• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bookings Kids cooking show?

Jun 5, 2009
I am a board member in my daughter's preschool and both my very close friends work at a preschool and suggested that I should do a kids cooking class. I have found a few files for it but dont know how I should charge the parents. And also, is this even profitable? Thanks.

Aeilene

ChefJWarren

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jun 25, 2007
There are many ways to organize this type of event. Hmm.... ideas, ideas, ideas...

Generally what I charge the parents depends on what I give the kids to take home. I then add a couple of extra dollars for ingredients and goodies. This has been profitable for me because the parents are there and look through the catalog and always end up ordering additional items-I also have a special order form that has all the products I used listed so they can easily check off what they want.

If it's at a school you could call it a "class" and charge a little more than I do, since the parents will prob not be there.

lovecookn

Gold Member
May 20, 2009
There are many ways to organize this type of event. Hmm.... ideas, ideas, ideas...

Generally what I charge the parents depends on what I give the kids to take home. I then add a couple of extra dollars for ingredients and goodies. This has been profitable for me because the parents are there and look through the catalog and always end up ordering additional items-I also have a special order form that has all the products I used listed so they can easily check off what they want.

If it's at a school you could call it a "class" and charge a little more than I do, since the parents will prob not be there.
What do you charge? What do products do they get and what recipes work well? And what age groups do you target?

ChefJWarren

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jun 25, 2007
I've done 3 at my house over the past year.

Holiday Kids in the Kitchen - $15 per child. They got My Safe Cutter, Creative Cutters Set and Personalized Tote. We made pizza pocket sandwiches, brownie lollipops and cookies.

Pizza Party - $20 per child, $2 each additional child (only receive one stone). They got Small Bar Pan. We made personal pizzas, punch and used Decorator Bottle Set to decorate sugar cookies. This was on Valentine's weekend so there were games and activities related to that.

Ice Cream Sundae Picnic - $12 per child, $10 siblings. They got Dots Small Bowl. We made ice cream sundaes and homemade lemonade. I then had them all sit on a blanket in my living room and had a movie playing. I gave them silly straws to drink their lemonade with and then decorate a bag (colored paper bag) to take home their goodies in. This was my most successful one. My spots filled up and I had to turn some people away.

Mostly I've had anywhere from 2 year olds to 7 year olds come.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
I saw this recipe on Pioneer Woman's site today- it is just too cute - especially for spring. But I was thinking it MIGHT work for a Kids-in-the-Kitchen show...especially for slightly older kids (like NOT Preschool??). Anyway....just thought I'd post it here.

The Pioneer Woman Cooks - Ree Drummond

cookingwithdot

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Oct 20, 2009
I LOVE this idea! I totally want to do this! Who and how do you market the classes? How many kids max can come?

smithcooking

May 8, 2007
I've done 3 at my house over the past year.

Holiday Kids in the Kitchen - $15 per child. They got My Safe Cutter, Creative Cutters Set and Personalized Tote. We made pizza pocket sandwiches, brownie lollipops and cookies.

Pizza Party - $20 per child, $2 each additional child (only receive one stone). They got Small Bar Pan. We made personal pizzas, punch and used Decorator Bottle Set to decorate sugar cookies. This was on Valentine's weekend so there were games and activities related to that.

Ice Cream Sundae Picnic - $12 per child, $10 siblings. They got Dots Small Bowl. We made ice cream sundaes and homemade lemonade. I then had them all sit on a blanket in my living room and had a movie playing. I gave them silly straws to drink their lemonade with and then decorate a bag (colored paper bag) to take home their goodies in. This was my most successful one. My spots filled up and I had to turn some people away.

Mostly I've had anywhere from 2 year olds to 7 year olds come.

I would love to get some info from you on these different ideas that you have done and how you did the recipes that you made.

Thank you,
Ashley

otisbg

Advanced Member
Gold Member
May 5, 2008
I would like more information on this too. At a recent show, one of my customers who recently relocated form California to Ohio told me that 5 years ago, when her daughters were in Girl Scouts, a Pampered Chef consultant came and did a Kids in the Kitchen "show" and it helped them get the cooking badge. She said they made the layered batter bowl Holiday gift idea for their moms and got to bring that home. They started by baking the cookies that the mix represented. She said they were charged $20.00 and that included the small batter bowl, adjustable measuring spoon and small measuring cup as well as ingredients. I bet we could get some good plans going on here to prepare for fall shows as it may be a bit late to get these on their meeting scheudle for Mother's Day.