• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kids in the Kitchen Valentines Show Ideas Needed

Thanks, Beth.2 Step Fudge is a recipe that combines chocolate chips and frosting to create a fudge like consistency.
Suzy Englert
A January host has rescheduled her Kids in the Kitchen show to Sat. Feb.13th (just so glad that she rescheduled due to plumbing, etc., problems in the house). Does anyone have ideas for a Valentine's theme Kids in the Kitchen show? I'm thinking: making a Valentine cookie cake on the stone; making cookies with the cookie press, everyone wear red?? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Suzy in Texas

Make 2 step fudge and cut into hearts with the creative cutters.

2 Step Fudge
12 oz. pkg chocolate chips
1 tub frosting

Combine and melt in microwave (1 minute) then spread onto parchment paper or pastry mat and cool slightly. Then cut with cookie cutters.

You could also load the warm fudge into the Easy Accent Decorator with the open star tip and make kisses.

Use any flavor chips and frosting to create different tastes/colors. In February and May (HWC) I always use white chocolate chips and strawberry frosting to make pink hearts.

Last edited:
Thanks, Beth. This sounds like a winner recipe!

Suzy in Texas

And we'll be making a sugar cookie cake on the large round stone-in the shape of a heart-will probably sprinkle and/or put sprinkles or candies on it when it comes out of the oven. Any suggestions for how long it should cook, and what would be good to put on top of it?

Thanks,
Suzy in Texas

I would probably follow the baking guidelines of other cookie pizzas...I'm assuming when you say you are doing a sugar cookie cake on the large round stone, that is what you mean?I got this from a Dessert "Pizza" using the sugar cookie dough.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Form dough into a ball and place in center of Classic Round Stone. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle, about 1/4-inch thick. Bake 16-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from Baking Stone; cool completely.

What's 2 step fudge? This looks great for my neighborhood kids.

1. How can I involve my child in the kitchen for Valentine's Day?

One idea is to have your child help with creating themed snacks or desserts, such as heart-shaped cookies or fruit kabobs. You can also have them assist with setting the table or decorating for a special Valentine's Day meal.

2. What are some fun and easy Valentine's Day recipes for kids?

Some popular options include chocolate covered strawberries, heart-shaped pizzas, and homemade Valentine's Day cards made with edible materials like candy or sprinkles. You can also get creative with incorporating heart shapes into everyday foods, such as using a cookie cutter to make heart-shaped sandwiches.

3. Are there any cooking tools or products specifically designed for kids?

Yes, there are many kid-friendly cooking tools and products available, such as kid-sized aprons, safety knives, and themed cookie cutters. Pampered Chef also offers a Kids' Pizza Making Set, which includes a rolling pin, pizza cutter, and mini pizza stone.

4. How can I make the kitchen experience safe for my child?

It's important to always supervise children in the kitchen and teach them proper safety practices, such as using oven mitts and staying away from hot surfaces. You can also involve them in age-appropriate tasks and choose recipes that don't involve sharp knives or hot appliances.

5. Are there any healthy Valentine's Day recipes for kids?

Absolutely! You can make heart-shaped fruit skewers, yogurt parfaits with heart-shaped fruit toppings, or a colorful salad with heart-shaped croutons. You can also use healthier alternatives, such as dark chocolate and natural sweeteners, in your Valentine's Day treats.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Grandmarita
Replies
Views
shelly.nurse
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Shows