• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kids Cooking Class Email: Looking for Guinea Pigs to Test New Show!

In summary, Becky is looking for moms to host a Kids Cooking Class for their kids, with the moms getting a special gift from the host. The format is to have the moms sit down with the kids and go over the show, followed by the kids making food and serving it to the moms.
So, the real question is how do you make money on a show like this? The few I have done have been chaotic and low show sales. Moms just don't have time to shop and the host doesn't seem to get outside orders (like invite friends without kids)....

I've got a kids cooking class tomorrow night. I'm going to try the Chicken Nuggets and Slaw, with the Dessert Pizzas. What about a drink? What would you all suggest as a kid friendly drink, that is somewhat healthy!?

Lemonade! Make it in the QSP, and use the Citrus Press, if you have it, to juice the lemons. Kids can help squeeze the press.

Lemonade! Make it in the QSP, and use the Citrus Press, if you have it, to juice the lemons. Kids can help squeeze the press.
Ahh, yes - this will be perfect. I've got the citrus press too :) And I think I'll add a few fresh raspberries (spin 'em first), to give the drink a little color and flavor. Thanks Ann

Becky- Do you still do these and are they working?

I love this idea and it would be great to pitch to some of the local Mommy groups in my area. We are always looking for fun ways to involve our children. Thank you Becky for the idea.

This sounds like a wonderful idea!! Thanks!

What a great e-mail, Becky. I got lost for a moment and almost booked a show with you :) I'm looking forward to trying something like this with all of my "mommy" contacts.

I think that the kids' cooking show is a great idea but I think that I would want to an upfront charge per child. and then you can offer a percentage off for any orders that the moms make. that way at least you know you are walking away with some $$ for your time. It is a few hours of entertainment for the kids and a little relaxation time for the moms. thanks for the fabulous idea.

I'm a new consultant and my son is going back to pre-school tomorrow so I was thinking of offering this type of show, but am slightly intimidated. Anyone who's done this, can you offer tips? Like I would think just one recipe if they are 5 and under, maybe a healthy dessert...keep the moms IN THE ROOM while the kids are 'cooking' so they can see how the kids are helping? Any other tips to make it run smoother? Maybe even have a cap on guests... no more than 10 and no children under 3? Any info would help!

I do mine every 3-4 months and charge an upfront fee per child. Usually its $10-$15. The child gets to take home a product too - depends on theme/season. On the 19th I'm doing KITK Back to School. Its $10 per child and they are taking home a Prep Bowl and All Purpose Spreader. I am going to do storytime and then we'll make 2-3 recipes that go along with something in the book. For sure we are making mud in the Prep Bowl (choc pudding with crushed oreos). I have snacks for the parents and cattys and order forms out. They get free shipping for orders placed that day. Its been a hit everytime, and I've had to turn children away because my spots were full. Oh yeah, this time I'm doing one day with workshops at 10am, 1pm and 4pm.

that sounds like somethig i could do! lol great ideas jessica

Pre-school aged kids I would definitely insist that the parent remains in the room. Advertise it as a Mommy & Me class. Kids that age will need help handling the tools.

I usually have PK age kids sign up and I've never had a problem with parents not helping. They are mostly drawn to help their kids - its just instinct.

I was thinking of this and charginf $15 with $5 for supplies and a free gift and then $10 off any order in the book for mom's...That way I know I will at least have a $300 show (2 groups with 15 kids each). Let me know what you think! I can't do recipes that require cooking- I was thinking of pre-baking cakes in prep bowls and having the kids decorate.

What a great idea! I'll have to start thinking about this for next Mother's Day.

set-n-stone said:
"Thinking out loud" I was thinking of doing a "Mother Day Show" for Dad and kids... maybe where the Dad's and Kids can come and learn to make a meal for mom (maybe breakfast in bed). Offer a small item for the child - for a price. Then offer gift cert., and have the catalogs for them to order something for mom. Dad's will be there to learn the meal, and pay for any gifts for mom.... thoughts???

What a great idea. I love it! I'll have to start planning for Mother's Day 2010.

I do mine every 3-4 months and charge an upfront fee per child. Usually its $10-$15. The child gets to take home a product too - depends on theme/season. On the 19th I'm doing KITK Back to School. Its $10 per child and they are taking home a Prep Bowl and All Purpose Spreader. I am going to do storytime and then we'll make 2-3 recipes that go along with something in the book. For sure we are making mud in the Prep Bowl (choc pudding with crushed oreos). I have snacks for the parents and cattys and order forms out. They get free shipping for orders placed that day. Its been a hit everytime, and I've had to turn children away because my spots were full. Oh yeah, this time I'm doing one day with workshops at 10am, 1pm and 4pm.
How did this turn out for you? And what recipes did you and the kids make?

H2: What is the purpose of the email?<p>The purpose of the email is to find 3-4 Moms who would be willing to host the consultant's new kids cooking class format and help her test it out.</p>H2: Why does the consultant want Moms to be present at the cooking class?<p>The consultant wants Moms to be present at the cooking class because she believes that involving kids in the kitchen can help them develop healthier eating habits. The class will also teach kitchen safety and provide fun ideas for Moms to get their kids involved in cooking at home.</p>H2: What will the consultant provide for the first shows with the new format?<p>The consultant will provide all of the ingredients for the "charter" shows with the new format, as well as a special gift for the charter hosts.</p>H2: How can someone become a "Guinea Pig" for the new cooking class format?<p>To become a "Guinea Pig," someone can email the consultant expressing their interest in hosting the new format with their friends and their kids. If they are unable to host, they can also pass on the information to someone who might be interested in helping.</p>H2: What is the consultant's goal for this new show format?<p>The consultant's goal is to make cooking fun for kids and to help families eat healthier by involving kids in the kitchen. She is excited about rolling out this new format and is looking forward to working with interested hosts.</p>
H2: What is the purpose of the email?

The purpose of the email is to find 3-4 Moms who would be willing to host the consultant's new kids cooking class format and help her test it out.

H2: Why does the consultant want Moms to be present at the cooking class?

The consultant wants Moms to be present at the cooking class because she believes that involving kids in the kitchen can help them develop healthier eating habits. The class will also teach kitchen safety and provide fun ideas for Moms to get their kids involved in cooking at home.

H2: What will the consultant provide for the first shows with the new format?

The consultant will provide all of the ingredients for the "charter" shows with the new format, as well as a special gift for the charter hosts.

H2: How can someone become a "Guinea Pig" for the new cooking class format?

To become a "Guinea Pig," someone can email the consultant expressing their interest in hosting the new format with their friends and their kids. If they are unable to host, they can also pass on the information to someone who might be interested in helping.

H2: What is the consultant's goal for this new show format?

The consultant's goal is to make cooking fun for kids and to help families eat healthier by involving kids in the kitchen. She is excited about rolling out this new format and is looking forward to working with interested hosts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
  • tys1031
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Adrian
  • pampered1224
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies