• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun and Easy Kids' Cooking Party Ideas and Recipes | June Celebration

In summary, the conversation is about a party for kids to learn how to cook and get around the kitchen, with moms also in attendance. Suggestions were given for activities and recipes, such as setting up stations for different tasks, making PB&Js with the Cut 'N Seal, and using different kitchen tools like the Decorating Bottles and Mandoline. It was also recommended to have parental helpers and to keep the moms engaged in the activities. Other ideas included having a coloring contest for the kids and making ice cream nachos for lunch.
kpartain
I've got a party coming up in June that is for kids to learn how to cook and get around the kitchen. Mom's will be there. Has anyone done a kids party before and if so, what worked, what didn't, what's the best recipes to do, etc? Thanks in advanced!!

I did one years ago. I set up stations. In hindsight, I'd have had the moms pair up with the kids rather than what they instinctually did which was let their kids just go from station to station and they stayed together and chatted. Although I think they also had catalogs and shopped during that time too.I can't find any information on my computer about what I did. I do know that I made my dining room table into a cookie decorating station with the Decorating Bottles. My front room table was for making PB&Js and then cutting them out with the Cut 'N Seal. In the kitchen, I had fruits and veggies for them to cut with the Mandoline or Crinkle Cutter. That's all I remember about that show.I did do a show at a host's house where she wanted all her friends to bring their kids. So, I had the kids help me make Fajitas in the microwave. We had a short table set up in the kitchen for the kids and they took turns helping me while I did my regular show. They loved the garlic press, citrus press, mandoline and I think I even let a couple of them use a knife as I watched carefully. Moms were in the kitchen too and I tried to keep them engaged by explaining the safety features of each of the products and other uses for them. Otherwise, they would have been content to just have me babysit their kids in the kitchen while they relaxed in another room. :)I hope that's helpful. My biggest advice which maybe you can tell already is make sure to keep the moms involved! :)Good luck.Shari in TX

I did a mother/daughter show recently. I agree with having parental helpers, because it can get very busy fast. The kids wanted to do everything and were trying to beat others at the jobs. We did the pizza dip and the s'more cake. Both were hits. I also had the hostess' daughter make a punch before the guests arrived (can of concentrated fruit punch, lemon slices using the simple slicer, raspberries, and 2L sprite) in the family sized quick stir pitcher. In hind site, I should have had her make it while the guests were there. The juice was a hit and gone in no time flat. I had a three-year old who really wanted to help. So when the s'mores cake came out of the microwave, I supervised her while she tossed the marshmallows on the cake. She was in her glory for helping with the "fun" part. Good luck!

Another thing consultants sometimes do is have a coloring contest after a few kid-friendly demos, then settle the kids down with coloring and go ahead with a moms demo. You want to provide crayons or colored pencils for coloring pages - (dollar store?) Here are some I did one several years ago with the kids doing wraps - the moms made ice cream nachos, and everyone got to have lunch with a fun cold dessert.

Hi there! I have done many kids parties before and they are always a blast! The key to a successful kids party is keeping them engaged and having fun while learning. Some tips that have worked for me are to have interactive recipes like mini pizzas or build-your-own tacos, as well as incorporating games or challenges into the cooking process. It's also helpful to have some simple tasks for the younger kids to do, like stirring or measuring ingredients, while the older kids can take on more advanced tasks. As for recipes, anything with bright colors or fun shapes tends to be a hit with kids. I hope this helps and I'm sure your party will be a success! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. What age is appropriate for kids to start cooking?

Kids can start helping out in the kitchen as early as 2-3 years old, but it's important to always supervise and make sure they are safe. As they get older, they can take on more tasks and responsibilities in the kitchen.

2. What are some easy recipes that kids can make?

Some easy and kid-friendly recipes include peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, fruit kabobs, homemade pizza, and pasta with sauce. These recipes are simple and allow for kids to get involved in measuring, mixing, and assembling ingredients.

3. How can I get my kids interested in cooking?

One way to get kids interested in cooking is to involve them in meal planning. Ask for their input on what they would like to eat and let them help with grocery shopping and picking out ingredients. You can also make cooking fun by playing music, using colorful kitchen tools, and letting kids be creative with their food.

4. What kitchen tools are safe for kids to use?

Some safe and easy-to-use kitchen tools for kids include plastic knives, mixing spoons, measuring cups and spoons, and cookie cutters. Make sure to always supervise kids when they are using these tools and teach them how to handle them properly to avoid accidents.

5. How can I teach my kids about kitchen safety?

It's important to teach kids about kitchen safety from a young age. This includes washing hands before handling food, using oven mitts when handling hot items, and being careful with sharp tools. You can also involve them in creating and following safety rules in the kitchen to help them understand the importance of staying safe while cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• carol
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
Replies
Views
buddy5909