• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kids (Even Teenagers) Say the Darndest Things!

of...my...DSs...used...to...say..."Strawbabies" instead...of...strawberries,...and...the...other...would...say..."Sweet...Toes"...for...sweet...potatoes. Yes- you miss those days! And of course, we never got it on video :cry:.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
If you have teenagers, or now-adult children, are you ever amazed by how worldly they are?

My small dog is lying on the couch next to me, shivering. She is scared of loud noises, so she does not enjoy the celebrations of this time of year. None of us (humans) though, can hear any fireworks right now, and when I mentioned Penny is shaking, my husband noted she hears far off fireworks. I commented "where - in China?" Our son sardonically asked why China would be celebrating our 4th of July. 14-year-old Ana responded "Well, technically, we're owned by China, since we owe them more than our banks can hold."

Who knew she was so politically (and economically) aware?! What happened to my innocent baby?:cry::D

That's awesome that she knows that - and sad that it is true.

Anyway, today we drove into the Walmart parking lot and my son who is 2 1/2 years old says "Oh, no - we're at Wallllllllllllllllllmert" I didn't even know he knew that. It was funny to hear.

As we were sitting in the ER last week waiting for me to get patched up after my accident at my show, my 8yr old asked me "Mommy- do you still love your job?" *lol* (Actually, YES...I've gotten more contacts BECAUSE of my accident that I wouldn't have had otherwise)

wow - quite a sobering insight for a 14-year old

btw my greyhound was in my closet and my jack russell was frantically trying to get close to me and lick me to death....poor things

Our 1 year old reached into DH shirt pocket the other night. When he came up empty-handed he said, "No money!" We laughed till we cried because we are so broke right now.

My 22 month old & I drove up to the bank drive thru & she yelled out the window, to the teller, "I NEEEEED FRIEEESSS!!!"

My DS (age 5) is confused with the concept of "radio".

A couple weeks ago, he ran errands with DH, in the truck. When they got back, he came running in to me and said "Mom - Dad has the same radio in the truck that you have in the car! It was playing the same music!"

Then a couple days ago, he was in the car with me, and he was singing along to a song. It ended, and he said "I like that song Mommy, can you play it again for me?" I explained that it wasn't possible because it was on the radio, and the guy at the radio station got to decide what songs were played. He was quiet for a couple minutes and then asked "Mommy, is that guy ever going to get out of the radio, so you can play that song for me?" :D

My son is now 19 and my nephews 21 and 23. This thread reminds me of many things they used to come up with. Here are some of their best:

When we told our son who was 3 at the time that he had chicken pox, he said.."but I don't want chicken pops!"

At Thanksgiving my oldest nephew was still in the high chair and my Mom leaned over and said..."Do you like Gramma's dressing?" (meaning her stuffing) and he said between bites..."Yes, Gramma and I like your earrings too."

And the younger nephew described a person that came to the door with larengitis and having gera-litis.

Love the bank drive through with the fries and the "no money in the shirt pocket"!!!

Loved when my 4 yo would worry that her balloon would "wind off" instead of blow off.

when my daughter first started talking we were at the park and she kept saying "Mommy, Cotton Eye Joe!" I would just laugh. After about the 4th time she sat down and started to take her sandles off. After me trying to stop her and her yelling "Cotton Eye Joe" over and over I realized she was saying "Rock in my toe" ha! I bet she was really irritated that I kept singing Cotton Eye Joe to her! lol

My oldest would say "yesternight" and "last-day" for the longest. We didn't correct it; it was so cute. She finally switched it around from hearing us say it correctly. I miss it!

WLMcCoy said:
My 22 month old & I drove up to the bank drive thru & she yelled out the window, to the teller, "I NEEEEED FRIEEESSS!!!"

I can so TOTALLY relate to that! :p

One of my DSs used to say "Strawbabies" instead of strawberries, and the other would say "Sweet Toes" for sweet potatoes. Yes- you miss those days! And of course, we never got it on video :cry:.

esavvymom said:
I can so TOTALLY relate to that! :p

One of my DSs used to say "Strawbabies" instead of strawberries, and the other would say "Sweet Toes" for sweet potatoes. Yes- you miss those days! And of course, we never got it on video :cry:.

My little guy called them Stubbies. :) (sometimes, we still do)

Oh, I have lots of the 'when they were little!'

Growing up, one of my family's favorite Christmas activities was driving around on Christmas Eve to see all the lights. When our son, who is now almost 20 (GASP!!) was about two, we decided to continue the tradition with him. When we passed a particularly festive house we would point and say 'Look, Sam, how pretty.' After a while, he would start pointing to houses and saying "Look, pretties."

My niece posted this on Facebook about her daughter (my grand-niece):

Bella: " wait, thats the ribs? (pointing to her stomach) so if someone dies we can put some sauce on it and eat it?"

1. What age range is appropriate for "Kids (Even Teenagers) Say the Darndest Things!"?

Our show is designed for all ages, but is most suitable for children and teenagers between the ages of 5-18.

2. Is this show appropriate for a family event?

Absolutely! Our show is family-friendly and perfect for events such as birthday parties, family reunions, or school functions.

3. How long is the "Kids (Even Teenagers) Say the Darndest Things!" show?

The show typically runs for about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the audience and level of audience participation.

4. Can we request specific topics or themes for the show?

Yes, we are happy to accommodate specific requests for topics or themes. Just let us know in advance so we can tailor the show to your needs.

5. Do you travel for shows or do we need to come to a specific location?

We are able to travel for shows and can perform at a location of your choice. Additional travel fees may apply depending on the distance and location.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Get_Pampered
Back