1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Kids cooking class ideas?

1. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

I have read thread about kids cooking shows and did a mommy and me before but I am interested in trying this type of "Pre register cooking class" with kids 5 and under. My daugther has a class of 30+ kids and think it could be fun and full of potential! But I have ???

1. What types of products would you recommend be on the "pre ordering" list before the show? like the cookbook, chefs hat and apron set, kids cookie cutting set, or small batter bowl or prep bowls or what else?

2.Do you pay for the ingredients or have that incl. with the pre-paid part? Are there recipes in the kids cookbook that would list tools needed? Or what recipes would you recommend?

Thanks for any help!

Feb 23, 2006
  2. Chef Diane

Chef Diane Member

re: kids cooking classes

Hi Heather,

Yes the cookbook has tools listed in the cookbook. The recipes look like the ones in all the other PC cookbooks. The recipes are easy and fun for kids. They show pictures of what tools are needed also. On pages 9 & 10 are a list of all the "helpful tools"

1. kids cutters
    2. sm nylon turner
    3. kitchen shears
    4. my safe cutter
    5. classic batter bowl
    6. measuring cups
    7. baker's roller
    8. oven mitt (discontinued this season)
    9. all-pupose spreader
    10. food chopper
    11. crinkle cutter
    12. ice cream dipper
    13. deluxe cheese grater
    14. bamboo spoon
    15. stainless steel scoops
    16. egg slicer plus
    17. stainless steel whisk
    18. classic scraper

as for stones they use:
    mini baker
    small bar pan
    square baker
    classic round stone
    rectangular stone

they also mention in some recipes the chillzanne(R) collander and bowls, the cutting board and the garlic press.

That's a lot of tools to choose from. If you don't have the book I'd get it. Its perfect for little ones. The only kid friendly cookbook I've seen. Bright pictures and kid appealing meals.

I hope this was helpful.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
    Feb 28, 2006
  3. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

thank you!

I will get the book during Kit enhancement! Along with the rest of the recipe book collections! I will look through it to give me some ideas!

Feb 28, 2006
Have something to add?