• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun and Educational Cooking Class for Kids: Tips, Ideas, and Activities

In summary, a discussion about a cooking basics class for kids was had, with the intention of teaching a group of 8-9 year old Girl Scouts. The class will focus on measuring, whisking, and cutting simple ingredients. The host will donate a 'my safe cutter' to the group and is considering making a recipe using rolled out canned biscuits. Other ideas suggested were a taffy apple tart recipe, stone soup activity, and making brownies in a mini muffin pan. The overall goal is to have a more structured "class" atmosphere rather than a kid's party.
DeannaK1022
Has anyone done a "cooking basics" class for kids? I'm doing one in July for a group of Girl Scouts (Brownies?) that are 8-9 years old.

It's a group of about 10 girls.. I'm donating a 'my safe cutter's' to the group and giving one to each girl.

I'm thinking measuring, whisking, cutting simple things.. any other ideas?

I'm working through a recipe using rolled out canned biscuits with the bakers roller and filling them like ravioli or something.

I would like to have a more 'class' like atmosphere than kid party.

Thanks in advance for suggestions !! :chef:

I made the taffy apple tart recipe with my two little girls last year and they LOVED it! They're only 3 and 4, and we made the filling like it says in the Seasons Best, then instead of making little tarts, we made individual pies using the cut n seal, then brushed them with butter and sprinkled with the sweet cinnamon sprinkle. It was a totally kid friendly recipe (and show off a lot of the kid friendly products) and they had so much fun with me as their helper! :)

dme.grant said:
I made the taffy apple tart recipe with my two little girls last year and they LOVED it! They're only 3 and 4, and we made the filling like it says in the Seasons Best, then instead of making little tarts, we made individual pies using the cut n seal, then brushed them with butter and sprinkled with the sweet cinnamon sprinkle. It was a totally kid friendly recipe (and show off a lot of the kid friendly products) and they had so much fun with me as their helper! :)

That's a really cute idea!

You could do a "stone soup" based on the book Stone Soup. They can use the new safe cutters to cut up veggies. You can also make simple brownies in the mini muffin pan using scoops. That would help with whisking, cracking eggs, measuring, and following recipes. Hope this helps!

great suggestions all.. the Stone Soup is really cute!

lots to think about!

1. What age range is suitable for the Kid's Cooking Class?

The Kid's Cooking Class is suitable for children ages 5-12 years old.

2. Do parents need to stay during the class?

Parents are not required to stay during the class, but they are welcome to observe or participate with their child if they choose.

3. What type of recipes will the kids be making?

The recipes for the Kid's Cooking Class are designed to be fun and easy for kids to make, such as homemade pizza, fruit kabobs, and chocolate chip cookies.

4. Is there a cost for the Kid's Cooking Class?

Yes, there is a fee for the Kid's Cooking Class, which covers the cost of ingredients and materials. The fee may vary depending on the specific class and location.

5. Are there any dietary restrictions or allergies that can be accommodated?

We do our best to accommodate any dietary restrictions or allergies, but please inform us at the time of registration so we can make appropriate accommodations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
  • chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
puffinsplace
  • HealthNut