then honey, I am exstatic!
DH lost about 20 lbs after his parents died~stress of the sudden death of his Mom and then watching his Dad just waste away from cancer~ and I seemed to have picked it up! I have been trying to fatten him up since, but at the same time, loose weight myself...not working well in either direction!
Since my Dad has been sick, he has lost about 30 lbs...he really couldn't afford to and I offered a fat transplant, but they won't hook us up!
I think I am going to make this batch of brownies for DH to take to work on Friday along with several catalogs! That way, they are not in the house for me to be tempted by!

Last edited:
Well, at least we're all happy with our fat... or is that we all have happy fat but aren't happy about it? It's probably from the dill! :)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies