1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Kids cooking show!! Help

1. MHPampered

MHPampered Member

Hey everyone. I was approached by another mom at my daughters play group about doing a kids cooking show. I am very excited about doing it, but I am not sure how to do it. I have two children myself, so its not the kid part, but what do I do? Do I have the moms purchase items for each kid prior to the show? or do I just demo items....any ideas would be great. I have been searching the files and I just can't figure how to do it and what to make...please help me....:)

Megan

Jan 6, 2010
  2. MLinAZ

MLinAZ Member Gold Member

There are a number of older threads on this that talk about various ways people have done it. Some have charged a fee per child and that fee includes some small item.

The way I have done them so far is NOT to charge a fee. I've done it 2 ways, one is as a regular show in the sense that the mom booked a show and then decided to do it as a kids show so she invited her mom friends and their kids. Moms looked at catalogs, placed orders, etc. while I did cooking with the kids. The second way I've done them is as a "Kids Day Out" type activity. I went into that one in particular with the no intention of making it a show but more as a way to build contacts, get my name out there, etc. It did turn into a show though because of course the moms' interests were piqued as they saw how easy it was for me to get the kids involved in cooking.

My favorite recipes to do with kids are ones that use the Cut N Seal and the Quick Stir Pitcher. I usually so some sort of drink in the QSP which even the littlest kids can help with, and then a Pizza Pocket with the Cut N Seal. I use the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls and show off how they have the non-slip bottom and let the kids mix up the cheese and sauce. Then I let them slice mushrooms with the Egg Slicer and then they seal with the Cut N Seal, then brush butter on with the Basting Brush. Then I have a parent cook them (like grilled cheese) in the 8" Saute Pan.

Keep it simple is my advice, you'll lose interest quickly with younger kids. I also do a little "teaching" moment to start my show, by talking to the kids about washing their hands and safety in the kitchen. I have them put olive oil and cinnamon on their hands and then we try to rinse it off with cold water, then warm water and finally with warm water and soap (sometimes I eliminate the warm water step if there are a lot of kids to speed it up), and i talk to them at each step to say "does it feel clean?" NO! and then emphasize that's why we need to use water AND soap when washing our hands.

Good luck!

Jan 7, 2010
  3. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

I need a no cook recipe for a kids demo at the library in two weeks--probably about 50+ kids or so..I always do mini taffy apple pizzas, but now with so many kids allergice to PButter I thought that might not be a good idea--thought about just doing them with cream cheese instead of PB and cream cheese, + apple berry salsa--any other thoughts about this? It's a mommy n me cooking class.

Jan 7, 2010
  4. JulieHaak

JulieHaak Gold Member

how does one make the pizza pockets?

ALso Nancy- I am in your same boat what did you end up deciding on for food? Your help is greatly apprecaited

Julie

Jan 22, 2010
Have something to add?