• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating a Fun Kid Show: Tips for Hosting with Kids!

In summary, the conversation is about hosting a kid show at home and the concerns and expectations that come with it. The speaker is unsure about how many kids to invite and how to keep them entertained. They plan on borrowing a kid set from their director and hope that the show will be a fun and successful event. Another person shares their experience of hosting a kid show and warns that it can be chaotic and difficult to make sales, but wishes the speaker good luck.
fatchef
:eek: My kids and I want to host a kid show at our house, I know there were a lot of threads about kid show, but I have no idea where to start. How many kids should I invite, how can I have all the kids participate in the same time. I can probably borrow the kid set from my director, then what about the other kids. I want this show to be a fun show for the kids and their parents. I don't want people/children to be bored. I'm also hoping that it will generate a lot of sales (Am I aiming too high?!)
HELP!!!!! :confused:

In the same boatI think I may try a mommy and me show at the end of the month. I am inviting 40 kids with their parent so I don't know what to expect as far as turn out? The majority of them I don't know at all (inviting all my daughters class mates) and a couple friends with their kids. So it could be a huge hit and miss or unexpected hi turn out?? ONe just never knows? My recruiter says there's probably no time to do a demo so steal a few min. before you start and go over PC intro. hand out folders, talk about specials etc breifly then begin. I am nervous at how chaotic it will be with almost all 3 years olds loose in my kitchen but hopefully moms participate and keep it under control. On top of this being my first kitchen show ever! So I will hope for the best and pray for the worst! Good luck with yours! ;)

Kid shows can be VERY hectic! I did one over the summer for a MOMs club. Children ranged in age from 3-5. There were 12 children (10 participating) and 10 moms. We made tic tac toe pizzas and did a sundae bar for dessert. The moms helped the kids prepare the pizzas (for the most part). By the time the pizzas came out and the kids ate, it was nap time. I ended up walking out with 2 completed orders and a bunch of moms who said, "It's just too crazy to look through this now. I'll take it home and give you a call..." You know how that goes. It ended up being a $500 show because one woman placed an order for $200, but it was definitely a lot more work than a regular kitchen show. I found it difficult to talk about the products and keep moms attention because the kids needed it. Good luck!
Let us know how it goes!

1. Can I use my own recipes for the kid's cooking segment?

Yes, you can definitely use your own recipes for the kid's cooking segment. It's always a good idea to have a variety of options for different age groups and dietary restrictions.

2. How do I keep the kids engaged during the show?

One way to keep kids engaged is to involve them in the show by having them help with prep work or allowing them to add ingredients. You can also incorporate fun games or challenges throughout the show to keep their attention.

3. What are some age-appropriate tasks for kids during the show?

Younger kids can help with simple tasks such as measuring and mixing ingredients, while older kids can assist with more advanced tasks like chopping and using kitchen tools. It's important to always supervise and assign tasks based on each child's skill level.

4. How can I make the show interactive for kids watching at home?

You can make the show interactive for kids at home by incorporating polls, quizzes, or challenges that they can participate in while watching. You can also encourage them to cook along with you and share their creations on social media.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when hosting a cooking show with kids?

Safety should always be a top priority when hosting a cooking show with kids. Make sure to have adult supervision at all times, use appropriate kitchen tools and equipment, and teach kids about safe handling and cooking practices. It's also a good idea to have a first aid kit on hand in case of any accidents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tara Volpenhein
  • pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • MHPampered