• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I successfully host a kids cooking show?

In summary, Megan was looking for ideas on how to do a kids cooking show. There are a number of ways to do this, but the most popular way is to charge a fee and include some small item in the fee. Megan's two favorite recipes to do with kids are Cut N Seal and Quick Stir Pitcher. She recommends keeping it simple and letting the kids do most of the work.
MHPampered
Hey everyone. I was approached by another mom at my daughters play group about doing a kids cooking show. I am very excited about doing it, but I am not sure how to do it. I have two children myself, so its not the kid part, but what do I do? Do I have the moms purchase items for each kid prior to the show? or do I just demo items....any ideas would be great. I have been searching the files and I just can't figure how to do it and what to make...please help me....:)

Megan

There are a number of older threads on this that talk about various ways people have done it. Some have charged a fee per child and that fee includes some small item.

The way I have done them so far is NOT to charge a fee. I've done it 2 ways, one is as a regular show in the sense that the mom booked a show and then decided to do it as a kids show so she invited her mom friends and their kids. Moms looked at catalogs, placed orders, etc. while I did cooking with the kids. The second way I've done them is as a "Kids Day Out" type activity. I went into that one in particular with the no intention of making it a show but more as a way to build contacts, get my name out there, etc. It did turn into a show though because of course the moms' interests were piqued as they saw how easy it was for me to get the kids involved in cooking.

My favorite recipes to do with kids are ones that use the Cut N Seal and the Quick Stir Pitcher. I usually so some sort of drink in the QSP which even the littlest kids can help with, and then a Pizza Pocket with the Cut N Seal. I use the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls and show off how they have the non-slip bottom and let the kids mix up the cheese and sauce. Then I let them slice mushrooms with the Egg Slicer and then they seal with the Cut N Seal, then brush butter on with the Basting Brush. Then I have a parent cook them (like grilled cheese) in the 8" Saute Pan.

Keep it simple is my advice, you'll lose interest quickly with younger kids. I also do a little "teaching" moment to start my show, by talking to the kids about washing their hands and safety in the kitchen. I have them put olive oil and cinnamon on their hands and then we try to rinse it off with cold water, then warm water and finally with warm water and soap (sometimes I eliminate the warm water step if there are a lot of kids to speed it up), and i talk to them at each step to say "does it feel clean?" NO! and then emphasize that's why we need to use water AND soap when washing our hands.

Good luck!

I need a no cook recipe for a kids demo at the library in two weeks--probably about 50+ kids or so..I always do mini taffy apple pizzas, but now with so many kids allergice to PButter I thought that might not be a good idea--thought about just doing them with cream cheese instead of PB and cream cheese, + apple berry salsa--any other thoughts about this? It's a mommy n me cooking class.

how does one make the pizza pockets?

ALso Nancy- I am in your same boat what did you end up deciding on for food? Your help is greatly apprecaited

Julie

, first of all, congratulations on being approached about doing a kids cooking show! That is such an exciting opportunity. As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant and a mom of two, I can definitely understand your excitement and your questions about how to make it successful. When it comes to hosting a kids cooking show, there are a few different approaches you can take. One option is to have the moms purchase items for each kid prior to the show. This can be a great way to ensure that each child has their own tools and ingredients to work with, and it also gives the moms a chance to be involved and feel like they are contributing to the show. Another option is to demo the items yourself and have the kids participate in the cooking process. This can be a fun and interactive way to get the kids involved, and it also takes the pressure off of the moms to have to purchase specific items beforehand. As for what to make, I would suggest keeping it simple and kid-friendly. Finger foods, like mini pizzas or fruit kabobs, are always a hit with little ones. You could also consider incorporating some healthy options, like veggie wraps or yogurt parfaits, to teach the kids about nutritious eating habits. Lastly, don't be afraid to think outside the box and get creative with your show. Maybe you could have a theme for each episode, like a "picnic party" or "international cuisine," and have the kids help choose the recipes and decorate the set accordingly. I hope these ideas help get you started. Remember to have fun and enjoy the process with your own children and the other kids in the group. Good luck with your show!

1. What age range is appropriate for the Kids Cooking Show?

The Kids Cooking Show is designed for children ages 5-12 years old. However, children of all ages are welcome to participate with adult supervision.

2. Do I need any special equipment or ingredients for the show?

No, the Kids Cooking Show uses simple and easy-to-find ingredients and basic kitchen tools. We encourage children to use what they have at home and get creative!

3. Can my child participate even if they have dietary restrictions or food allergies?

Absolutely! We understand that each child may have unique dietary needs and we strive to provide options for all participants. Please let us know about any restrictions or allergies beforehand so we can make accommodations.

4. How long is the Kids Cooking Show?

The show typically lasts about 45 minutes to an hour. However, the duration may vary depending on the recipe and the age and skill level of the children participating.

5. How do I register my child for the Kids Cooking Show?

You can register your child for the Kids Cooking Show online through our website or by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant. Please note that spots are limited and registration is on a first come, first served basis.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayteTUrner
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KayteTUrner
Replies
Views
buddy5909
Replies
Views
Grandmarita