• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kids B-Day Treat for School, Gluten Free?

In summary, for those looking to make a gluten-free treat for a school birthday celebration, Pampered Chef offers a variety of gluten-free recipes on their website using ingredients such as almond flour, coconut flour, and gluten-free oats. Regular baking ingredients can also be substituted with gluten-free alternatives, but it's important to check the recipe and measurements. To ensure the treat is safe for kids with severe allergies, precautions should be taken to prevent cross-contamination and store-bought gluten-free treats are also an option, as long as the ingredients and allergen warnings are checked.
babywings76
Gold Member
My son's teacher has asked that all treats brought in to be nut free & gluten free. Any ideas what I should make for him to bring in for his b-day treat next week?

Rice Krispie treats - IF you make them yourself and don't buy the packaged ones.

King Arthur Flour makes the best GF mixes that I have found. You could make cookies, cupcakes, or brownies with one of those mixes. Well, there is one company better, but they are harder to find - Although the Meijers around here carries it now in their little GF section - it's called Namaste, and the chocolate cake mix is absolutely wonderful. They have a great brownie mix, and blondie mix too. The nice thing is that they are certified free of just about every food allergen. No gluten, nuts, soy, dairy, corn, etc....

I use the Namaste Mixes when I need to make something for my son's class, because there are several different food allergies in his class, besides his allergies, and Namaste is the only safe mix. Plus, they are actually very good!

Thanks, I'll look and see what our stores have. :)

I have just used rice flour in recipes and it has turned out good so far.

Sandi

I'm surprised they let you bring homemade goodies!

I use Plantain flour in everything, so yummy!

I found this recipe: Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies | RecipeGirl.comWonder if it'll be good. Think it's worth the trouble of buying all those different flours?Also, she referred to using GF chocolate chips. Um, do chocolate chips have gluten in them?! I never would've thought that.

1. How can I make a gluten-free treat for my child's school birthday celebration?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of gluten-free recipes on our website that are perfect for school birthday treats. From cookies and cupcakes to snack bars and fruit dips, there are plenty of options to choose from.

2. What are some gluten-free ingredients that can be used in baking?

Some common gluten-free ingredients for baking include almond flour, coconut flour, gluten-free oats, and rice flour. You can also find pre-made gluten-free flour blends at most grocery stores.

3. Can I use regular baking ingredients in a gluten-free recipe?

In most cases, you can substitute regular baking ingredients with gluten-free alternatives. However, it's important to check the recipe and make sure the amounts are the same.

4. How can I ensure that my gluten-free treat is safe for kids with severe allergies?

When preparing a gluten-free treat for a school celebration, it's important to take precautions to prevent cross-contamination. Use separate utensils, bowls, and baking sheets for gluten-free ingredients, and label the treat as gluten-free to avoid confusion.

5. Are there any store-bought gluten-free treats that are suitable for school birthday parties?

Yes, there are many store-bought gluten-free treats available, such as cookies, brownies, and snack bars. However, it's always a good idea to check the ingredients list and allergen warnings to ensure the treat is safe for all children in the classroom.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies