• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun and Easy Kids Cooking Classes for the Holiday Season

In summary, the conversation revolved around cooking classes with kids and the different recipes and products that were used. Some suggestions included mini pizzas and pies, as well as a monthly cooking class for teenagers. There was also discussion about the challenges and benefits of doing cooking shows with children.
Chef Diane
I know I read on here somewhere that some of you cheffers have done cooking classes with kids. I was wondering what recipes you did and what products they got to take home with them.

I'd like to do a couple over Christmas/winter break. Was thinking about doing something with the decorator bottles, its the perfect EAD size for their little hands. Any suggestions, menu ideas?

My kids like to make indiv. pizzas. I use canned biscuts, they each roll them out with the bakers roller, add their own toppings. They have a lot of fun with them. Mini pies are also fun. Make a few diff fillings (chopped apples w/cinn sugar etc) and use ready made pie dough with the cut and seal. Have fun!

No More!I have to say that I think I'm done doing Mommy and Me Shows. They seem to be twice the work for half the profit. The kids and (usually) the adults enjoy them, but I don't think they realize that I would like to make some money for the time and energy I put into the evening. I have a degree in El. Ed. and love working with kids, but those shows are total stress for me! Trying to keep 15-20 children of all ages occupied, the parents happy, and 4-6 recipes flowing makes me :eek: .

I think a small group of older elementary children would be fun, though. It would be neat to teach them a recipe for them to make at home for their families. 1 recipe+small group of children=happy consultant!:D Maybe I'll try to promote that idea instead!

My experience with kids ranges from my pre-school grands and their 12 yr. old brother, and Mom, to 6 early teen girls and 5 Moms. No question, it is work,
more than for a normal (all adults party). True, the sales are low but the fun is high. We could not survive on this party for every party. I have such fond memories of these special parties that one a month would be ideal. The teen party was a repeat hostess, and one of her guests had been a hostess, after the first party. I'm expecting we will be doing it again before the girls "age out". Once that happens, I pray the Moms will continue to book. I'm also hoping "word of mouth" about my fun parties will generate a few other kids parties. When I signed in April 2005, that had been my dream. It still is.

I do Cooking Shows for Teenagers once a month. Almost like a Home Econ. class. We go over kitchen safety then make an appetizer, main dish and dessert. The Teens love it and look forward to it every month. I tell their parents I charge $50 per child and $30 for sibling, but when the leave the receive a bag of goodies (product worth about 50 including shipping) I have 6 Teens (boys and girls) so it counts as a show. So we all benifit from the class. This month the kids are experienced enough with the tools that we are doing an amazing race show and party afterwards. I sit down with the kids at the end of our class and we as a team plan the menu for next month.

Cindy Munesato
Future Director
Gardena, Ca

pamperedcindy said:
I do Cooking Shows for Teenagers once a month. Almost like a Home Econ. class. We go over kitchen safety then make an appetizer, main dish and dessert. The Teens love it and look forward to it every month. I tell their parents I charge $50 per child and $30 for sibling, but when the leave the receive a bag of goodies (product worth about 50 including shipping) I have 6 Teens (boys and girls) so it counts as a show. So we all benifit from the class. This month the kids are experienced enough with the tools that we are doing an amazing race show and party afterwards. I sit down with the kids at the end of our class and we as a team plan the menu for next month.

Cindy Munesato
Future Director
Gardena, Ca

How did you find this group of teens? Is it something you advertised? If so - how did you advertise? This sounds like so much fun!

yes I agree
pcjulie said:
I have to say that I think I'm done doing Mommy and Me Shows. They seem to be twice the work for half the profit. The kids and (usually) the adults enjoy them, but I don't think they realize that I would like to make some money for the time and energy I put into the evening. I have a degree in El. Ed. and love working with kids, but those shows are total stress for me! Trying to keep 15-20 children of all ages occupied, the parents happy, and 4-6 recipes flowing makes me :eek: .

I think a small group of older elementary children would be fun, though. It would be neat to teach them a recipe for them to make at home for their families. 1 recipe+small group of children=happy consultant!:D Maybe I'll try to promote that idea instead!
15-20 kids would be a handful then to add 4-6 recipes. No way would I do this. I am keeping the class to 6 and only doing 1 or 2 recipes. Short easy recipes. Thought I'd try it out and see how it works over the winter break. If anything it would be fun once a month, to stay active anyway.

I'd like to know more about the teens too, that sounds like something I could get used to doing. Not a reg show? sure, but educational for all of us.

What age range are the Kids Cooking Classes designed for?

The Kids Cooking Classes at Pampered Chef are designed for children between the ages of 6-12 years old. However, we do offer some classes for younger children with the assistance of a parent or guardian.

Do I need to have any previous cooking experience to enroll my child in a class?

No previous cooking experience is required for our Kids Cooking Classes. Our classes are designed to be fun and educational for children of all skill levels, from beginner to advanced.

What types of recipes will my child learn to make in the classes?

Our Kids Cooking Classes cover a wide range of recipes, from simple snacks and desserts to more complex meals. We also offer themed classes, such as holiday baking or international cuisine, to expose children to a variety of cooking styles and flavors.

Are the ingredients and supplies provided for the classes?

Yes, all necessary ingredients and supplies for the Kids Cooking Classes are provided by Pampered Chef. We use high-quality, kid-friendly ingredients and equipment to ensure a safe and enjoyable cooking experience for your child.

Can parents or guardians attend the classes with their child?

Parents or guardians are welcome to attend the Kids Cooking Classes with their child, but it is not required. Our classes are designed to be a fun and independent learning experience for children, but we understand the importance of parental involvement and supervision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
Replies
Views
DeannaK1022
  • pattikake
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies