• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun Ideas for an Outdoor Kids Cooking Show?

In summary, Sandra Kearns did a kid's show where she prebaked mini fluted cakes, used various simple addition pieces to hold toppings, filled the Easy Accent Decorator with frosting, let the kids use it themselves (with her help), and talked to the mothers about some of the newer products while the kids had fun.
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
I have a host that is dying to have a kids show, but I want to get some ideas from other consultants who have tried it and get some tips on executing the show. With our kid's line developing I would like to develop a slamin' kids show that engages the parents and involves the kids.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thank you
Sandra Kearns
www.pamperedchef.biz/sandrak

I did a kid's show where I prebaked 12 mini fluted cakes to have the kids decorate them. Than I used various simple addition pieces to hold all the toppings (sprinkles, candies, nuts, chocolate, etc). I filled the Easy Accent Decorator with frosting and let the kids use it themselves (with my help). Than I let them chop nuts with the food chopper, grate chocolate with the Deluxe Cheese Grater. There were 10 kids there ranging from 3 to 10 yrs old. While the kids enjoyed their creations, I talked to the mothers about some of the newer products, products not used, bookings & recruiting. The kids sure had a great time. In fact one of the kids had talked his mom into hosting a show of her own. She booked but opt for more of an adult party instead.

Be sure to have your host even invite her friends who are single or do not have children too, plus encourage her to get more outside orders. You want a full crowd there but too many kids may make it harder on you. I would advise you limit the number of kids and keep their ages from 5 & up. The younger ones get a little bit more restless. Remember the kids are basically there to help you sell the products to their parents and adult guest.

Hope this helps.

Sharon

Kids in the Kitchen ShowsI have done several kids in the kitchen shows. They are a lot of fun. I have done the mini-fluted cakes and that goes over well. The other recipe I do is have the kids make a pizza. We don't follow a specific recipe...just use pizza sauce (use spreader), pizza dough (on stone), cheese (kids grate), and toppings (kids cut up with chopper and egg slicer.

While I help the kids, I have the parents fix a recipe of their own. I give them the ingredients, go over how to use the products, and leave them with the recipe book (usually the All the Best). I have the host lead the adult group while I help and supervise the kids. This also helps me recruit the host as she has sort of "already done a show".

Ginger

Kids LuncheonWhen we did our Fundraiser at my daughters preschool we had a luncheon and let the children make PB & Jelly or cheese circle sandwiches. We also let them use the Apple Peeler/Slicer/Corer to make apple slices. And we used the small cutters to cut cheese slices into shapes - everyone loved them and we sold alot of them!

kid/adult party?Hi everyone, I am new to the PC team my first month is March 2005. I just had my first two shows this weekend. I booked a party for the the month of May (help whip cancer show). The host want's to do a kid/adult party. I am very excited about this, but I am not sure how to set it up to make sure everyone is participating. The host also wants recipes that are pink to help promote HELP WHIP CANCER. I am clueless at this point as to what to do.

Pink RecipesThe Pink Lemonade Torte (I think that is what it is called) in the new Season's Best is very yummy and very pink!

Angela Epps said:
Hi everyone, I am new to the PC team my first month is March 2005. I just had my first two shows this weekend. I booked a party for the the month of May (help whip cancer show). The host want's to do a kid/adult party. I am very excited about this, but I am not sure how to set it up to make sure everyone is participating. The host also wants recipes that are pink to help promote HELP WHIP CANCER. I am clueless at this point as to what to do.
You could do pink frosting on cupcakes, cakes etc, and do pink lemonade!hth

Kids in the Kitchen HWC FundraiserI have scheduled a Kids in the Kitchen Show for my son and his preschool friends. I plan to make the pizza using biscuits and pizza toppings...letting them chop, grate, spread...and whatever else they can do! I am using the biscuits instead of pizza dough so that each child will make and eat his/her own pizza.

For the parents I will use the previous suggestion and have the adults make a garden ranch pizza while I am helping the kids. I plan to invite his school friends as well as relatives with children or grandchildren his age. I am going to limit the party to 10 children...if I have to turn any away I will schedule a second party for later the same day!

I will use this opportunity to sell HWC products, PC products, and the show will be a HWC fund raiser! I'll let you know how it goes!

Amber
[email protected]
www.pamperedchef.biz/amberthechef

kids showI have a kids show scheduled for June with one of my past host. I hope it goes ok, not sure what or how I will conduct it, but I do want it hands on for the children.

kids show idea
cltrinity said:
I have a kids show scheduled for June with one of my past host. I hope it goes ok, not sure what or how I will conduct it, but I do want it hands on for the children.
How about making the shells for the mango salsa sundaes ahead of time and then do a ice cream sundae bar. They can put a scoop of ice cream in the shell and top with the things they like. This shows lots of tools and you can just demo how to create the effect (eg. do one strawberry fan; grate a little chocolate...) and let them do it themselves (with a little help from you and mom ;) ).

"Mommy and Me" showsI've done lots of these recently and have a couple more coming up in June. They're fun, but not your run-of-the-mill PC show. Some people are more interested for just that reason. Especially if guests have been to a lot of shows. It's much more chaotic and I definitely didn't feel that I went over what I would have liked to, but all the more reason for the BIG MAC (morning after calls) calls! In the past three weeks, I've done three of these shows. I'll try to also attach the invitation I made up for hosts to use. One group was only 4 moms and 6 kids who were around 3 or 4 years old. The next group there were 17 kids!!! Craziness there. And the most recently was about 10 moms and 12 kids. We made Tic-Tac-Toe pizzas and S'More Brownie Bites from the kids cookbook. Here are some things I learned to help things go as smoothly as possible:
** Offer kids a "prize" at the end if they can listen, follow instructions, raise their hands, etc...( just like being in school I told them) and I gave away twixit clips for my small group, but stuck to stickers for all the kids for the bigger groups)
** have all ingredients measured out for each child in a dixie cup (we did sauce in one, pepperoni in another, etc)
** I had the moms help with cutting green peppers out of the creative cutter shapes
** I precut the string cheese and kept in the small stainless bowl in the fridge. At the first show, I had kids do it with the safe cutters, but this took way to long, even with just 6 kids.
** make this your shortest presentation ever! Kids have very limited attention spans, so I made this a goal from the start. While they're eating, you can talk more with moms, but you'll still feel like it's too crazy. Again, BIG MAC calls are a must.
** I brought lots of stones and used these to cook the pizzas. Another problem was remembering whose was whose. Suggest they use special shapes of peppers to remember theirs. If they don't like green peppers, they can take them off when it comes out of the oven but this way, they rememebr which one is theirs.
** for the S'More Brownie bites, I baked these when I got there, so they weren't all warm and mushy to stick the toppings onto when we got around to desserts. So, I used peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. Have the kids spread it on the brownie, then put on toppings. I tried the fluff in the EAD, but that made it really hard to do. Next time I just put the PB and fluff in prep bowls and put them out on the table with spreaders.

I think that's it, but I know there were more ideas. It gets better the more you do. I'm glad my first one was the small group! Good luck! They are a lot of fun as long as you expect it'll be a little crazy. It's a GREAT show to market out there. Once I started mentioning it to potential hosts, it's taken off like crazy! Now I can't wait to do a "regular" show, which I have coming up this week. If I think of more tips, I'll let you all know. Here's the invitation attached.

Attachments

• Mommy and Me invitation.doc
    64 KB · Views: 970
Becky...thanks for sharing and thanks for the invitation!

I did a kids birthday party this weekend. I have to say I learned a lot and will not make the same mistake again.

I talked to the host about how the parents would be there to help. (10 kids and parents) I brought the mini fluted cakes and we were going to make the cut 'n seal pizzas.

Got there and the kids were all there, but the parents were absent...coming later.

We got started and some parents showed up, but stayed in another room. UGH! I tried to pull them in, but they were busy talking and drinking.

We started by washing hands and talking about hygene (not touching face and then the food)...more parents arrive, but gravitate to the alcohol in the other room. Again, I go in and say come wash up...we are getting started. NOTHING!

We make the cut 'n seal pizzas...went well. While they were cooking I played a memory game with them. They said their name and their favorite food. I had to remember it. If I messed up, they got an M & M. Of course I kept messing up on purpose.

Let the kids go play for a bit outside and go INTO the room with the parents and demo how to make the cut 'n seal pizzas. Tell them I will need their help with the cake decorating contest. Get some oks, but no real reaction. One parent said...are we paying you babysitting fees too?!?!

NOW I'm PEEVED...I realize I'm the CLOWN for the party!!! UGH!

Get the girls back in to decorate the cake. Call the parents in to decorate their own cake for the adult cake decorating contest. I get, no I really don't want to. DRAG them in despite their objections. They sort of get involved, but not really.

Pizzas are ready and kids sit down to eat. Parents want to eat their pizza (didn't have room on the stone to cook any but the kids). I let them know that I have leftover supplies to make their own pizzas. Response: Oh, if I have to make them I'll pass. UGH!!!!! At this point I am just annoyed BEYOND belief.

Rest of the 10 parents arrive to PICK UP their kids. I pack up and leave with only $79 in sales. UGH! UGH! UGH!

Lesson learned....never do a child's BIRTHDAY party again! Parents expect me to be the entertainment and don't want to participate. OR HOST COACH in a different way to make sure the host TELLS the parents that they will be HELPING with the kids.

Sorry to vent, but bad shows happen. The important thing is to learn something from it and make it better next time. I still think the idea is a good one, but won't be doing one anytime soon.

Just had one!!I used the Banana Toffee Pizza as my recipe and it was a hit, and all the parents basically bought the stone and chopper in order to make it at home. If the kids like the recipe, the parents basically want to make it for them. I only made the crust in advance, but then the kids stood on chairs around the kitchen island and took turns chopping, putting the bananas in the egg slicer and sprinkling the toppings on the pizza. It was alot of fun...

I found it is a little challenging to keep the adults engaged when the kids are doing hands on in this way, so depending on your comfort level, maybe you could call the kids up to do various tasks. We had a lot of fun, and after the kids ate, they went to play and I was able to speak to the adults.

Ginger,
Oh wow, that's really a disaster! No way of knowing that that would happen! I actually had a parent ask me at my last kids show "Do you do birthday parties?" I couldn't figure out a way to do it and actually take orders since parents wouldn't be there. Or it would be a problem like you had. She suggested just paying me by the hour, but I didn't really pursue it with her. Those were cute ideas with the various recipes and some great ways to TRY to reign them back in. It was a lesson learned, it sounds like!

I was concerned with my shows because I didn't really get to talk and cross sell like I usually would. I barely even talked about the products, so I wasn't sure how it would go over. The smallest "Mommy and Me" show I did was $254, but the last two were $500 and that's with barely talking about anything. I did figure out after that first show to REALLY encourage the host to get lots of outside orders and that really helps.

Thanks for your info with your experience!

Thanks for tips!My Kids In the Kitchen Show is tomorrow and I am not sure what to expect. I am hosting it and have invited everyone my child knows...only 4 RSVPs. I hope enough people show to make it successful but not too many to make it chaotic! Its a HWC fundraiser. I hope it goes well.

Anyway...I was relying to say thanks for the suggestions and I will def. try to learn from the previous posts. I'll let you know.

AMBER
www.pamperedchef.biz/amberthechef
Lafayette, LA

Hi Everyone.

I have done a number of these, but never a birthday party. I was afraid the parents would think they were obligated to purchase items plus supply a gift. Sorry to hear your's was so frustrating Ginger.

Just an idea for all of you making the pizzas... I put a square of parchment paper under each child's pizza before they make it and write their name in the corner in pencil. Then we place the pizza and the parchment on the stones - we always know which pizza belongs to which child.

I always "forewarn" the parents at the beginning that this is not the usual show. I tell them I need each of them to assist their child/children, that I will be demo-ing tools while working with the kids, but not really talking about them. That I do once the food is ready and the kids are eating (and quiet!)

My shows have been relatively successful. Be sure to host coach and be upfront with the parents at the beginning.

Good luck!

Lisa,
I love the idea about using Parchment Paper to write the kids' names. I will definitely do that next time. It also probably makes it easier to transfer the pizza to each kid's plate. I do let parents know it's not your typical Pampered Chef show. I've been pretty pleased with how the sales turn out. Host coaching, as always, is imperative and it makes it even MORE important to do BIG MAC calls because so much is skipped or missed by moms helping their kids during the show. I'm also happy that the bookings I received from these shows aren't just more "Cooking with Kids" shows. Moms see that it's not necessarily a relaxing time for them at this kind of show, so they are motivated to book a fun "grown up" show after this!

THanks for the idea Lisa! :)

S'more brownie bitesDoes anyone know where I can get the recipe for S'more brownie bites that are discussed in an above thread? Thanks in advance.

S'More Brownie BitesThey are in the "Let's Eat" cookbook. If you don't have that....it's actually really easy. Bake a box of brownie mix in the mini-muffin pan, so you have 24 little brownie bites. When they're done baking, kids can stick marshmallows, chocolate chips and "Teddy Grahams" in the top. At "Mommy and Me" shows I bake the brownies when I get there, so they aren't warm when the kids make them. So, I have the kids "attach" the toppings by spreading some peanut butter or marshmallow fluff on the brownie first, then putting the stuff on top. You can use the prep bowls to put peanut butter or the fluff in, which is a good way to show them. Hope that helped!!

Oh, here are the actual recipe instructions from the cookbook, just incase it's different from the brownie package:

Preheat oven to 325 and spray cups of muffin pan with nonstick spray.
Put brownie mix in Classic Batter Bowl.
Add 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of water and mix 50 times.
Use Small Scoop to scoop into mini muffin pan. Each is 1/2 full.
Bake 13-14 minutes.

Hope that helps! :)

Cooking with Kids - Ideas for youI do tons of Kids in the Kitchen shows and this is what I do:
(***WARNING, LONG POST***)
The most important thing I found is that the way you do the recipes should reflect the age groups of the kids. For instance if you have 4 yr olds, obviously a parent will be using the stove and doing the mixing. If you have 15 year olds, you are most likely supervising these steps.
When a hostess/host books a Kids in the Kitchen Show, I remind them that Parent participation is needed. The whole point of the show is to enjoy cooking with your kids; so they will not be surprised when I ask them to help during the class.

I do NOT talk about the products during the class, but I do obviously only use PC products. I do set up a separate station for the adults that has my theme show book, my opportunity book, hostess benefits stand, catalogs and order forms as well as some other products I'm not using during the show.
Prior to the show, I make Jell-O following the Jell-O Jigglers instructions and place it in the cranberry rectangular baker (no it does not stain the baker, when cleaning just soak w/ a little bit of baking soda and you are good to go)
In the beginning we start, I introduce myself, tell my short synopsis of PC, which leads to the purpose of the class, making meal time and meal making time a family activity. Then I go down the line as the "chefs" introduce themselves. We announce what we will be making and begin.
Now, each are set up into stations. For 8 kids I have 2 stations, 4 in each station. I decorate the tables with plastic kids tablecloths (2.00 at Wal-Mart) easy to clean and reusable. I always have 2 back up recipes for more stations if by chance more kids arrive then R.S.V.P. (i.e., peanut butter balls and/ peanut butter and jelly creative sandwiches) I normally have smaller children, so we begin with making grilled cheese and ham sandwiches shaped by the cookie cutters in the Kid's Cookie Making Set. Then a parent starts to cook them and puts them off to the side.
We make two different sets of cookies. Since we have 2 stations, 1 station is making the cookie recipe from the Kid's Cookie Making Set with one of the parents helping. Each kid gets a turn to do each item. The second station is making Spaghetti cookies with the garlic press also with a parents help and supervision. I am spending my time going between the stations helping the parents and kids.
When the cookies are ready for the oven, the kids go and sit in a circle and eat their grilled sandwiches they had made earlier. When they are finished their sandwiches we all go to one station, and use the creative cutters to create the Jell-O Jigglers to eat. (it is better for them to create the shape, and you to remove it and put it on their plates.)
By this time, the cookies are done. While the Kid's Cookie Making Set cookie recipe is cooling (3 minutes), we all gather around 1 station again and choose the color of icing they want to use. (I buy the icing from the grocery store already colored). Each child gets a cookie to decorate. I put the icing of their choosing on the cookie and they use a fork to spread it around. (for older groups, you could use plastic knives, but for 4-7 I use plastic forks). I put one of the spaghetti cookies on their plate and that concludes the show when they are eating. I received this great book from another consultant that I copied and put into really inexpensive folders that each parent gets to take home. It has tons of recipes and ideas about cooking with your children. (I've attached the booklet to this)
Since I really only require the help of 3 parents, the rest are watching, taking pictures, video taping, looking at my additional info at the adult station and ordering away. The hostess, since she wants to get good sales from the show, is directing people to my "adult station" and handing them order forms and catalogs. When it comes time for me to sit with each parent, another parent is always nice enough to watch their children as we chit-chat for a
brief moment and go over any questions and their order.
So that is what I do at my Kids shows and it's worked every time..
If you have any questions, just let me know!
Have a great day!
Cheers,
Angela

P.S. Youngest age group was eight 4 year olds.
Oldes age group was 16 year olds (these shows are a blast with older kids as I get to talk about what each product is used for and make "adult" recipes!!)

Attachments

• COOKING WITH KIDS.doc
    210 KB · Views: 819
RE: Cooking with KidsI just re-read my post...realized I sounded a little cocky....sorry about that..
What I meant to share was how kids shows have worked for me and how I do it, just in case anyone was interested in knowing..it may or may not work for you...as its your business, decide what is best..
I luckily fell into a plan that worked for me..
Have a great day!
Cheers,
Angela

Thanks for the help, both of you. I didn't think you were cocky at all. I figured that the age range will make a big difference in what I make. I am guessing that the show I am doing in August will consist of kids all under the age of 9. I am guessing that most of them will be in the 4-6 range.

That is a great guide! With your permission I would like to print off a copy and use it for my kids shows.

Kids In the Kitchen - BookletYes, PLEASE print and use it!!
I hope it helps!
Cheers,
Angela

Angela, that's a fabulous post/attachment. Thanks so much. It's given me much food for thought.

Thanks so much Angela for putting so much time into getting us all that information. I have thought alot about doing a kids show and now I have all your hard work to help me.

WOW!! What a great doc! Thanks so much for all your work in compiling it!

Kids in the Kitchen Recipe IdeasI've done a few Kids shows. Not always the best for sales, but engenders good will:)

The recipes I do are the Apple Bundles and Apple Berry Salsa. I make the cinnamon chips ahead of time at home. Then I set up stations with the different tools around the kitchen area. The older kids get to use the Cook's Corer and such, the younger kids can use the Egg Slicer Plus. Everyone gets a chance to crank the A/P/C/S. Then I have the kids serve the Moms.

Once the kids are done (and usually off and running to play) I bring the Moms in the kitchen, show the tools we used to make their yummy treats and do my short bit on stones.

Phyllis Rampulla
Independent Sales Director
www.pamperedchef.biz/phyllisramp

Last edited by a moderator:
Spaghetti cookies?Angela, I was ready your post and had a question. What recipe do you use for the spaghetti cookies so that they are thin enough to go through the garlic press? Is it the same sugar cookie dough? Just wondering. Thanks for the tips and the packet. They are great!

Spaghetti CookiesHi Jessica,
Thanks for asking! The spaghetti cookie recipe is located in the packet I had attached in the previous msg. But so you don't have to search for it, here you go!

SPAGHETTI COOKIES
Kids will have a great time making these fun-shaped cookies!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 large egg yolk
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar 2 tablespoons ice water
1/4 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled butter, cut into small pieces

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 2 baking sheets or use parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, confectioners’ sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until coarse crumbs form.
3. Mix together egg yolk, water, and vanilla. Stir into flour mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with a fork until a soft dough forms.
4. Divide dough into filbert-size balls. Place 1 ball in the Garlic Press. Press dough through onto baking stone or parchment paper. Using a knife, remove strands of dough from Garlic Press. Place cookies 1/2-inch apart. (To get larger cookies, just press dough balls on top of each other, for instance, press one ball first, insert another dough ball into garlic press and press over already pressed dough strands)
5. Bake cookies until edges are lightly golden, 12 minutes. Transfer baking sheets to wire racks to cool slightly. Dust with confectioners’ sugar or cinnamon-sugar mixture.

I love this recipe and it helps to sell the garlic press as you show it is used for more than just a garlic press!!
Have a great day!
Cheers,
Angela

Thanks Angela for the recipe, I did find it in the packet then too. I am doing a kids show on Thursday evening. I just talked to the host and so far she has 14 adults and 17 kids coming. Kids ages range from about 3-17 (most falling in the younger catagory). We are going to make mini pizzas together and then divide into smaller groups and make the spaghetti cookies and brownie shapes. Then I guess we will do the jello shapes also. Does the spaghetti cookies recipe make enough for that many people? Also if anyone has any suggestions for making this flow smoothly I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much everyone for your tips on this style show, without them I wouldn't have the confidence to even try, I am only in my SS2. Thanks again.

Hi Jessica,
You're bound to have a fun and interesting time on Thursday night! I've done a bunch of kids' shows. I've made the Tic Tac Toe Pizzas from the "Let's Eat" cookbook. Here are some tips on what I do to try to make it go smoothly. You'll find that this will be kind of a crazy show and not at all like a normal PC show. You really won't have the time to discuss all the products and cross sell like you would at a regular kitchen show. You may have seen it on here, but I made up a flyer to give to moms that talk about the great products for kids. That saves time trying to talk about each one...especially when you're dealing with limited attention spans. Try to do your talking about "business" stuff right at the beginning.

For the pizza ingredients (and for anything else that each person is doing their own recipe), I would pre-measure all of the individual ingredients for each kid. Dixie cups are great for this. For example, I had the pizza sauce in one cup, the cut up string cheese in another cup, the pepperoni in yet another cup.

Oh, I also tell the kids they'll get a prize at the end if they show me they can listen and basically act like the do when they're in school. Trying to raise hands, not talking while others are talking, etc. This really motivates them. Sometimes I do stickers, sometimes I buy the big tups of sidewalk chalk and divide them up into baggies and give each kid one. The party stores sell them. When they hear they're getting a prize, it does help them stay on task a little better. Some of the older ones might be good helpers too! I also REALLY encourage my hosts of these shows to focus on outside orders. Have her try to get orders from the "non-kid" friends she has. If you have a website, encourage her out of town friends to browse the catalog on there and maybe place orders. I've been surprised, some of my kids shows have been $500 shows when I wasn't thinking they'd be that big. But I think it's a little harder to have a really great show with this type. But I know in my case, it would have been a show I never would have had if I didn't offer the kids show option! I have three in August alone that I don't think would have booked a show if it weren't for this theme.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Throwing this out there as another twist to the Mommy & Me / Kids in the Kitchen thems: I've been thinking of a Mom & Me show that is geared towards the pre-teen/teen daughters....I have a 13 yr old daughter and have been thinking about the fact that how we cook and what we cook as a culture, etc. is getting lost as the generations go by...plus, she is growing up and needs to learn these things. So, I have been tossing around the idea of setting up a PC show to teach food cooking methods/preparation, tips on nutrition, etc. to this age group with their moms.

Also, thinking about doing this as a 'series' and/or in conjunction with a Mary Kay consultant where she can talk about taking care of their skin, how to correctly apply make-up, etc. For some reason, I think of things going in three's so I was also trying to think of another element to add to this concept.

I would appreciate opinions/thoughts on whether or not this could fly and maybe how best to approach it?

Recipe
Lisa S said:
The Pink Lemonade Torte (I think that is what it is called) in the new Season's Best is very yummy and very pink!
Is there any chance I could get that recipe - we don't have it in the UK
Thanks,
Yvonne

Great Idea But....
MSmith said:
Throwing this out there as another twist to the Mommy & Me / Kids in the Kitchen thems: I've been thinking of a Mom & Me show that is geared towards the pre-teen/teen daughters....I have a 13 yr old daughter and have been thinking about the fact that how we cook and what we cook as a culture, etc. is getting lost as the generations go by...plus, she is growing up and needs to learn these things. So, I have been tossing around the idea of setting up a PC show to teach food cooking methods/preparation, tips on nutrition, etc. to this age group with their moms.

Also, thinking about doing this as a 'series' and/or in conjunction with a Mary Kay consultant where she can talk about taking care of their skin, how to correctly apply make-up, etc. For some reason, I think of things going in three's so I was also trying to think of another element to add to this concept.

I would appreciate opinions/thoughts on whether or not this could fly and maybe how best to approach it?

This sounds like great fun for the girls, but surely sales would not be great as each mum will only have a certain amount to spend, and I know my 13 year old would probably go for make-up over kitchen products and they can be very persuasive. What about a Pampered Spa Party instead to cover both aspects with just Pampered Chef Products. There is info under the PC files - I can't take credit for this.
Yvonne

Bookings where you don't expect them
pamperedbecky said:
Hi Jessica,
You're bound to have a fun and interesting time on Thursday night! I've done a bunch of kids' shows. I've made the Tic Tac Toe Pizzas from the "Let's Eat" cookbook. Here are some tips on what I do to try to make it go smoothly. You'll find that this will be kind of a crazy show and not at all like a normal PC show. You really won't have the time to discuss all the products and cross sell like you would at a regular kitchen show. You may have seen it on here, but I made up a flyer to give to moms that talk about the great products for kids. That saves time trying to talk about each one...especially when you're dealing with limited attention spans. Try to do your talking about "business" stuff right at the beginning.

For the pizza ingredients (and for anything else that each person is doing their own recipe), I would pre-measure all of the individual ingredients for each kid. Dixie cups are great for this. For example, I had the pizza sauce in one cup, the cut up string cheese in another cup, the pepperoni in yet another cup.

Oh, I also tell the kids they'll get a prize at the end if they show me they can listen and basically act like the do when they're in school. Trying to raise hands, not talking while others are talking, etc. This really motivates them. Sometimes I do stickers, sometimes I buy the big tups of sidewalk chalk and divide them up into baggies and give each kid one. The party stores sell them. When they hear they're getting a prize, it does help them stay on task a little better. Some of the older ones might be good helpers too! I also REALLY encourage my hosts of these shows to focus on outside orders. Have her try to get orders from the "non-kid" friends she has. If you have a website, encourage her out of town friends to browse the catalog on there and maybe place orders. I've been surprised, some of my kids shows have been $500 shows when I wasn't thinking they'd be that big. But I think it's a little harder to have a really great show with this type. But I know in my case, it would have been a show I never would have had if I didn't offer the kids show option! I have three in August alone that I don't think would have booked a show if it weren't for this theme.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

I did a kids/adult show recently, and there was a lady present who had hosted a "normal" kitchen show with another consultant. I didn't think she would book again so soon, but she has decided she wants a kids show as she enjoyed it so much!
Yvonne

Outdoor Kids Show Ideas?This is a great thread and I've gotten some idea already but I wanted to get your opinions first on those of you who have done kids shows and what will work best for me. My daughter is a pediatric nurse. On Sept 17th (afternoon - it will prob be hot here!), her office is doing a fundraiser for Hurricane Katrina victims. It will be a car-seat safety clinic with the fireman there and a fire truck for kids to climb on, kids fingerprinting, face painting, etc...families with kids can come and make a donation in cash or drop off items. They have ask me if I would like to do a little PC booth for the kids to help keep them occupied while the parents are doing the safety stuff. So...I need outdoor stuff, no oven of course, and stuff that is made ahead of time. I was thinking of decorting cookies or the mini-brownie bites in the Cooking With Kids Cookbook. Use the prep-bowls for toppings. Maybe bring some kook-aid and let the kids use the mix & stir pitchers and have little dixie cups for the drinks. Any ideas on how to organize this would be appreciated - and how to get some bookings. I will for sure bring some flyers with the Fall Specials and my website/email. Thanks a bunch! :)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tara Volpenhein
Replies
Views
buddy5909