• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should We Cook at the Kids Cooking Show?

In summary, during a conversation about the possibility of doing a class for kids at a local daycare, the speaker mentions preordering items for the demo and keeping the cost at around $20 per child. They also discuss using items such as decorator bottles, creative cutters, and my safe cutter for recipes like fruit salad, mini sandwiches, and smoothies. Some suggestions for other items to use are all-purpose spreader, cut-n-seal, citrus peeler, bar board, mini-whipper, egg slicer, and quikut paring knife. The speaker also mentions the importance of involving parents in the class and the positive impact it could have on sales.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
One of the people I met this weekend at Healthy Kids Day at the YMCA is the director of a local daycare. She wanted to know if I could do a class for the kids (pre4-9yrs old) for camp this summer. It would be all day and different age groups at different times (so the four year old class and then later a different class). I would like to preorder for this show (b/c the moms wont be around to order it's just me, the kids, and their teachers). Not sure what to make or have them order. The director said she would send home a permission slip similar to when they go on a field trip so the parents can order the items needed for the demo. I would like to keep it at around $20/kid). Any ideas on recipes or items I could have them pre order? I was thinking of the decorator bottles, and the creative cutters, and the my safe cutter but I wasn't sure if that was silly. I mean if your kid came home with those items would you be like ???

I have done a variety of Kids in the Kitchen things. One of the most popular was Fruit Salad. We cut up various fruits using the My Safe Cutter. I always had parents at mine so I am not sure what you would do about using anything like the Apple Wedger. I am very paranoid of getting a child hurt and would rather have a parent there for the "responsibility" angle. You can do either cookies or sandwiches with the Creative Cutters. I let the kids make mini sandwiches where they cut out shapes from cheese slices, turkey or ham, and bread. They loved putting them together. Good luck!

I think the decorator bottles sound great, but I am with Jane on being worried about the kids getting hurt. I know I have had a few kids come to shows and have gotten them involved, and honestly it seems like those moms are the ones that order the most. I don't know if it is b/c they appreciate me doing this or if it just helps them to feel like it is more of a family purchase than a splurge, or what, but is there any way they can get the parents involved?

Im doing a kid friendly show May 23rd I need some ideas on what to make. If anyone can help please do so!

Thanks Renee

All-purpose spreader, my safe cutter, cut-n-seal, citrus peeler, bar board, mini-whipper, egg slicer (strawberries, kiwi, olives) - some of things I've used at kids kamps.Sandwiches - pb&j, ham & cheese, pizza pockets
Pizza - on tortillas, english muffins, or pita flats
smoothies

I love the idea of mini sandwiches with the creative cutters! I'm going to go do that this weekend with my son. :)

I didnt think much of my safe cutters. It's very blunt, really only good for playdough! I am now supervising my kids with the quikut paring knife instead.

What is a Kids Cooking Show at Daycare?

A Kids Cooking Show at Daycare is a fun and interactive cooking event where children get to learn basic cooking skills and make their own snacks or meals with the help of a Pampered Chef consultant.

How long does a Kids Cooking Show at Daycare last?

The duration of a Kids Cooking Show at Daycare can vary depending on the age of the children and the menu being prepared. Generally, it lasts between 45 minutes to an hour.

What types of recipes are included in a Kids Cooking Show at Daycare?

The recipes for a Kids Cooking Show at Daycare are carefully selected to be age-appropriate and easy for children to make with adult supervision. They can include simple snacks like fruit kabobs, homemade granola bars, or even mini pizzas.

Do the children get to take home the recipes from the Kids Cooking Show at Daycare?

Yes, each child will receive a Pampered Chef recipe card with the recipes used during the cooking show. This way, they can recreate the dishes at home with their parents or guardians.

Is there a cost for a Kids Cooking Show at Daycare?

Yes, there is a small fee for the ingredients and supplies used during the cooking show. However, the fee can be waived if the daycare or school hosts a Pampered Chef fundraiser event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DeannaK1022
Replies
Views
buddy5909
  • MHPampered
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire