• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kid-Friendly Recipes for a Special Mom and Friends!

The goal is to make something they will enjoy and not feel too guilty about. Sounds like you are going to need to come up with some ideas that are kid-friendly. Maybe an ice cream party? An easy focaccia?
pattikake
I will be doing a show this month for a young mother and her friends. She wants me to demo something 'kid friendly'. Her son is 2 years old, and the ages of the children of the guests attending are between 2-5.

I haven't had kids in my house for YEARS! So am not sure what 'kid friendly' food I should do.

Ideas ??!

Why don't you do an ice cream party? You could have the host get nuts for chopping, strawberries and bananas for the egg slicer, make up a pan of brownies in a stone, etc. I have an outline for ice cream parties if you get me your email addy. I did these the first 3 months of my business (June-Aug) and it was a great hit!

sounds like a difficult show to me. 2 year olds are not really going to allow the host and her friends time to give you the attention you deserve, but... an ice cream party sounds fun. I would skip the nuts due to allergy issues and chop some cookies (animal crackers, or some oreos) instead. And if you are looking for a lunch idea, make a simple focaccia. Most kids love pizza. good luck.

Is she wanting the kids to help or just be able to eat?

The kids won't be helping .. the moms want ideas for kid-friendly meals. I want to demo one, and tell them about others.I was thinking about the chicken nuggets recipe that is in one of our cookbooks. You basically take crushed sun chips and roll the chicken pieces in that. Other than that tho, I'm at a loss.

Creamy one pot pasta

BLT Toss

Chicken Fajitas in the DCB

Chicken or Pork BBQ's in the DCB

The Crunchy Whole grain chicken bites is in the 29 Min. To Dinner cookbook - excellent!

or for something on the sweet/healthy side - Apple Berry Salsa!

I still would do the focaccia. Remember, it really is not about the food - even though the host thinks it is. Kids eat pizza and you'll get to show a bunch of products. Sounds like you are going to need something simple to hold their attention.And make some chocolate milk in the quick stir pitcher.

I advertise the ice cream party as something very kid friendly, the moms can make the ice cream for them and they can socialize while the kids are eating.

Another alternative would be a calzone/pizza

My kids are that age and they love the Asian Noodle Skillet and most casserole type dishes like Mexican Chicken Lasagna. It''s a great way to sneak in some veggies. They also love pasta, so anything in the Deep Covered Baker like the Tortellini Toss, Penne al Fresca, etc...

Dinnertime is always crazy, so if you can put them to work helping you, it makes it go a lot more smooth. My kids love to use the Egg Slicer Plus, Quick-Stir Pitcher, Measuring Cups, and stirring everything up. They can even use the Food Chopper, with supervision!

There's also the Power Cooking recipes. Most of those are pretty good for kids. It really just depends on kids. Some kids are more picky than others. My kids will eat any of our pasta recipes, chicken and rice based ones, soups, lasagnas, and mexican flavored foods. They won't eat salad based ones or ones that are predominately veggies.

What are some easy and healthy recipes that kids will enjoy?

Some great options for easy and healthy kid-friendly recipes are homemade chicken fingers, veggie-packed spaghetti and meatballs, mini pizzas on whole wheat English muffins, and fruit and yogurt parfaits.

How can I involve my kids in the cooking process?

You can involve your kids in the cooking process by letting them help with simple tasks such as measuring ingredients, stirring, and garnishing. You can also have them choose which recipes they want to make and let them help with meal planning.

What are some fun and unique recipes that kids can help prepare for a special occasion?

Some fun and unique recipes that kids can help prepare for a special occasion are rainbow fruit skewers, homemade granola bars, build-your-own taco bar, and banana sushi rolls.

How can I make sure the recipes are safe for my kids to help with?

To ensure the recipes are safe for your kids to help with, make sure to read the instructions and ingredients carefully. Avoid using sharp knives or hot stovetops and always supervise your kids while they are cooking.

What are some tips for getting picky eaters to try new recipes?

Some helpful tips for getting picky eaters to try new recipes are involving them in the cooking process, making the food visually appealing, and offering a variety of options. You can also try incorporating new ingredients into familiar dishes and praising them for trying new foods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• timbimac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • kcmckay
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
flemings99
Replies